Zavvi launches collector wood Steelbook frames

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
INTRODUCING STEELBOOK FRAMES

Got a holy grail in your Steelbook collection? Why not display your precious Steelbook in the best way possible inside one of our beautiful Wooden 2D Collectors Frame. With a stylish Black inlay this is the perfect way to display your most prized Zavvi Exclusives.

Shop here

Offer - £9.99 when bought with any Steelbook.
frame1.jpg
frame2.jpg

That looks cool how are you hanging them?
$3 Poster strips
They are pretty heavy duty. Two small strips can hold a single bare steelbook (with discs but no goodies). And i use 4 small strips for premium slips with goodies. There are also medium and large strips which i havent tried yet. But i would recommend it if you are trying to hang FAC or HDz releases since they tend to be on the heavier side (or any heavy release for that matter).

Saw these awesome pics of @moon but I noticed a well known issue of cheapy frames:

frame02_6.jpg

Is it me or is veneer looking cheaper and thinner per year?

Opening joints nothing to do with the veneer and can be a problem with economy frames.
Don't even look at the back (lol) . . .
upload_2018-3-3_14-17-13.png
upload_2018-3-3_14-18-20.png

. . . and just take out the trusty black Sharpie

• Thanks
Reactions: cooey
Unprotected & unsafe.
??
Yes, maybe if you live in an earthquake zone . . .

Framed so not unprotected from dust, UV rays etc.
Unsafe? Not at all. Rows of frames touching / supporting each other so no movement either lateral or vertical.

Steelbook wall has got to be the perfect way to display one's favourite steelbooks . . . as a print wall is to display some of my matching prints (#55).

??

Unsafe? Not at all. Rows of frames touching / supporting each other so no movement either lateral or vertical.

Steelbook wall has got to be the perfect way to display one's favourite steelbooks . . . as a print wall is to display some of my matching prints (#55).

I think he meant the contents of the pic you put up not your suggestion of the same but framed. Well that's how I read it anyways. :dunno:
I was also wondering how the person that had them on a wall without sleeves put them up.

• Thanks
Reactions: AlienKing
Now this is what I'd do if I had a free wall . . . only framed and touching:-
25018027_178581586064656_7432327501411516416_n.jpg
I don't know, I kind of feel like this is a way to make your home look like Walmart. I like steelbooks, and I like screenprints, But one is not interchangeable with the other.

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
??

Like @Jhadur said, i meant the content of the picture. Not your statement. Sorry for the misunderstanding :)
I'm too paranoid to put up steels on the wall without any protection.

• Thanks
Reactions: Jhadur