X-Men (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Lenticular) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Oct 18, 2018
Release date: June 7, 2021
Purchase links: 4K - BD (Pre-order on March 13 at 12 PM for Red Carpet, at 6 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £31.99 (4K + BD) - £23.99 (BD)

12916530-3364846163860809.jpg
12916530-1504846163943306.jpg 12916530-8664846163915541.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Its looks exactly as you'd expect a reasonable matte finish to look. Nothing amazing, but not overly streaky either. Anyone expecting these to be glossy was dreaming. The additional embossing (other than the title) is a welcome surprise though.

My hope for these was that they'd be at least as good as the HMV The Wolverine lenticular steelbook that was released as few years ago

EDIT

This one (albeit this is the German release)

Reactions: jc2ssych
My hope for these was that they'd be at least as good as the HMV The Wolverine lenticular steelbook that was released as few years ago

EDIT

This one (albeit this is the German release)

Yeah I've got that exact one, the german release. Finish looks the same to me, except this xmen 4k wave are fairly heavily embossed and only the border was for Wolverine.

Artwork on that Wolverine release destroys all these releases through imo, perhaps on par with DP1/2 and logan.

Meh

Can’t quite decide what to do with this wave. I could just go for deadpool and Logan but it would be great to have a full set. Plus although I hate it I am missing dark Phoenix

Meh

Can’t quite decide what to do with this wave. I could just go for deadpool and Logan but it would be great to have a full set. Plus although I hate it I am missing dark Phoenix
I'm just going for Deadpool 1 myself. Logan and DP2 look great, but I've got manta and fac for both so the artwork is pretty much covered.

It looks better than I expected. Let's see how the lenti turns out
It looked alright in the video i saw, however brief it was (it was literally at hyperlapse video speed). No better or worse than the more recent MCU zavvi lentis.

Last edited:
Reactions: djjez83
I'm just going for Deadpool 1 myself. Logan and DP2 look great, but I've got manta and fac for both so the artwork is pretty much covered.

Honestly, the matte looks okay on this one but that Deadpool in matte is going to be tragic. It’s screaming for full gloss.

Honestly, the matte looks okay on this one but that Deadpool in matte is going to be tragic. It’s screaming for full gloss.
I'm hoping it'll be serviceable in hand, but i agree with you, those purples needed gloss. From the looks of this one, the border, title, Deadpool and the unicorn will all likely be embossed on the front. It doesn't excuse the lack of gloss, but it'll make it worthwhile atleast.

Might have to cancel the rest of the wave. I might keep my order for Dark Phoenix, though, as the WWA steel is mediocre.

We really need some mechanism to demand all steelbooks are gloss. Dunno if it is zavvi or the film company that decides the finish, but it seems they like to shaft the brits with matte most of the time.

Reactions: MM3
We really need some mechanism to demand all steelbooks are gloss. Dunno if it is zavvi or the film company that decides the finish, but it seems they like to shaft the brits with matte most of the time.

LOL. Sure, demand gloss. Might as well demand world peace as well. See if you get either one.

Perhaps it costs more to gloss SteelBooks outside of North America where the European SteelBooks are made and studios don't want to pay for it. SteelBooks are already priced a lot higher in the UK than in North America and everybody complains about it. If prices shoot up even more because there is gloss or embossing, I don't know if the brits will be able to handle that amount of shafting.

Don't people have enough to complain about already? :LOL: