Zavvi launches collector wood Steelbook frames

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
INTRODUCING STEELBOOK FRAMES

Got a holy grail in your Steelbook collection? Why not display your precious Steelbook in the best way possible inside one of our beautiful Wooden 2D Collectors Frame. With a stylish Black inlay this is the perfect way to display your most prized Zavvi Exclusives.

Shop here

Offer - £9.99 when bought with any Steelbook.
frame1.jpg
frame2.jpg

Cool idea . . . if you've got the wall space (counts me out as I personally don't have a spare inch of wall space)
upload_2018-2-21_22-27-2.png

Thinking that another option could be explored - namely, a wider frame / cut-out to seat open steelbooks . . . as we all know the vast majority of steelbooks nowadays have art on the back as well as on the front and some even have wraparound designs which would look very special in this display.
Pretty metal butterflies (lol).

Only difference between the 2D and 3D frames is obvious:-
upload_2018-2-21_22-40-26.png
upload_2018-2-21_22-41-25.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Certainly a step-up from the bit primitive older style where you have two magnets behind each steelbook with a black felt liner backing.
upload_2018-2-21_22-23-14.png

upload_2018-2-21_22-16-1.png
upload_2018-2-21_22-20-2.png

Last edited:
I would love to have a few of those to display my favorite steelbooks better. But not sure the wife shares my enthusiasm :D

My exact same thought! I listen to her every month, my living room is full of movies , posters, music and die cast cars. Gotta move into a bigger house...

It's called Mosslanda, it costs 4,99€ for the 55cm version, and 9,99€ for the 115cm version. :cigar:

Bargain I’ve just moved house and now have enough room for my own man cave I’ve decked it out with black billy bookcases but I picked them all up on Facebook sell it pages for bargain prices around £10 each

I like the idea, but being fairly new to steelbook collecting (albeit we have over 317! lol) it would be a bit much to mount them all, obviously wouldn't but them all in. But think I still like the idea of what we have done already with a shelving unit and glass cabinet.

Yes, not a new idea these individual steelbook frames . . . saw very similar about a year ago only glazed instead of open (don't know if still available though)

OLD MODEL
The blurb:-"What size Steelbook does this frame fit?
Our frames are designed to fit the standard sized Steelbook. 171mm(L) 136mm (W) 16mm (D). They’ll even fit lenticular Steelbooks with J-cards.

How are Steelbooks held in the frame?
No need for sticky tape! All our frames are fitted with an inner foam-core lining. Steelbooks fit snugly into place and are held by a secure pressure fit.

Does the frame come with glass?
They sure do. All our frames are fitted with real glass. We don’t use acrylic (plastic) glass as it scratches too easily.

Can this frame be wall mounted?
Absolutely! Our frames have a saw tooth mount fitted to the backplate. They are also chunky enough to sit on a flat surface.
Untitled_design.png
upload_2018-2-23_23-35-33.png

• Semi-matte Black Moulding
  • Brilliant White Mount
  • White Foam-core Lining / Insert
  • Glazed Window
  • Backing Board & Wall Mount
We also have a Double Pack. Check out our other items."

PLUSES
- Potential for a nice colourful wall-mounted display group
- Frees up shelf space which could otherwise be used for rows of steelbooks etc.
- Frees up furniture tops from those dust trap steelbook stands
- Great special occasion gift idea for that special partner
- Deep frame minimises dust collecting on steelbooks

POSSIBILES?
- Different frame colour options . . . apart from black . . . as it stands, brings to mind the famous Henry Ford quote about his Model T motor which went something like "You can have any colour you like . . . as long as it's black"
- Different mount colour options . . . apart from black and white

NEGATIVES
- Cost
- Steelbook access compared to the more ergonomic alternatives out there

Am I the only one who thinks this whole concept is kind of cheesy? Like sticking your favourite records all over the wall or having copies of your favourite books displayed in mounts. I love steelbooks, but framing them....?

I think it’s a bit of a money spinner if I’m honest, it’s quite expensive and who only has a couple of steelbooks to display, most collectors have loads and not enough wall space!

I would prefer if Zavvi sold steelbook protectors like steelbookcentral sell

I can't see these steelbook frames selling well as your not going to get steelbook collectors purchasing in bulk
Price also needs to be about £5.00 on it's own without the need to purchase with a steelbook

If they have a large quantity of these they will end up with a big price drop
There is only so many you can display on a wall and some collectors have a huge amount of steelbooks in their collection