Zero Dark Thirty (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

Pieter V

Rise!
Premium Supporter
Oct 3, 2011
Netherlands
Price: {param} $22.99 (release week ONLY)
Release date: March 19th 2013
Notes: Confirmed debossed border with embossed title, hyper-glossy finish!
Purchase link: ZERO DARK THIRTY SOLD OUT
Group Buy: Click here for International (CLOSED)

Region A

zerodarkthirty.jpg

Embossing highlights courtesy of urbeenjammin:
ZD30.jpg

Actual pics: (Thanks to RobertJoseph17)
20130318_180812_zps0ff92cf3.jpg

ZD30-actual-2.jpg

ZD30-actual-3.jpg

ZD30-actual-4.jpg

ZD30-actual-5.jpg

20130318_181446_zpsffcedb92.jpg
Old infos:
Actual pictures courtesy of HDN member mlopez:
attachment.php

zd30-3.jpg

View attachment 28920
zd30-5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Show off :p

Very sweet tho! :hilarious::scat:

Just watched this again a few nights ago. I love holding this steelbook...One to play with and wear out:hilarious: and 2 to keep sealed :LOL:

Seriously tho whoever created the design (along with the look and feel) for this releases should be in charge of more US releases.... Just saying

Reactions: ash333
^ Show off :p

Very sweet tho! :hilarious::scat:

Just watched this again a few nights ago. I love holding this steelbook...One to play with and wear out:hilarious: and 2 to keep sealed :LOL:

Seriously tho whoever created the design (along with the look and feel) for this releases should be in charge of more US releases.... Just saying

Hey, that is why we spent all our hard earned cash on these babies so that we can show them off, no? :hilarious:

I agree with you completely - this is one steelbook that needs to be held in bare hands to feel the quality all around. The glossy finish feels like it was given two coats of it.

Hopefully the upcoming US steelbook releases will use this as the benchmark in terms of production quality, packaging, design and value.

Reactions: Xavier
After looking through this thread and watching a few YouTube unboxing videos of this steelbook, I'm very interested in this. I haven't seen this movie yet either. I know it was at least Oscar nominated for best picture. I have to be in the 'right' mood to watch war movies though, even though I like many of them.

Is this steelbook worth it for the steelbook alone? I'm sure I'd get around to eventually watching the movie, and I wouldn't be surprised if I liked it, but just curious. Sometimes a steelbook is nice to have just because it's a damn good steelbook. :)

After looking through this thread and watching a few YouTube unboxing videos of this steelbook, I'm very interested in this. I haven't seen this movie yet either. I know it was at least Oscar nominated for best picture. I have to be in the 'right' mood to watch war movies though, even though I like many of them.

Is this steelbook worth it for the steelbook alone? I'm sure I'd get around to eventually watching the movie, and I wouldn't be surprised if I liked it, but just curious. Sometimes a steelbook is nice to have just because it's a damn good steelbook. :)

This:D

This is why i own Act of Valor. To me, that movie was total garbage. However, the SB is one of the coolest, and definitely a great one to display along with The Hurt Locker, ZDT and Black Hawk Down. In ZDT's case, both the film itself and the SB are awesome. Honestly, if i were you; i'd jump on this while it can still be had for less than $50 new.

Sometimes a steelbook is nice to have just because it's a damn good steelbook. :)

Reactions: Jango and HeyTJB
I suspect this one is not getting any attention because it is not a Disney movie or a comic book superhero steelbook. But as mentioned above, it is a high quality SteelBook.

Anyone has a copy with the congo drum effect on the front cover? I have personally felt over 20 copies and never found one where the front cover bounces like the Act of Valor steel.

cheers townterrier, I never got round to getting a multi region player has i was happy with my 3D blu-ray player and PS3. And out of all my steelbooks I got/had from around the globe so far have been region free.

And there's nothing wrong with keeping it sealed, at one point i thought it was abit stupid to keep them sealed but each to ther own but after having afew of mine still sealed and how ther look better in the strink wrap compared to the steelbook sleeve's. I can now see why some members have open & sealed copies of steelbooks.

And what you fellas think of this steelbook? Nice pictures BTW huggy, especially that pic of the embossed title in hyper gloss finish :)

Last edited: