Zero Dark Thirty (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Plain Archive Exclusive No.4) [Korea]

What would you buy?

• 1. PET Full slip box with Steelbook

Votes: 87 35.5%
  • 2. Paper Full slip box with Steelbook

Votes: 56 22.9%
  • 3. Lenticular-PET 1/4 slip with Steelbook

Votes: 45 18.4%
  • 4. Paper Full slip box with Keepcase(Amaray)

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • 5. All 3 steelbook (Triple pack)

Votes: 55 22.4%
  • 6. All 3 steelbooks and 1 Amaray (Quad pack)

Votes: 53 21.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mar 21, 2013
South Korea
Release Date : April 28, 2015
Pre-order date: 19th of March, 2015
Price: See below
Notes: Gloss finish, inside artwork
Purchase links:

PET Full slip version $36.99 SOLD OUT
Paper Full slip version $36.50 SOLD OUT
Lenticular PET 1/4 slip version $35.70 SOLD OUT
Triple Pack $105 SOLD OUT
Quadruple Pack $136 SOLD OUT

Group buy: Masterblaster & apsmith21 (Anyone with THEIR OWN USA SHIPPING address may join)

ZDT_PET.jpg ZDT.jpg 14_SLIP_Front_5ad4e250-5c72-4d04-9fe3-b0e24f24839e.jpgZDT_SteelBook_Sample_9b43d79c-e01e-4c38-b1a5-7912d0f2fe15.jpg

11002706_652766588201160_2663997173328303815_o.jpg

11046842_652766624867823_5558799409461072916_o.jpg

906081_652768131534339_3841898098217042512_o.jpg

*** Rendered shot of Lenticular PET 1/4 slip
10986827_640036769474142_578801873961992022_n-1.png 10985269_640036772807475_3242625471074660206_n.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the one special thing that PET slip adds for a steelbook is the art you see through the slip is the steelbook.

It feels recently that we are slip/lenticular collectors as opposed to steelbook collectors. Since most premium releases have full slips. Sure, you can display both sides by side...but eventually you'll put that steel into the slip. I'm glad they came up with the PET slip idea.

This will be mine! Such an incredible film. The night effect had my jaw drop to the ground.
Kathryn Bigelow is a great director and she has some exciting stuff coming up. It was announced last year she is teaming up with Mark Boal (writer of Zero Dark Thirty) on a film about Bowe Bergdahl. Can't wait for that! :thumbs:

Reactions: harry
Don't know why.. but i got a feeling that this pre-order is going to be a god damn war.. :D think i'll have to get up early to get my hands on this :coffee:

IT GLOWS IN THE DARK!! :wacky::woot:
..sorry, had to be.. :LOL:

I dont care if the preorder is 4:00am in the morning, i will stay awake. I will not miss it and i have my fellow ninja @C.C. 95 to help me through it :coffee::LOL::rofl::LOL:

Now Plain show us the Full slip and the 1/4 slip. Can you imagine if the 1/4 slip also glows in the dark:wow:??

Plain are light years ahead of everyone else. For all Kimchi et al by and large do a great job, PA's exploits in blu ray media are revolutionary. It started with Melancholia, which was amazing, but since then they have constantly outdone themselves. I think this edition is Plain at it's peak, but if they continue on this trajectory, who knows what the future of their releases will bring? Exciting times for collectors indeed.

Plain are light years ahead of everyone else. For all Kimchi et al by and large do a great job, PA's exploits in blu ray media are revolutionary. It started with Melancholia, which was amazing, but since then they have constantly outdone themselves. I think this edition is Plain at it's peak, but if they continue on this trajectory, who knows what the future of their releases will bring? Exciting times for collectors indeed.
They were late to the game on steelbooks though. As great as Melancholia is, it's an amaray.
And, really, except for that and maybe I Saw The Devil and ZDT- they haven't released much that I dig. I love art house cinema- they just are choosing the ones I wouldn't. (Of course, subjective).

• Informative
Reactions: Man on 1Wire x 6 3

I think with Oldboy they will do their best work. Looking forward more Plain collections

Totally agree my friend....:thumbs:
It's also not just about Steelbooks. Their Amaray exclusives are spectacular as well, and a welcome addition to my collection....:happy::drool::notworthy:

Glad to have the variety from them.
Number 1 retailer for me without question...:cigar:

They were late to the game on steelbooks though. As great as Melancholia is, it's an amaray.
And, really, except for that and maybe I Saw The Devil and ZDT- they haven't released much that I dig. I love art house cinema- they just are choosing the ones I wouldn't. (Of course, subjective).

For me it isn't all about steel. Far from it. When you see what can be achieved with their paper slips alone, the rules get re-written. It's about their attention to detail across the whole edition, proven in their latest effort with Rust and Bone. This ZDT release is just off the scale though.

Totally agree my friend....:thumbs:
It's also not just about Steelbooks. Their Amaray exclusives are spectacular as well, and a welcome addition to my collection....:happy::drool::notworthy:

Glad to have the variety from them.
Number 1 retailer for me without question...:cigar:

Spot on mate. I love their amaray releases. They are right up there with the best steel releases for me.