Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: May 24, 2021
Purchase link: HMV
Price: £29.99
Notes: Includes two 4K discs only

HMV Justice League.jpg

ezgif-7-0193427227f6.jpg HMV justice league image.jpg HMV Justice league inside.jpg

Last edited:
UK
The 4K UHD and Blu-ray are separate releases

There is amaray releases with slipcover available from all UK retailers
4K UHD edition (2 UHD Discs)
Blu-ray edition (2 Blu-ray Discs)

The steelbook is a HMV exclusive
4K UHD only (2 Discs)

If you want a release with Blu-ray you need to purchase the Blu-ray amaray edition

If there is plans for a Blu-ray steelbook It's not known yet

I was actually surprised that HMV got the exclusive alone. WW84 and Birds Of Prey had more than 1 design, I was expecting this to be the same

UK
The 4K UHD and Blu-ray are separate releases

There is amaray releases with slipcover available from all UK retailers
4K UHD edition (2 UHD Discs)
Blu-ray edition (2 Blu-ray Discs)

The steelbook is a HMV exclusive
4K UHD only (2 Discs)

If you want a release with Blu-ray you need to purchase the Blu-ray amaray edition

If there is plans for a Blu-ray steelbook It's not known yet
I know that paul, but it honestly wouldn't surprise me if the steelbook was both 4k and bluray. Hmv listings seem to state 2 discs by default, even when they're more.

Pacific rim 2 or jurassic word 2 for example, both were 3 discs and included 3D, whereas hmv mentioned neither. We'll have to see.

The fact that french and German steels are 4 discs does point towards that though in my opinion.

I was actually surprised that HMV got the exclusive alone. WW84 and Birds Of Prey had more than 1 design, I was expecting this to be the same
Unfortunately, I wasn't. It isn't a DCU release, so I'm honestly expecting just the one WWA. I'd love to be wrong though, as this design is absolute sh*t.

Reactions: psychoscot
I know that paul, but it honestly wouldn't surprise me if the steelbook was both 4k and bluray. Hmv listings seem to state 2 discs by default, even when they're more.

Pacific rim 2 or jurassic word 2 for example, both were 3 discs and included 3D, whereas hmv mentioned neither. We'll have to see.

The fact that french and German steels are 4 discs does point towards that though in my opinion.
All the UK/Ireland retailers have 4K edition listed as UHD only

If that is to change yes possible but at the moment no info it will be

All the UK/Ireland retailers have 4K edition listed as UHD only

If that is to change yes possible but at the moment no info it will be
The 4K amaray, yes, it probably will just be 4K. The steelbook though, given the EU listings, I'd be a bit more surprised.

The 4K amaray, yes, it probably will just be 4K. The steelbook though, given the EU listings, I'd be a bit more surprised.
I expect Warner UK to take advantage of the popularity of this film by doing more editions later this year or next year

The Black and White version or gray version as it's known is going to be shown on HBO max and I expect also on Sky so you can expect more home media releases

I expect Warner UK to take advantage of the popularity of this film by doing more editions later this year or next year

The Black and White version or gray version as it's known is going to be shown on HBO max and I expect also on Sky so you can expect more home media releases
I'll agree on that. They'll surely monopolise on the "justice is grey" edition here in the UK as well later down the line.

Reactions: psychoscot
Forgive me y'all, I said German folks would've had discs made only for their country, actually there is German, 4K discs are identical, they made only 2 glass masters

So we reckon there's no hope for an Amazon released steelbook then, further down the line?

I'm really hoping for an everything blu one day

Also, this may just be me being slow, but if the format says "4K ultra HD blu ray", do that not imply there may be a blu ray included? Or is 4K a type of blu ray?

Also, this may just be me being slow, but if the format says "4K ultra HD blu ray", do that not imply there may be a blu ray included? Or is 4K a type of blu ray?
It's listed as 4k bluray and "2 discs" by hmv, who are regularly wrong. It'll either be x2 4k blurays or x2 4k blurays and x2 1080p blurays, we'll have to wait for it to be in hand to confirm.

So we reckon there's no hope for an Amazon released steelbook then, further down the line?

I'm really hoping for an everything blu one day
No, it'd be announced by now if there were. Amazon very rarely get re-releases either, especially not from WB. If this does get another UK release (next year etc..) it'll probably be via zavvi.

Or is 4K a type of blu ray?

Correct. To keep it simple: it’s a type of blu-ray, the 4K disc itself has a higher storage capacity than the regular blu-ray disc, which means more space for higher resolution files, audio and so on…

its 2 seperate releases. 4k only or bluray only. no 4 disc sets
Amarays, yes. Steelbook, not confirmed. Both the french and German 4k Steelbooks have 4 discs, so the UK would be the odd one out in that respect. If hmv had the faintest idea of what they were actually selling half the time, I'd wager this steelbook would already be listed as a 4 disc set.