Young Guns (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: March 28th, 2016
Purchase link: Young Guns - Pre-order on Sunday March 13, at 18:00 (UK time)
Price: £15.99
Notes: Limited to 2000 copies, embossed bullet holes

11259502-1164372588505331.JPG

11259502-1984372588524834.JPG

Last edited:
Or even the 90's.

A lot of people forget, as well, that 'Blaze of Glory' was not actually an OST in the strict sense. JBJ contributed something of the 'signature sound' of the movie with the end titles offering, if I recall correctly, but the rest of the soundtrack was Alan Silvestri. The BOG album was in fact self-described as 'music inspired by the movie YGII' and in my mind stands as an incredible album in its own right, concept and thematic, with only 'Guano City' tagged in on the end track from the actual soundtrack itself. JBJ, being an 'outlaw' obsessive (and pal of Brat-Packers), with countless recurring Western themes in BJ discography, put together a brilliant collection of poignant and thoughtful songs, the reflective retrospective voice, as it were, of Brushy Bill, and a thousand dead outlaws, and similarly forgotten is the astounding talent that he managed to assemble to support him in the task - celebrity session musicians including Jeff Beck and Elton John.

Love the movie.

Love the JBJ album even more! Santa Fe gets me every single time... so evocative.

Not forgetting the Jon Bon Jovi cameo in the film (as well as Tom Cruise)

Order Despatched

I will post photos when I get delivery but that won't be until next Tue to Thur next week with the Bank Holiday on Mon
Thought I might get mine today, but the postie has already been and gone (with just one piece of junk mail for me from a PPI claims company!), so I guess it will Tuesday for me now as well...

Wow - you received yours nice and early this morning! Not likely to see a postie round my way until mid-late afternoon!
I stand corrected - postie has just been, so was round early this morning (or early for my area, anyway!). However, no sign of a steelbook, though... :(

Thanks for the photos @paulboland, it Don't look too bad but I'll be waiting for a big drop.

Gone are the days when I pre order a catalogue release from zavvi unless it's a must have with immense artwork and good price

Reactions: paulboland
Thanks for the photos @paulboland, it Don't look too bad but I'll be waiting for a big drop.

Gone are the days when I pre order a catalogue release from zavvi unless it's a must have with immense artwork and good price
It's a nice steelbook and looks good.
It is let down a bit with the back artwork as that not the best looking image but the front artwork looks great and the badges shine

It's very glossy and a fingerprint magnet

Reactions: Flloydo
Yeah I went ahead and bought it now. maybe there will be a drop, or maybe not due to pricing and it looking this good. In this case I'd rather spend an $5 now in the event it sells out as I wouldn't buy this at resell prices later. Got mine $23. And now I should never need another Young Guns blu-ray. haha. Gonna trade in my amaray. :p

I have to say, this is a perfect example of what collecting Steelbook is all about; it looks incredible.

This, alongside Lawless, are two MUST owns. Lawless can still be picked up for less than £20 on the bay, which in my mind is a ridiculous bargain.

Grab them with both hands and run!

A little bit of trivia Tom cruise has an uncredited cameo in this film you can spot him in the shootout at the end