Genre: Horror, Action, Comedy

Director: Ruben Fleischer

Cast: Jesse Eisenberg, Woody Harrelson, Emma Stone, Abigail Breslin

Release: 2019-10-31

Plot: Plot unknown

Reactions: AlienKing
$

From ComingSoon:

Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick, the screenwriting duo behind 2009’s comedy horror hit Zombieland, told Vulture that they are hoping for an October 2019 release date for Zombieland 2, the highly-anticipated sequel that has taken some time getting off the ground. Reese and Wernick also confirmed that the original Zombieland cast will be returning.

Wernick commented: “We’re going on the tenth anniversary of Zombieland. Zombieland came out October of 2009. We don’t know what you get someone for their tenth anniversary, but it may be a Zombieland 2… The hope is that we’re shooting that thing early 2019 for an October ’19 release. With the original cast, by the way.”

“We are sitting on information that we can’t entirely share at this moment, but we can just say we think fans of Zombieland who have been hoping for a Zombieland 2, that we will grant their wish very, very soon,” the writer added.

Set in a zombie post-apocalypse and filtered through a darkly comic lens, the original Zombieland hit theaters in 2009 and stars Jesse Eisenberg, Woody Harrelson, Emma Stone and Abigail Breslin as survivors attempting to outlast the living dead. The movie earned $102.4 million worldwide off a $23.6 million budget.

Since the original Zombieland hit theaters nearly 10 years ago, Reese and Wernick have been busy penning 2016’s Deadpool alongside co-writer and star Ryan Reynolds, Deadpool 2, Life, G.I Joe: Retaliation, the upcoming board-game adaptation of Clue as well as Michael Bay’s Six Underground. The two are also producers on Cowboy Ninja Viking, the graphic novel adaptation starring Chris Pratt and releasing in 2019.

It's a little too late for a sequel IMO. That being said, I look forward to seeing how it turns out!

It's a little too late for a sequel IMO. That being said, I look forward to seeing how it turns out!
agreed.

Though this is one of those rare movies that, in my opinion, doesnt warrant a sequel at all.

maybe a prequel TV show following the main character before he met the other 3 could have worked.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
agreed.

Though this is one of those rare movies that, in my opinion, doesnt warrant a sequel at all.

maybe a prequel TV show following the main character before he met the other 3 could have worked.
Didn't they attempt a TV show? Think it failed miserably if I remember correctly.

'Zombieland' Sequel a Go With Emma Stone, Woody Harrelson, Jesse Eisenberg, Abigail Breslin (Exclusive)
emma_stone_woody_harrelson_jesse_eisenberg_abigail_breslin_-split-getty-h_2018.jpg

Source: THR
It may have taken almost 10 years, but Zombieland is ready to open its doors again.

After fits and starts, Sony Pictures has reunited the cast of its 2009 surprise hit — including Emma Stone, Woody Harrelson, Jesse Eisenberg and Abigail Breslin — for Zombieland 2.

Ruben Fleischer, who helmed the original and is behind the studio’s Spider-Man-centric fall tentpole, Venom, is returning to the director’s chair.

Original Zombieland writers Paul Wernick and Rhett Reese, who have, in the intervening years, found success as the writers of the irreverent and successful Deadpool franchise, are also back, having penned the script for the sequel. Additionally, Gavin Polone is returning as producer.

While rumors of the sequel have risen from the dead several times over the years, this time Sony really means it. The film is set to begin production in January and will be released in October 2019, in time for the 10th anniversary of the original movie.

• Thanks
Reactions: Drum18 and Flloydo
Rueben Fleischer Says Zombieland Sequel Begins Production in January

via ComingSoon

Zombie-768x432.jpg

In an interview with Fandango to talk about his upcoming movie Venom, director Rueben Fleischer revealed the plans behind the long-awaited sequel to 2009’s horror/comedy Zombieland.

I’m thrilled,” said Fleischer about the upcoming Zombieland 2. “We’re already actually starting Zombieland. I’ve been scouting and storyboarding and getting it going, and to get to work with that cast again is just an absolute dream come true. It’s been really exciting starting to think about that movie, and to get to work with Emma, Jesse, Woody and Abigail once again is truly a dream come true. Yeah, we’re just at the very early stages, but we have an amazing script, and we’re going to start shooting in Georgia in January.

While the movie will start filming early next year, Fleischer’s answer also confirms the report that the film’s four stars will all be reprising their roles. When asked if there would be more zombies, Fleischer implied it’s certainly a possibility, adding that “It’s been 10 years, so who knows what the world will look like at this point?

Set in a zombie post-apocalypse and filtered through a darkly comic lens, the original Zombieland hit theaters in 2009 and stars Jesse Eisenberg, Woody Harrelson, Emma Stone and Abigail Breslin as survivors attempting to outlast the living dead. The movie earned $102.4 million worldwide off a $23.6 million budget.

Since the original Zombieland hit theaters nearly 10 years ago, Reese and Wernick have been busy penning 2016’s Deadpool alongside co-writer and star Ryan Reynolds, Deadpool 2, Life, G.I Joe: Retaliation, the upcoming board-game adaptation of Clue as well as Michael Bay’s Six Underground. The two are also producers on Cowboy Ninja Viking, the graphic novel adaptation starring Chris Pratt and releasing in 2019.

Hmmm. I love the first film but I’m not 100% on this

Im 100% gona watch it but I hope it’s good.

I do love that they are all academy winners or nominees haha. That cracked me up. Dunno why

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database