USA
Yesasia.jpg

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q) What is the link to Yesasia?
A) http://www.yesasia.com

Q) Is the site in English?
A) Yes it is!

Q) How do I register?
A) Click HERE to register and follow the very easy on screen instructions!

Q) Do they ship outside of Hong Kong?
A) Yes, they ship WORLDWIDE.

FREE international (Non tracked) shipping on orders over $39 - if under this amount it will cost around $7

Important - if you use the NON Tracked option and your item gets lost in the post it will NOT be replaced.

For Tracked post use EMS which will cost around $27

Q) What form of packing do they use?
A) Depends on quantity you order, see below: (Pics courtesy of SBC28)

A bubble bag / envelope. Pretty thin, nothing special.
(I had already cut it open when i realized i should take some pictures for the forum)
yapackaging01.jpg

4 layers of bubble wrap.
yapackaging02.jpg

One sheet (2 layers) removed.
(That white sheet is the invoice, wrapped around the SB.)
yapackaging03.jpg

Q) Is the retailer custom's friendly? (i.e will they mark as gift, or low value).
A) Yes they are! They automatically class it as a 'Commercial Gift' with no value

Q) Will the retailer charges upon order or upon shipment
A) From the horses mouth: "We guarantee that your credit card will not be billed until your order has been shipped out."

Q) What payment do they accept?
A) Credit Card / Paypal / Check or Money Order

Q) Customer Services any good?
A) Responsibly fast reply to emails, overall OK.

Cancellations: Log in >> My Account >> Click on your order number (make a note of the o/n) >> Select 'contact us regarding this order' from the dropdown box >> Submit >> fill in info >> Submit.

Important Note - "This product cannot be cancelled or returned after the order has been placed."

Replacements: Send an email via their website HERE within 14 days of receiving the item, include your name, order number, and reason for return.

Keep in mind that if the item is out of stock, discontinued, and is not available for exchange, your order will be cancelled and will be refunded.

Refunds: They are normally processed within a few days, same procedure as above.

Last edited by a moderator:
I received Blade 1 and 2 JP Steels from them just few days back. Came in four layers of bubble wrap but no cardboard box. No customs charge. Was marked down in value too despite them denying my request to mark down.

Why didn't you want to have your package marked down?

So I just received an Email from Yesasia.com Im response of my Damaged Spider-Man Steelbook......

I sent them the pictures of the paint chip, and they answered me saying that they can offer a 5 $ coupon for the store.

WTF EEK!

Of course I emailed then pretty mad saying that is not acceptable. How the f....
Am I going to accept a 5 $ coupon for the store!!!! The steelbook cost me 50 $ and now is worth ****!! Do they think that after this terrible customer service I´m willing to buy again in that store!!???

Just Inaceptable. :angry:

Just for your guys information, this the email that I received after sending then pics and trying to return a damaged Steelbook. Im not buying from here anymore.

Please send back the defective items with the Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) clearly marked on the return package. The items must be returned to us securely wrapped, with the original labels, tags, and product packaging (if any). Returns found missing any of the above may be refused.

"We will reimburse the return shipping cost to you in YesAsia Credit upon confirmation of the defective items. YesAsia.com will be responsible for the return shipping cost only if the package is returned by regular air mail. For other means of return, including courier services, registered mail or express mail, YesAsia.com will not reimburse shipping cost. Please keep your return postage receipt for reference.

Please note that we will examine defective items upon receiving them. If we confirm that items are defective as described, we will ship you replacement items. If the defects cannot be verified then the original items will be shipped back to you."

I think Im keeping the Steelbook, I do not want their store credit, they don´t want shipping with tracking number and if the Steelbook get lost during transit it is my responsability. And last but not least, maybe they find that the paint chip is not big enough or who nows what and they return the Steelbook again.

In my opinion terrible costumer service.

Seriously thinking on quitting collecting

guys i got an email from yesasia that my items have been shippedon 8th december 2012 and nothing arrived until today...is that normal???

I asked them to mark down as part of placing the order which they refused but they did mark down on the package.

If you use YesAsia North America NOT YesAsia Global they will charge right away. If I knew this earlier I would have used JSDVD instead.

Edit: I was reading the JSDVD retailer thread and it seems that YesAsia has better customer service. I guess the high prices is actually going somewhere. I'll stick with YesAsia North America for now.

Last edited:
guys i got an email from yesasia that my items have been shippedon 8th december 2012 and nothing arrived until today...is that normal???

I think it's at the customs. My last order from Yesasia went to the customs too and took about 6 weeks until I got the notification from the customs office.

Reactions: Evil
Hi,

I want to pre-order a steelbook on this website, but I would know if they charge items immediately or when they ship ?

I read all the posts, but I have not seen any answer to this question.

Thanks.

Been buying from yesasia since 2002 , never had a problem with them except for. Cracked case which they offered 20 % off , but ask for 30 and they agreed

For anyone from Canada who has ordered from yesasia, how long does shipping typically take? My copy of Taken 2 (TW) was shipped over 2 weeks ago (today is actually 12 business days); just the regular method, so no tracking. Just curious if I should be expecting it soon? :ohno:

:dunno:Does anyone know if YesAsia still send items in the bubble wrap ball,as I never put anything in the notes for my order.wish I had read the thread first

:dunno:Does anyone know if YesAsia still send items in the bubble wrap ball,as I never put anything in the notes for my order.wish I had read the thread first

Yes they do. Even if you request a box there's no guarantee they'll put it in one. So it'll either be a bubble wrap ball or a bag with loads of bubble wrap. Either way i've never had anything damaged from them.

Reactions: Cookster1
Well my experience with them is just totally nuts !

If you recieve damaged goods they will replace it BUT if the replacement also gets damaged or LOST - they are NOT responsible - they have stated this in there policy. Meaning you could be out of a replacement .

They will not refund on damaged goods, they only do a replacement!

They also only pay for "normal " shipping - not registered. They advise you though in there policy to return as registered - otherwise they are not responsible for lost goods. So it is stated in there policy.

In my opion - worst customer service i have EVER dealt with.

Take care
John

Gotta say that on the whole I love YA but after cancelling my Skyfall steelbook that I had on order since the listing went up I'll think twice about ordering anything limited from them.

Very disappointing. I know it could be a one off but there are lots of people who have ordered from them and had they're orders cancelled once YA couldn't source the items. Not good for a big company.