Zack Snyder's Justice League (Possible Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. ?) [Hong Kong]

DMD4k

QuoteMaster (TM)
Premium Supporter
Mar 12, 2018
Spain
damn right walter white GIF by Breaking Bad

CollectorEmtee

NolanNinja
Premium Supporter
Felt like a bit unusual ratio for this kind of film, but I understand why he wants to do it that way. He is even remaking BvS in that format.

It will take a bit more getting used to, but I had no problem with it in The Lighthouse (and also few other films) so I guess no issue here (for me at least).

Feb 24, 2018
Australia
Wow hope these “arm chair experts” are stretching before their reach :rofl: Zack always had intentions for his JL to be watched as intended on an IMAX screen with a format of 1.43:1 back in 2017 so that is why it was shot with full frame of 4:3 AR in mind for final presentation so there’s a fluid transition between the two aspect ratios for theatrical release and home release. The reason behind this is he loved the results when he first trialled in it in BvS with the Intro and Knightmare scenes which is getting re-released on 4K Blu next month with the 4:3 AR scenes intact. Zack is a Visual Storyteller where style is substance with everything having a purpose in the story he is telling, so the answer is quite simple as why he chose to present ZSJL in a 4:3 AR format. He has confirmed he wanted this film to feel like a comic book coming to life where by using the advantages of the height of 4:3 for the image composition (which is like an additional of up to 40% of imagery that would otherwise be cropped) to make it feel more like a comic book panel as they don’t show action left to right but top to bottom so come the end of the day, which Zack has said on numerous occasions ZSJL has no compromises and this is his full 100% vision as intended.

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2020
That wouldn't look bad on a steel, with better title placement and font anyway. Better than the simular overly photo-shopped mess of a poster for the theatrical that was on the front of the hdz steel and rear of ML DL.

Jul 22, 2020
batman looks so strange on this poster
Can you honestly find a JL poster where batman doesn't look strange? Or any of the team for that matter. That's why I had such a hard time buying an edition that worked for me. The posters on the ML steel are about the only decent one imo.

TheCollector86

it wasn't me!
Premium Supporter
Apr 14, 2012
Earth
Can you honestly find a JL poster where batman doesn't look strange? Or any of the team for that matter. That's why I had such a hard time buying an edition that worked for me. The posters on the ML steel are about the only decent one imo.
the artwork manta lab used for the steelbook