Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: May 24, 2021
Purchase link: HMV
Price: £29.99
Notes: Includes two 4K discs only

HMV Justice League.jpg

ezgif-7-0193427227f6.jpg HMV justice league image.jpg HMV Justice league inside.jpg

Last edited:
Yes but if you collect an item then you buy that item however it is surely? People dont buy paintings and then go "I dont like that bit I'm gonna paint over it".
Like I said. I'm not saying it's wrong. Just don't get it personally.
The premium argument is totally different. People don't buy a premium and go and change the slips or anything. Thats collecting. Buying an item whatever you think of it.
Why wouldn't you extend the argument to premiums? "Why would somebody buy a steelbook just to cover it with slipcovers?"
many people love the premiums because they have great slipcover art that covers up mediocre steelbook art.
steelbooks are about more than just the cover art, imo. It's the format and and the whole package.

By putting a magnet on the steelbook I am effectively CHANGING the steelbook art while retaining the format.
yes, there are a few great customs guys out there - but there is a big difference between spending $15 on a lenti magnet and $150+ on a custom steelbook.
Last custom i ordered was £25! so money wise £25 +£15/£20 for discs is close to same cost as lenti magnet and steelbook.
Not saying there is a right or wrong. Just something that personally I dont really understand, especially as i expect 99% of those steelbooks end up side on when put on shelves so you don't see front art anyway :shipped:

Last custom i ordered was £25! so money wise £25 +£15/£20 for discs is close to same cost as lenti magnet and steelbook.
Not saying there is a right or wrong. Just something that personally I dont really understand, especially as i expect 99% of those steelbooks end up side on when put on shelves so you don't see front art anyway :shipped:
Customs usually will be around $60+, and much more if it is specifically commissioned. Unless you commision it - you are at the whim of what is available....
there are many people, myself included, that display our steelbooks. I have an entire wall that is a display.

Customs usually will be around $60+, and much more if it is specifically commissioned. Unless you commision it - you are at the whim of what is available....
there are many people, myself included, that display our steelbooks. I have an entire wall that is a display.
Like I said. Last custom I paid £25 for.
If you display them and wanna change the front then fine a Magnet works if thats your thing. But I know people that buy magnets and then put them on steels on a shelf so it's not visible anyway.
Either way. No right or Wrong. I display alot of my steels. But I just display the ones I like. Don't personally see the need to buy magnets.

I have the entire DCEU in steelbooks hence why i continue to buy the steels, So a custom steelbook would be £100+ and a steelbook magnet is £6. Not really much to debate there tbh.

Reactions: jc2ssych
I also had payment taken
A bit unusual for HMV to take payment 9 days before release date hopefully they got stock delivery early and ship next week
Usually HMV take payment on the Wed before release date with dispatch on the Thur/Fri

Or HMV have decided start doing a Zavvi :rofl: and take payment early but not ship until usual Friday before release date

• Haha
Reactions: Stygian
I can’t believe this hasn’t got a release date for the USA? I’ve read it could be because they don’t think they can meet demand, or that maybe it’s WB making some very odd decisions.

I can’t believe this hasn’t got a release date for the USA? I’ve read it could be because they don’t think they can meet demand, or that maybe it’s WB making some very odd decisions.
I think that MAYBE, they thought they already have in US (and ONLY in US) a means to "deliver" the movie without intermediators (yes, I am referring to HBO Max) and which SURELY bring them much more money than a physical medium, which is sold only once to "some" people, compared with monthly fees from MUCH more people, that for sure will remain "hooked" even after watching this sole movie; therefore, maybe was a good idea to prepare the "physical" medium for the rest of the planet, where they don't have HBO Max...
Just a thought, hope it give you some ideas or maybe alo some sort of "explanation"... ;)

I think its more Warner US being assholes. They expected it to be a flop and it was a massive success, they also keep stating Josstice League is their canon so they wont want to release it because of that. Every other International division of Warner has embraced the Snyder cut as a big success except Warner US. Its a classic case of cutting their nose off to spite their face.

USA physical disc release will happen later this year

The USA 4K and Blu-ray will have both the Colour and Black and White Versions

You can also be sure warner in UK and Europe will release the black and white version at some stage this year or next year

Reactions: Felix_ro
I think its more Warner US being assholes. They expected it to be a flop and it was a massive success, they also keep stating Josstice League is their canon so they wont want to release it because of that. Every other International division of Warner has embraced the Snyder cut as a big success except Warner US. Its a classic case of cutting their nose off to spite their face.
Warner knew this release was going to be a massive hit even before it was shown on HBO Max :rofl:

The rights in USA are with HBO max this is why a USA home media physical disc release not happening same time as other countries
HBO Max have control as to when Warner can release this in USA on 4K UHD or Blu-ray or DVD

If you not aware HBO Max, HBO has 44.2 Million Subscribers just in USA alone
They have 63.9 million worldwide subscribers.

USA will be getiing a 4K and Blu-ray release later this year and is expected to have both colour and black and white versions

Warner knew this release was going to be a massive hit even before it was shown on HBO Max :rofl:

The rights in USA are with HBO max this is why a USA home media physical disc release not happening same time as other countries
HBO Max have control as to when Warner can release this in USA on 4K UHD or Blu-ray or DVD

If you not aware HBO Max, HBO has 44.2 Million Subscribers just in USA alone
They have 63.9 million worldwide subscribers.

USA will be getiing a 4K and Blu-ray release later this year and is expected to have both colour and black and white versions
Thanks Paul, I did read on The Digital Bits it would possibly be released under the Warner Archive label.
They cited a possible reason could be they did not think they could meet demand?
Although WB don’t seem to have the best relationship with Zack.

USA physical disc release will happen later this year

The USA 4K and Blu-ray will have both the Colour and Black and White Versions

You can also be sure warner in UK and Europe will release the black and white version at some stage this year or next year

Never mind a black and white version, I’d prefer a widescreen edition that eliminates the black bars on the side of the screen.

I’m all for a fuller (director intended) image, but I find this particular Imax presentation just holds a lot of negative space top and bottom.