Your next Blu-ray Player?

What feature(s) will decide your next BD-player?

• Networked BD player (wi-fi netflix streaming etc)

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • Im digging the wall mountable

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cheap but effective, with BD-Live Capability

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Some type of Region Free player

Votes: 13 35.1%
  • Another PS3 or maybe a PS4

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Other - Stated in thread

Votes: 5 13.5%

• Total voters
Anyone own a OREI BDP-M2? I need a reg free player and it's right in my price range, maybe someone can convince me to buy it...or not :ohno:

I have one as a secondary player. It was definitely worth the price for me! (I paid $125). Some things to consider:

Cons:
- Noisier than my Sony BDP-S470 (not enough to notice while watching a movie so not necessarily a con, just an observation)
- Occasionally it doesn't power all the way off (just unplug it and it works again). This has only happened to me 3 or 4 times. A couple amazon reviews also mention this issue.
- No streaming apps.

Pros:
- Easy region switching (as long as you don't loose the remote code. Lol. It's 8520). I leave mine set to B.
- NTSC <--> PAL conversion
- Plays the occasional PIXAR disc that has audio trouble in my Sony player (Brave and MU) perfectly fine.

Reactions: poncholo
I have one as a secondary player. It was definitely worth the price for me! (I paid $125). Some things to consider:

Cons:
- Noisier than my Sony BDP-S470 (not enough to notice while watching a movie so not necessarily a con, just an observation)
- Occasionally it doesn't power all the way off (just unplug it and it works again). This has only happened to me 3 or 4 times. A couple amazon reviews also mention this issue.
- No streaming apps.

Pros:
- Easy region switching (as long as you don't loose the remote code. Lol. It's 8520). I leave mine set to B.
- NTSC <--> PAL conversion
- Plays the occasional PIXAR disc that has audio trouble in my Sony player (Brave and MU) perfectly fine.

Thanks bcdavis :) I've ordered it from Amazon 2 nights ago ($125) and it's going to be a secondary player for me also. I read the reviews there but I'm glad you mentioned some of the pros and cons. Definitely not bothersome and I know why to expect now :thumbs: Will update if there's anything out of the ordinary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well. The Panasonic BDP-300 3D has served me well, but today said hello to a new friend. Here it is, thanks to Earthscope for pointing me in the direction.

Oppo 105D Multi Region

rw5lgjs.jpg

UwJjMcT.jpg

tneByXI.jpg

I took a few screenshots. Love the picture on this connected to the THX panny. :D

Caq4GBR.jpg

Also for those wondering if the Darbee feature is worth it. I took a few comparison shots. Normal first, Darbee second. After tweaking and tweaking, these are my optimized final results.

Hope you like.

BdN9W8D.jpg

CU1PkZv.jpg

7HagtJg.jpg

d13gr0u.jpg

fbpS25M.jpg

6nfaLkH.jpg

BPZ7yWN.jpg

LBymXEJ.jpg

eUzF6XE.jpg

bX8G98j.jpg

WQJOHiS.jpg

ayw2ipQ.jpg

B4AlMsP.jpg

sIbOpWm.jpg

ReQqumL.jpg
gxxnyU0.jpg

Just ordered LG BP530 Multi Region Free DVD, Blu-ray, 3D Player :oohyeah: :scat::scat: :oohyeah:

-Blu-ray Region: A, B or C Supported
-3D Blu-ray playback
-DVD Region: ALL 0-9 Supported
-WiFi for Wirless Internet Connection
-PAL/NTSC Playback on any TV
-100-240V Worldwide Voltage

Reactions: Poitvd
I'm getting an Oppo in a few months, haven't decided on the 103 or 105 model yet. But from all the reviews I've seen, this thing blows other more expensive brands out of the water in terms of price point, value and features.

http://www.oppodigital.com/press/

hey! Since you're also from Canada. I was wondering, where are you gonna purchase your Oppo? I'm kinda new o the online buying. was thinking of getting one too... thanks

hey! Since you're also from Canada. I was wondering, where are you gonna purchase your Oppo? I'm kinda new o the online buying. was thinking of getting one too... thanks

I got it thru Amazon, they sell it for $499 and match the US price. Some other stores sell for higher with the adjusted currency. The player is well packed, so there is no concern of damage. Delivery is pretty quick since Amazon ships by UPS. Hope that helps.

Reactions: sukibee
Well, this Saturday, I went to buy my new player. Since I had such a good experience with my previous LG BD550, thought I'd stick with the same brand and ended up getting the LG BP-640. Beautiful! :D

• Plays Standard DVDs from ALL Regions (Regions 1-8)
  • Plays Blu-Ray Discs from ALL Regions (Regions A, B, & C)
  • Built-in PAL / NTSC Conversion
  • Guaranteed to play discs from any Region on any TV!

• Full 3D Support
  • Streaming Media via Netflix, YouTube and More
  • HDMI Output, USB 2.0 Input, BD Live + Bonus View
  • Up-scaling of Non-HD DVDs to 1080p
  • Built in Wi-Fi
Also comes with:
Smart Share
Browse and access the files on your external storage devices such as your computer, tablet PC or smart phone directly from your Blu-ray™ Player and watch them on the big TV screen.
Miracast
Miracast™ allows screen mirroring from mobile devices to TV through LG Bluray ™ Player. Just mirror the screen of mobile devices and enjoy mobile contents -pictures, videos, games-right on the TV screen.
USB Direct Recording & Playback
You can record CD tracks on your USB, while listening at the same time.
BP640_medium01.jpg

Well, this Saturday, I went to buy my new player. Since I had such a good experience with my previous LG BD550, thought I'd stick with the same brand and ended up getting the LG BP-640. Beautiful! :D

• Plays Standard DVDs from ALL Regions (Regions 1-8)
  • Plays Blu-Ray Discs from ALL Regions (Regions A, B, & C)
  • Built-in PAL / NTSC Conversion
  • Guaranteed to play discs from any Region on any TV!

• Full 3D Support
  • Streaming Media via Netflix, YouTube and More
  • HDMI Output, USB 2.0 Input, BD Live + Bonus View
  • Up-scaling of Non-HD DVDs to 1080p
  • Built in Wi-Fi
Also comes with:
Smart Share
Browse and access the files on your external storage devices such as your computer, tablet PC or smart phone directly from your Blu-ray™ Player and watch them on the big TV screen.
Miracast
Miracast™ allows screen mirroring from mobile devices to TV through LG Bluray ™ Player. Just mirror the screen of mobile devices and enjoy mobile contents -pictures, videos, games-right on the TV screen.
USB Direct Recording & Playback
You can record CD tracks on your USB, while listening at the same time.
View attachment 87830

is it multiregion by default or did you have it modified ? what's the price you paid ? thanks !