Zero Dark Thirty (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

Pieter V

Rise!
Premium Supporter
Oct 3, 2011
Netherlands
Price: {param} $22.99 (release week ONLY)
Release date: March 19th 2013
Notes: Confirmed debossed border with embossed title, hyper-glossy finish!
Purchase link: ZERO DARK THIRTY SOLD OUT
Group Buy: Click here for International (CLOSED)

Region A

zerodarkthirty.jpg

Embossing highlights courtesy of urbeenjammin:
ZD30.jpg

Actual pics: (Thanks to RobertJoseph17)
20130318_180812_zps0ff92cf3.jpg

ZD30-actual-2.jpg

ZD30-actual-3.jpg

ZD30-actual-4.jpg

ZD30-actual-5.jpg

20130318_181446_zpsffcedb92.jpg
Old infos:
Actual pictures courtesy of HDN member mlopez:
attachment.php

zd30-3.jpg

View attachment 28920
zd30-5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
True story: I had one of these sent to my friend in NY's apartment, but due to putting my name on it, they put a card through the door instead of delivering it. Only, they didn't put a card through the door, and we have no idea which post office it was returned to, and its never been sent back to Best Buy (who won't refund).

So somewhere in NY is one of these bad boys. I picked another up from the GB, thankfully.

Reactions: XXHAPPY GILMORE
Another true story:

At the day of release I had a friend from where I live visting New York. I had told him to stop by a BB store to look for some steelbooks for me. I had especially told him to pick some of this up.

He then came home with nothing. I asked him if they where sold out allready when he visited BB. No he told me, the had loads, atleast 25-30 copies. Well, why didn't you pick up 2-3 for me? Nah, they were region locked so I didn't think you wanted any. n00b!!!

Still, I got in on Andy's GB so I'm sorted. :LOL:

This is a funny thread -

Such gorgeous rare piece of Gem at Best Buy got ridiculed with Negativity because of one thing - Region Locked? Really?

Anyhows, for 2013 I can truly say this release is by far the best North American Steelbook Release this year and given how fast it got sold out... Definitely a Gem!

P.S. - Its not Region Locked for me (Because I live in USA :hilarious: )

I bought a couple when I was in New York. I went to all Best Buy's in NYC (except the Bronx's :p ), but couldn't find one. I returned for something else (U&S was going on, I planned on buying a few digibooks), and 3 were lying around... I picked them up (a hype around this steelbook was going on back then :p ), I believe it was $30 each + taxes.

I am keeping 1.

The value on this thing dropped pretty bad imo. I mean I'm sitting on 2 and was thinking about putting them on ebay and it isn't worth it I guess. I don't know what I'm going to do with really. It is a nice SB though.

I passed I'm this. Big mistake. Been looking if best buy somehow restock sit but it'll have to be eBay I guess. I don't know about giving over $40 for it though.

I don't know why, but US steelbooks are not really popular or known for some reason?
But this one is actually a great release, really nice glossy finish (best I've ever seen).

It feels good.

Yeah not sure as to why either. I mean it is pretty nice. I guess no one wants it. Oh well. :(

Give it time as the collector base grows, so will the appreciation of this beauty. Simply put, it has everything short of a slipcover demanded of a quality SteelBook today. Another reason is the surge of releases last year - probably missed by many collectors due to the infrequency of US releases.

Having said that, for a title with 2.5 times the production run of many releases today selling out within days of its release is very impressive but does not explain the apparent lack of interest in this. We will have to wait and see how much the Plain Archive release stir the desire for this one.

Last edited:
Give it time as the collector base grows, so will the appreciation of this beauty. Simply put, it has everything short of a slipcover demanded of a quality SteelBook today. Another reason is the surge of releases last year - probably missed by many collectors due to the infrequency of US releases.

Having said that, for a title with 2.5 times the production run of many releases today selling out within days of its release is very impressive but does not explain the apparent lack of interest in this. We will have to wait and see how much the Plain Archive release stir the desire for this one.

This is a great steelbook, definitely one of the best US releases ever. I think what has hurt it is that it is region A locked. Also I think it sold so well in the US not only because of how great it looks but also it was only like $2 more than the amaray on release day, also the content was such a huge event for Americans.