HMV Ireland
Xtra-Vision UK
Base.com
Price: £19.99

01.jpg

02.jpg 03.jpg
00.jpg

Last edited:
Yet more releases of steelbooks that have already been out, it used to be great to get a steelbook that had been hard to find
but now all you have to do is wait and it will be re released and making the rare one's worthless.
There are so many they could fetch out that haven't been released yet, they really are just milking it now.

They are willingly cannibalising their own market for short term gain.

...i guess in 5 years when steelbook collecting is utterly dead they plan on going back to insurance or banking or whatever it is they came from :meh:

This is really good and the artwork is nice but since they seem to be a collection and the wolverine films are really bad I think I gonna pass on it.

Like @C.C. 95 , I considered keeping my preorderS, but for this much money I need confirmation of Em/debossing and a glossy finish. I DO love the magneto artwork though, and will watch this for a price drop

Last edited:
Reactions: C.C. 95
The biggest gripe on this I have (aside from the price!) Is that it's only 3 of the 6 X-Men films released in a similar fashion; The idea of having The Wolverine, First Class & Origins with matching steelbooks, but the first two movies and DoFP with totally different artwork doesn't appeal to me- Also, would of been nice to see something other than the 'X' on the back of all three of these...
These movies are offshoots- not a part of the X-MEN main series.

These movies are offshoots- not a part of the X-MEN main series.
I dunno, I think the fact that Hugh Jackman is in all 7 X-Men films (and no doubt Apocalypse too, so 8) puts them all into a nice pile. They seem to have forgone numerical sequels and instead gone for subtitles so they can throw the timeline around a bit.

Eventually Wolverine will be recast, but I don't think that will be until the reboot. Until then I think any Jackman X-Men film can be considered part of the main series.

Reactions: Bagman99
I dunno, I think the fact that Hugh Jackman is in all 7 X-Men films (and no doubt Apocalypse too, so 8) puts them all into a nice pile. They seem to have forgone numerical sequels and instead gone for subtitles so they can throw the timeline around a bit.

Eventually Wolverine will be recast, but I don't think that will be until the reboot. Until then I think any Jackman X-Men film can be considered part of the main series.
The others (the main films) have a chronological through line. But, I also choose to ignore LAST STAND so....;)
koolanaut.gif

The others (the main films) have a chronological through line. But, I also choose to ignore LAST STAND so....;)
koolanaut.gif
What do you mean by 'main films'? Do you mean just the first 3? Because at this point, there have been 3 'main films' and 4 (soon 5) 'offshoots'. The implied minority is now the majority. I think it's safer to call the X-Men films a collection, and not try to segregate them into 'the main 3, and then these other ones'.

Even your GIF shows Ellen Page, who played Kitty (a main-ish character) in both The Last Stand and Days of Future Past. Along with about 6 other characters which ties DOFP to the original trilogy, essentially making DOFP part of your 'main films'. But then DOFP is also set immediately after First Class, again sharing nearly the whole cast, so that should be included too. Then of course you've got Origins which has the scene at the end with Xavier which leads it nicely into X-Men 1.

I suppose the only real offshoot is The Wolverine, but even that has the scene with Jean Grey which ties it back to the earlier films.

Reactions: Bagman99
What do you mean by 'main films'? Do you mean just the first 3? Because at this point, there have been 3 'main films' and 4 (soon 5) 'offshoots'. The implied minority is now the majority. I think it's safer to call the X-Men films a collection, and not try to segregate them into 'the main 3, and then these other ones'.

Even your GIF shows Ellen Page, who played Kitty (a main-ish character) in both The Last Stand and Days of Future Past. Along with about 6 other characters which ties DOFP to the original trilogy, essentially making DOFP part of your 'main films'. But then DOFP is also set immediately after First Class, again sharing nearly the whole cast, so that should be included too. Then of course you've got Origins which has the scene at the end with Xavier which leads it nicely into X-Men 1.

I suppose the only real offshoot is The Wolverine, but even that has the scene with Jean Grey which ties it back to the earlier films.
All interesting points. But I think you could comfortably view 1,2, LS, DOFP as one series without ever knowing of the ties that bind with what I consider the 'solo' albums. I mean, I also happily dismiss the existence of Iron Man 3 in the MCU, too.;)

To be honest they are a collection of films to me and although in order of release is 1, 2, 3, origins, first class, wolverine and DOFP. They still kinda connect (even though singer has ignored and acknowledged last stand and some continuity problems like sabertooth in x men 1 and origins being different and some issues in DOFP etc) and have a time line which is origins, first class, DOFP (past), the wolverine, DOFP (future). and with 1, 2 and 3 sitting inbetween DOFP (past) and the wolverine they are now also a seperate time line where they can start again.

All interesting points. But I think you could comfortably view 1,2, LS, DOFP as one series without ever knowing of the ties that bind with what I consider the 'solo' albums. I mean, I also happily dismiss the existence of Iron Man 3 in the MCU, too.;)
:OMG::OMG::OMG:

How would you go from watching Avengers to Age of Ultron without wondering wtf happened to Tony?! I think too much happened in the last 10 minutes of IM3 to dismiss it entirely :p

Reactions: Flloydo
Or a parallel universe kind of thing. Depends how you look at it.