I have one as a secondary player. It was definitely worth the price for me! (I paid $125). Some things to consider:Anyone own a OREI BDP-M2? I need a reg free player and it's right in my price range, maybe someone can convince me to buy it...or not
Thanks bcdavis I've ordered it from Amazon 2 nights ago ($125) and it's going to be a secondary player for me also. I read the reviews there but I'm glad you mentioned some of the pros and cons. Definitely not bothersome and I know why to expect now Will update if there's anything out of the ordinary.I have one as a secondary player. It was definitely worth the price for me! (I paid $125). Some things to consider:
- Noisier than my Sony BDP-S470 (not enough to notice while watching a movie so not necessarily a con, just an observation)
- Occasionally it doesn't power all the way off (just unplug it and it works again). This has only happened to me 3 or 4 times. A couple amazon reviews also mention this issue.
- No streaming apps.
- Easy region switching (as long as you don't loose the remote code. Lol. It's 8520). I leave mine set to B.
- NTSC <--> PAL conversion
- Plays the occasional PIXAR disc that has audio trouble in my Sony player (Brave and MU) perfectly fine.
hey! Since you're also from Canada. I was wondering, where are you gonna purchase your Oppo? I'm kinda new o the online buying. was thinking of getting one too... thanks
I got it thru Amazon, they sell it for $499 and match the US price. Some other stores sell for higher with the adjusted currency. The player is well packed, so there is no concern of damage. Delivery is pretty quick since Amazon ships by UPS. Hope that helps.hey! Since you're also from Canada. I was wondering, where are you gonna purchase your Oppo? I'm kinda new o the online buying. was thinking of getting one too... thanks
is it multiregion by default or did you have it modified ? what's the price you paid ? thanks !Well, this Saturday, I went to buy my new player. Since I had such a good experience with my previous LG BD550, thought I'd stick with the same brand and ended up getting the LG BP-640. Beautiful!
- Plays Standard DVDs from ALL Regions (Regions 1-8)
- Plays Blu-Ray Discs from ALL Regions (Regions A, B, & C)
- Built-in PAL / NTSC Conversion
- Guaranteed to play discs from any Region on any TV!
- Full 3D Support
- Streaming Media via Netflix, YouTube and More
- HDMI Output, USB 2.0 Input, BD Live + Bonus View
- Up-scaling of Non-HD DVDs to 1080p
Also comes with:
- Built in Wi-Fi
Browse and access the files on your external storage devices such as your computer, tablet PC or smart phone directly from your Blu-ray™ Player and watch them on the big TV screen.
Miracast™ allows screen mirroring from mobile devices to TV through LG Bluray ™ Player. Just mirror the screen of mobile devices and enjoy mobile contents -pictures, videos, games-right on the TV screen.
USB Direct Recording & Playback
You can record CD tracks on your USB, while listening at the same time.
View attachment 87830