Your Top 5 Game Characters

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Title says it all... who are your top 5 favourite game characters?

They can be from any game, on any console/platform, from any year. As long as they're an actual in-game character, then it counts! So robots, aliens, animals etc are allowed, but they have to have played a fairly major role in the game. So please, no "random cat I owned in The Sims" or anything daft like that. :rolleyes:

My Top 5:

5. Agent 47 (Hitman)
For his badassery and interesting backstory.

4. Lara Croft (Tomb Raider)
For being not only one of the most iconic female characters ever, but one of the most iconic characters full stop!

3. Niko Bellic (GTA:IV)
For his witty sense of humour and genius comebacks.

2. Abe (Oddworld)
For farting at the press of a button... it's as simple as that. Oh, and his quirky voice is wicked too.

1. John Marston (Red Dead Redemption) & Scott Shelby (Heavy Rain)
For being cool, kick-ass guys with a heart. No game storyline has ever gripped and shocked me as much as these two characters'.

So, yeah... I kind of cheated on the last one. But I figured I liked them both for pretty much the same reasons, so that makes it alright as far as I'm concerned. :D

Attachments

• gaming.jpeg
    gaming.jpeg
    106.2 KB · Views: 256
MY TOP 5:

DUKE NUKEM:
FOR BEING SO BAD ASS AND SHOUTING HILARIOUS INSULTS THROUGH THE WHOLE GAME. PLUS HE BRINGS BACK AWESOME CHILDHOOD MEMORIES!

b5344_Duke-Nukem-Forever-580x371.png

DANTE (DEVIL MAY CRY):
For being a cocky bad ass in a bunch of great games. Love the way he uses ebony and ivory plus his sword. The combos on them games are awesome.

Dante-Devil-May-cry-random-31001768-1024-768.jpg

KRATOS (GOD OF WAR):
Same as Dante really hes bad ass and you can chain together awesome moves. Plus i love the way he doesnt take **** from anyone and he killed all the gods!

god-of-war-ascension.jpg

NATHAN DRAKE (UNCHARTED)
Gotta be one of the funniest characters ever! For being cocky and making stuff up as he goes along! We need a movie with Nathan Fillion!

550572-016_nathan_drake.jpg

THE MASTER CHIEF (HALO)
My favourite character of all time. He's just so bad ass and i love the way he's a man of few words and everyone relies on him and he always pulls through to prove them right! Plus he's the most bad ass mother****** ever! Roll on Halo 4!

master-chief-halo-25211141-1024-768.jpg

My personal favourite has to be...

"It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all outta gum."

Yeah he has so many lol. In Duke Nukem Forever when he sees the big alien queen with 3 tits and he just randomly shouts HELL ID STILL HIT IT! Haha :hilarious: classic!

5- Claire Redfield:

Because Resident Evil: Code Veronica is my favorite Resident Evil game period.

Claire_Redfield_RE_CV_by_Claire_Wesker1.jpg

4- Chris Redfield: because not only he's Claire's brother, but also because he's badass!

chris-redfield-20070917111127792_640w.jpg

3- Isaac Clarke: I love Dead Space! It's my favorite Survival Horror of all times!

isaac-clarke.jpg

2- Kratos: ruthless and entertaining as hell! The GOW franchise is the reason I bought a PS3!

kratos5.jpg

1- Link: because he's everybody's hero, because Zelda is the greatest video games franchise of all times, because etc. How can anybody else compete?

Link-zelda-tp.jpg

Yeah he has so many lol. In Duke Nukem Forever when he sees the big alien queen with 3 tits and he just randomly shouts HELL ID STILL HIT IT! Haha :hilarious: classic!
Haha he is definitely the king of hilarious one-liners. :scat:

Nice one Mehdi. Another great list!

This is a tough one. Will have to think about it and report back. Definitely some really good one's in here already.
I actually planned to post this thread a week or two ago, so as you can tell, it obviously took me a while to think of my top 5 too lol.

