USA
Release date: November 6, 2018
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $34.99
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

6287082_sa.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
come on really?

The Blufans clearly has a better front cover, but it's not one of my favorite movies, so I might forgo a premium. It's one of those movies that has grown on me after multiple viewings. The back of the Blufans is weak, IMO, so a combination SteelBook could happen.

Reactions: tono06
The Blufans clearly has a better front cover, but it's not one of my favorite movies, so I might forgo a premium. It's one of those movies that has grown on me after multiple viewings. The back of the Blufans is weak, IMO, so a combination SteelBook could happen.

Remember that the original BluFans edition suffered from a lot of production issues on the steelbook, including a lot of damaged copies from scratches and other defects. So if you were to buy a sealed copy, I'd be a little worried about it's underlying condition

Reactions: RMA
Remember that the original BluFans edition suffered from a lot of production issues on the steelbook, including a lot of damaged copies from scratches and other defects. So if you were to buy a sealed copy, I'd be a little worried about it's underlying condition

I had read about that, but thanks for the reminder! Most copies seem to be sealed, so it could be a big roll of the die.

Looks like the button, joystick and screen are debossed and Ralph’s face is embossed.

Yes, looks v. nice . . . the front cover a great combination of both the Blufans and the Zavvi first edition:-
1541417165007.png
/
1541417004499.png
1541416690173.png

Judging by the bowing of the J-card it's seems clear that the steelbook is embossed - definitely the frame of the screen at least . . . position of the joystick = that too.
1541417938826.png

Another bonus is that it will go well (lol) w/ the equally lovely INCREDIBLES 2 (difficult to tell from pics what's happening in the way of 'bossing on INCREDIBLES 2 tho looks to me like the window at least is debossed):-
Pics of both steelbooks courtesy tyrok (BD.com)
1541418986041.png
1541419047743.png

1541418847754.png
1541418904882.png

Last edited:
this is better then i thought, man i all ready have the blufans and the zavvi lenti, but the gloss n embossing/debossing.......
If I had the Blufans I would probably pass on this. But I’ve got the Zavvi (which i love and has been custom glossed) but this looks awesome, and the 4K should be popping!

If I had the Blufans I would probably pass on this. But I’ve got the Zavvi (which i love and has been custom glossed) but this looks awesome, and the 4K should be popping!
my worst nightmare is becoming real lol Best buy releasing all the zavvi ones with better finished and me sucking it and buying all over again lol

my worst nightmare is becoming real lol Best buy releasing all the zavvi ones with better finished and me sucking it and buying all over again lol
It doesn’t help that they have the added draw of 4k