Your Top 5 Game Characters

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Title says it all... who are your top 5 favourite game characters?

They can be from any game, on any console/platform, from any year. As long as they're an actual in-game character, then it counts! So robots, aliens, animals etc are allowed, but they have to have played a fairly major role in the game. So please, no "random cat I owned in The Sims" or anything daft like that. :rolleyes:

My Top 5:

5. Agent 47 (Hitman)
For his badassery and interesting backstory.

4. Lara Croft (Tomb Raider)
For being not only one of the most iconic female characters ever, but one of the most iconic characters full stop!

3. Niko Bellic (GTA:IV)
For his witty sense of humour and genius comebacks.

2. Abe (Oddworld)
For farting at the press of a button... it's as simple as that. Oh, and his quirky voice is wicked too.

1. John Marston (Red Dead Redemption) & Scott Shelby (Heavy Rain)
For being cool, kick-ass guys with a heart. No game storyline has ever gripped and shocked me as much as these two characters'.

So, yeah... I kind of cheated on the last one. But I figured I liked them both for pretty much the same reasons, so that makes it alright as far as I'm concerned. :D

Attachments

• gaming.jpeg
    gaming.jpeg
    106.2 KB · Views: 256
It's an easy Top 5 for me...

5) JOHNNY CAGE (Mortal Kombat)
5616-135126367.jpg

4) K.K. SLIDER (Animal Crossing)
NintendoKK+Slider+AnimalCrossing_Totakeke_640.jpg

3) KRATOS (God of War)
898189-kratoscomiccover_large.jpg

2) NATHAN DRAKE (Uncharted)
373px-Nathan_Drake_U2.jpg

1) SOLID SNAKE/BIG BOSS (Metal Gear Solid)
SolidSnake.jpg

I also love Nathan & Snake's beautiful ladies, ELENA FISHER and MERYL SILVERBURGH! ;)

Elena_Fisher.jpg

img0015a.png

Last edited by a moderator:
The weird thing is that most members who posted their favorites were based from consoles of the new generation.

I may have one on my list but my Top Three established a Benchmark for "Premier Brand / Pop Culture" Status in the Video Game Realm

5. Kratos
4. Lara Croft
3. Donkey Kong
2. Pac-Man
1. Mario (of Super Mario Brothers)

Reactions: Noodles
The weird thing is that most members who posted their favorites were based from consoles of the new generation.

I may have one on my list but my Top Three established a Benchmark for "Premier Brand / Pop Culture" Status in the Video Game Realm
I think it's probably due to the fact that characters tend to be given more of a personality now, therefore making them even more likeable. While I can agree that games like Pac-Man had a big impact on gaming, he didn't really have much character.

Great list though mate! I'm really enjoying seeing new top 5's being added... there's some really interesting choices. :)

Reactions: tridon
I think it's probably due to the fact that characters tend to be given more of a personality now, therefore making them even more likeable. While I can agree that games like Pac-Man had a big impact on gaming, he didn't really have much character.

I completely agree. While I played the Metal Gear games on the NES, I never truly cared about Solid Snake until he was given a voice in Metal Gear Solid. It's easier for me to connect to a character when they have an actual personality.

Reactions: Noodles
^^^ Man, awesome revival of this thread everyone. I love this thread, lol. Although not that many people have posted lists Im already surprised at the lack of Masterchief in the lists. I really thought people were hard-core in love with that character.

As for the talk about lack of love for "historic" video game characters... I have to agree with everyone here they just lacked the ability to give those characters any personality, an extra dimension the audience can connect with, etc. I just finished playing Red Dead Redemption a month or so back and I would probably revise my list to have John Marston in it because he was such a cool character.

Last edited:
Reactions: tridon and Noodles

Great list though mate! I'm really enjoying seeing new top 5's being added... there's some really interesting choices. :)

As for the talk about lack of love for "historic" video game characters... I have to agree with everyone here they just lacked the ability to give those characters any personality, an extra dimension the audience can connect with, etc. I just finished playing Red Dead Redemption a month or so back and I would probably revise my list to have John Marston in it because he was such a cool character.

Pacman''s personality

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jbMe6g471I

Last edited by a moderator:
NUMBER 1

Adam Jensen for me Square Enix Deus Ex Human revolution loving so much creeping out from a air vent then letting rip with a double take down :D.

NUMBER 2
Albert Wesker Resident Evil 5 I just could see his point slightly :p.

NUMBER 3
Lego's Harry Potter tied with Batman I have a huge thing for Lego games and find them both brilliant EEK!.

NUMBER 4
Jake Muller Fantastic addition to the Resedent Evil family :twisted:.

NUMBER 5
Ratchet from the ratchet and clank series the Pork Chop Gun did it for me :hilarious:.

NATHAN DRAKE (UNCHARTED)
Gotta be one of the funniest characters ever! For being cocky and making stuff up as he goes along! We need a movie with Nathan Fillion!

This one is okey!

I see some really great top 5's have been added recently... makes me want to expand my list to a top 10 or even a top 20. :p

NATHAN DRAKE (UNCHARTED)
Gotta be one of the funniest characters ever! For being cocky and making stuff up as he goes along! We need a movie with Nathan Fillion!

This one is okey!
I think you might have forgot to add the other 4 from your list mate...

My top 5 game characters are as follow:

Law
Lee
Paul
King
Jin

All of these are from "Tekken 3" my favorite childhood game, want to play again and again.
Great game! I remember spending many hours on it when I was younger... not that I owned the game myself, but I used to go around to a friend's house and we'd spend the entire day playing it. Eddy was my personal favourite. :D