Zack Snyder's Justice League (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 39) [Hong Kong]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: March 28 April 29 (TBC) (Box Set and Individual Editions) - April 29 May 27, 2022 (TBC) (Motherboxes) READ THIS
Purchase links: Box Set - Full Slip - Lenti - Double Lenti - Motherbox HU - Motherbox AM - Motherbox AT (Pre-order January 28, at 8 PM - Hong Kong time) Check your local time HERE
Price: $184.97 (Box Set) - $56.99 (Full Slip) - $57.99 (Lenti - Double Lenti) - $139.99 (Motherboxes)
Group buy: Hosted by Aniv Box Set - Full Slip - Lenti - Double Lenti - Motherbox HU - Motherbox AM - Motherbox AT

Notes:
WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Debossed Title".
Box Set: 500 Sets, Numbered 1-500. Scratch Resistance Coating, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Spot Foil, Embossing.
Full Slip: 850 copies, Numbered 1-850. Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Spot Foil, Embossing.
Lenti: 850 copies, Numbered 1-850. 3D Lenticular, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Spot Foil, Embossing.
Double Lenti: 800 copies, Numbered 1-800. 3D+Flip Lenticular x 2, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Spot Foil, Embossing.
Motherboxes: Resin box with removable lid & made by high-end figure manufacturer.
HU: 500 copies, Numbered 1-500. Steelbook Stand: Resin stand with velvet interior. Rubber patches on the bottom of stand for stability. Premiums: Zack Synder's Tin case with sticker, JL Metal pin, JL Flag, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker, Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker, Tip On.
AM: 500 copies, Numbered 1-500. Metal Pin: Worn metal pins with each JL member's symbol with Darkseid's symbol. Premiums: Zack Synder's Tin case with metallic sticker, JL Metal pins, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker, Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker, Tip On.
AT: 500 copies, Numbered 1-500. Metal Pin: Worn metal pin with each JL logo. Flag: Fabric flag with JL logo heat transfer printed Approx 44cm x 56cm in size. Premiums: Zack Synder's Tin case with sticker, JL Metal pin, JL Flag, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker, Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker, Tip On.
Premiums: Booklet, Postcards, Character Cards, Envelope, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker, Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker, Tip On.

ZSJL_OC_new_5000x.jpgzsJL_overall_FS_5000x.jpg.jpegzsJL_overall_LS_5000x.jpg.jpegzsJL_overall_DLS_5000x.jpg.jpegZSJL_overall_human_5000x.jpg.jpegZSJL_overall_amazonian_v2_5000x.jpgZSJL_overall_atlantean_5000x.jpg.jpeg

Last edited:
for sure there’s not much in it but yes more is more and less is less with 4:3 >>>> for shots like these

View attachment 498579

518,400 black pixels vs 541,440 black pixels
Agreed, there's a little difference, but it'll probably be negligible in practice while viewing. I'll probably experiment with a 16:9 screen stretch to some degree when I get a copy of this.
I think a full stretch to fit will be too jarring and fat faced, like watching older 4:3 tv shows stretched on cable tv, Some degree may be acceptable to my eyes to fill a bit more space.

Face it, the director is trying to be weird and unique, he isn't doing it in 4:3 because there's a minute amount of more or less black bars framing the picture.

#ReleaseTheSnyderCutInWideScreen

@willbar84 dust that old VCR, the Znyder cut is being released on VHS.
evil smile GIF

For filming in IMAX AR :confused: has nothing to do with more or less black bars it’s so we get the full picture in glorious tunnel vision :naughty:

1613748227727.gif

If you can't see the post:

Zack Snyder’s Justice League will be available worldwide in all markets on the same day as in the U.S. on March 18th via on-demand, digital download, linear, or streaming. Platform availability will depend on each territory (with the exception of China, France, and Japan, where the release dates are TBD). Additional details for specific markets will be shared soon.

Since when have people had a problem with the IMAX aspect ratio. The last film I got the chance to watch in IMAX was Avengers: Endgame and the entire movie was in this exact same aspect ratio.

We get more footage in this aspect ratio

Since when have people had a problem with the IMAX aspect ratio. The last film I got the chance to watch in IMAX was Avengers: Endgame and the entire movie was in this exact same aspect ratio.

We get more footage in this aspect ratio
I think the main issue is that there's a misconception that IMAX ratio corresponds to a "full screen" i.e 1.78.1 at home. This may be the case for imax ratio switching blurays such as marvel 3D discs and Christopher Nolan films etc.. This is because they're specifically cropped to fit a typical home theater. True imax ratio is actually 1.43.1 though, which is a fair bit taller than 16:9 tv screens, and would lead to noticeable "black bars" in order to be displayed uncropped. This is what's happening here and the fact that the film is not being adapted with home cinema in mind, is what will likely lead to controversy amongst joe public.

Last edited:
I think the main issue is that there's a misconception that IMAX ratio corresponds to a "full screen" i.e 1.78.1 at home. This may be the case for imax ratio switching blurays such as marvel 3D discs and Christopher Nolan films etc.. This is because they're specifically cropped to fit a typical home theater. True imax ratio is actually 1.43.1 though, which is a fair bit taller than 16:9 tv screens, and would lead to noticeable "black bars" in order to be displayed uncropped. This is what's happening here and the fact that the film is not being adapted with home cinema in mind, is what will likely lead to controversy amongst joe public.
This is correct which is why we are all a little nervous lol

It’s really not that hard of a concept to understand Nolan shoots in IMAX but then crops to 16:9 on Blu’s so we aren’t even close to getting the full picture where with ZSJL we are getting full IMAX resolution and all. Once again for the people in the back

56F1A2F9-412D-4100-BB49-DC4EFAFE7F95.jpeg

Reactions: CollectorEmtee