HMV Ireland
Xtra-Vision UK
Base.com
Price: £19.99

01.jpg

02.jpg 03.jpg
00.jpg

Last edited:
The only thing that bothers me is... why did Fox release the X-Men 1-3 SteelBooks with film artwork and then X-Men 4-6 with this kind of artwork? A little consistency would be nice. Now I want X-Men 1-3 with the Mystique, Storm and Jean artwork.

kinda like but will wait for the flash sale. If I miss it my feelings won't be that hurted.
My feelings exactly. May be once it hits the 9.99gbp mark (hoping for 7.99 though :p)

I was going to pass when I got this email from Zavvi, but once I saw the artwork I figured I'd quadruple dip (Original BD from before I knew steelbooks existed, French Steelbook, Target metalpak and now this).

Ordered together with the other two, used VC1050! :)

Think they'll do the other three movies sooner or later as well, but for now i can't risk to miss them.. :D

Anyway, since these are not stated to be exclusives, chances are pretty high that some other retailer(s) may sell them as well, maybe even here germany..? :woot:

Not a fan of the new artwork. Think I will resist the temptation to double-dip this time... unlike the Avengers !

I think Zavvi is in league with my credit card company to try and bankrupt me !

:woot:

Reactions: monsterzebra
Artwork looks great on all these my only gripe is you never get a full matching set abit like the die hards your left missing vengeance and a good day to die hard
Will they release the others with this art in the future do we think ??

They are willingly cannibalising their own market for short term gain.

...i guess in 5 years when steelbook collecting is utterly dead they plan on going back to insurance or banking or whatever it is they came from :meh:

Agreed that this is just greed. This is just playing on the fact that Marvel steelbooks always sell and yes, I know we don't have to buy etc but collectors collect for a reason and the completist in all collectors is being preyed upon. It certainly devalues collecting and previous limited editions and just helps me now with drawing a line under spending any decent money on steelbooks - it just isn't worth it and to be honest is unfeasible because of the sheer volume (multi-versions of the same steelbook at the same time from the same companies (Lenti, Full Slip, Quarter Slip), various formats from different countries, one's you cannot even easily import and have to pay through the nose for, and the constant re-issuing of stuff we already have and let's not forget the cost.

As has been mentioned - when the next format arrives watch our precious collections de-value and anyone who says rarity and monetary value are not what this is about don't kid yourself...it certainly and definitely is NOT all of course but it IS a significant factor - who doesn't like to find out that the steelbook they've managed to get a hold of has rocketed in value? If all of us just said no...not this time or the next that you try to con us...these and future releases would drop and be a reasonable price and truly would be limited editons again - just like back in the beginning!

It reminds me of comic collecting - i remember getting the black bagged limited edition of the Death of Superman - instantly rocketed to £75 and was within 3 days devalued by a platinum edition that was only available to comic shops who had bought a certain amount of the ordinary comic for them to sell on to comic collectors for £150!! Greed and laughing at the average (not rich) collector!

Whinge over! :smug:

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: SaberTooth
I share the opinion of some folks here.. I am disappointed that what we have here is another wave of titles that already has steelbook versions. Not being a hypocrite, but I sometimes double dip, but that was when I am fairly new to steelbook collecting and was not aware that there were other editions (ie. international releases). Why can't they focus on titles that doesn't have one yet? I personally would like to have one for Secret Life of Walter Mitty or American Hustle.. Just my 2 cents.. Oh well.. I am saving money.. Not getting this nor the other X-Men releases. (n)

Yeah I never realised this is at Amazon and base too so I'll cancel my order with zavvi and wait for a much more decent price drop. Im thinking £9.99 or less within a few months of release

Yeah I never realised this is at Amazon and base too so I'll cancel my order with zavvi and wait for a much more decent price drop. Im thinking £9.99 or less within a few months of release
Amazon.UK rarely drop prices now with Fox UK steelbooks you have better luck seeing Zavvi reduce the price in about 3-6 months
AmazonUK now have gotten very expensive with their steelbook prices in last year and with Fox steelbooks the prices did not drop on amazon.uk

It was only Zavvi who had the Fox Steelbooks at £7.99 to £12.99 and none of these were exclusive to Zavvi

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Flloydo
Amazon.UK rarely drop prices now with Fox UK steelbooks you have better luck seeing Zavvi reduce the price in about 3-6 months
AmazonUK now have gotten very expensive with their steelbook prices in last year and with Fox steelbooks the prices did not drop on amazon.uk

It was only Zavvi who had the Fox Steelbooks at £7.99 to £12.99 and none of these were exclusive to Zavvi

I never necessarily meant a price drop on Amazon anyway, just means my options are open and it's not just an exclusive to zavvi meaning HMV will prob get aswel I imagine. But yeah more chance of it being cheaper with zavvi at some point.

I never necessarily meant a price drop on Amazon anyway, just means my options are open and it's not just an exclusive to zavvi meaning HMV will prob get aswel I imagine. But yeah more chance of it being cheaper with zavvi at some point.
I cancelled my order on Wednesday as I decided I will wait to see what they look like in the flesh and also when a price drop happens
It was mentioned by the way from the beginning these new x-men steelbooks were a general wide release that would be available from all retailers and were not an exclusive to Zavvi

• Informative
Reactions: Flloydo
What do we think the chances are of getting the first three in this design in the UK since there is a Filmarena version coming out? And what do people think of the likelihood of DoFP: The Rogue Cut and Apocalypse being released in similar designs?