Look forward to seeing yours though mate. :)

Reactions: Jason Bourne
Ok so I have mine with a few houroable mentions since I couldn't quite get it down to just 5 (Sorry, lol):

Honourable Mention #3
Ryu
He was my absolute favourite fighting character as a kid and even till this day he's still one of my favourites. He's a legend in video game characters.

http://bestgamewallpapers.com/files/super-street-fighter-iv/ryu_wide.jpg

Honourable Mention #2
Mario
Whats there to say here really... Its Mario and he was my childhood video game hero!

http://www.cristoferdelatorre.com/fondosdps/wallpapers/mario-bros-baile-break.jpg

Honourable Mention #1
Max Payne
So much emotion drives him its awesome. He's dark, gritty and out to get bad guys with his families tragedy driving him.

http://fronttowardsgamer.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Max-Payne-Title.jpg

Character #5
Joanna Dark
She never gives up and has a quirky sense of humour to boot. Not to mention loves to shoot with TWO guns at the same time!

http://i2.listal.com/image/262721/600full-perfect-dark-zero-cover.jpg

Character #4
Masterchief, Petty Officer John
One of most iconic character in a video game ever to be made. The only reason I ever owned a XBox was to play Halo (well and GoW).

http://www.freewebs.com/sg1-clan-commandcentre/Master Chief.jpg

Character #3
Lara Croft
She's sexy, charming and full of surprises. There's just so many things about her that are amazing. Probably the most iconic female video game character of all time (like Noodles already said).

http://relaunch.blog.mtvasia.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/lara_croft_tomb_raider.jpg

Character #2
Agent 47
What can I say. Im fascinated with this guy's character. He's on point, on task, on the job at all times and he does it with style, stealth and a classiness that just shouldn't exist in any assassin but it does in him!

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/150/1/c/Hitman___Agent_47_by_MadSpike.png

Character #1
Nathan Drake
The most fun Ive had playing any character ever I think. He's cool, charming and relentless along with his witty humour.

http://images.wikia.com/deadliestfiction/images/f/f7/NathanDrakeU3.jpg

---------- Post added at 08:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 PM ----------

I actually planned to post this thread a week or two ago, so as you can tell, it obviously took me a while to think of my top 5 too lol.

Look forward to seeing yours though mate. :)

^^^ yeah its pretty tough with so many cool one's out there. I posted mine above.

1. Nathan Drake
2. Kratos
3. Ezio Auditore da Firenze
4. Ratchet
5. Cole MacGrath

^^^ hey we have the same #1! I was making my post while you posted yours and we turned out to have the same #1!

Awesome lists guys!

Looking at everyone's chosen characters from a range of different consoles has made me realise that all my choices are from games I played on the Playstation lol. I think I was probably too young to fully appreciate legends like Sonic and Mario etc, even though I have tons of childhood memories playing those type of games.

Totally forgot about Street Fighter as well... which then led to me remembering Tekken! Now I'm wanting to redo my list. :p

Awesome lists guys!

Looking at everyone's chosen characters from a range of different consoles has made me realise that all my choices are from games I played on the Playstation lol. I think I was probably too young to fully appreciate legends like Sonic and Mario etc, even though I have tons of childhood memories playing those type of games.

Totally forgot about Street Fighter as well... which then led to me remembering Tekken! Now I'm wanting to redo my list. :p

yeah its easy to forget the old stuff now. I played the sh1t out of Mario, Sonic the Hedgehog and Donkey Kong when I was a kid, lol.

And who can forget Yoshi! Too many fun characters from when I was a child but honestly they just can't compete with whats out their today. The characters from the past decade and current are just sick.

Reactions: Noodles
5. David Banner - Def Jam Fight 4 NY
FavCh5.jpg

4. Bo Jackson - Tecmo Bowl
FavCh4.jpg

3. General Raam - Gears of War
FavCh1.jpg

2. Mike Tyson - Mike Tyson's Punch Out!
FavCh1-1.jpg

1b. Kratos - God of War
FavCh11.jpg

1a. Akuma - Street Fighter
FavCAkuma.jpg

Honorable Mentions: Rodney Mullen (Pro Skater 2), Baraka (Mortal Kombat II), Brock Lesnar (Here Comes the Pain), Michael Vick (Madden 04), Altair (Assassin's Creed), Leon Kennedy (Resident Evil 2), Quentin "Rampage" Jackson (UFC 09), Nemesis (Resident Evil 2 Scenario B)
FavCh100.jpg
RM11.jpg
FavCLeon11.jpg
FavCVick11.jpg
FavCBrock1101.jpg
FavCBaraka11.jpg

Last edited:
How could I forget about Sackboy?! I have a figure of him sitting right next to my laptop... not to sound gay or anything, but he instantly cheers me up whenever I look at him. :D

Great lists everyone! :)