Purchase link: Zavvi (LIVE)
Price: £24.99

2.jpg

1.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
11264282-1074376483896947.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The artwork is decent but it doesn't really match up. The grey border is a strange choice and doesn't really fit in with the back art. I would be more tempted with a price drop.

Reactions: Flloydo
Not understanding the grumbling about the fact that the front and back artwork doesn't match and not understanding the grumbling about the grey front against the orange back as anyone even slightly artistic should appreciate that the two colours complement each other very well :thumbs:

Furthermore, nothing unusual in having a different coloured front of steelbook to back - a practice that can be seen on many, many other steelbooks and if I could be bothered I'd list titles and post images :rolleyes:

. . . AND the grey is NOT JUST a random colour added just to frame the lovely front artwork - which it does very well by the way and is a perfect neutral colour to frame the image with all its pastel colours.

I'd understand complaints if the silver frame on the front was a different colour to the front opening edge but as can be seen in the unboxing vids and from the in-hand pics grey IS the colour of the front opening edge of the steelbook and thus a PERFECTLY NATURAL colour to continue over the front of the steel to frame the front image.

Anyway, I'll leave it there as some comments on this thread are making me madder than hell!

Not understanding the grumbling about the fact that the front and back artwork doesn't match and not understanding the grumbling about the grey front against the orange back as anyone even slightly artistic should appreciate that the two colours complement each other very well :thumbs:

Furthermore, nothing unusual in having a different coloured front of steelbook to back - a practice that can be seen on many, many other steelbooks and if I could be bothered I'd list titles and post images :rolleyes:

. . . AND the grey is NOT JUST a random colour added just to frame the lovely front artwork - which it does very well by the way and is a perfect neutral colour to frame the image with all its pastel colours.

I'd understand complaints if the silver frame on the front was a different colour to the front opening edge but as can be seen in the unboxing vids and from the in-hand pics grey IS the colour of the front opening edge of the steelbook and thus a PERFECTLY NATURAL colour to continue over the front of the steel to frame the front image.

Anyway, I'll leave it there as some comments on this thread are making me madder than hell!
Each to their own, just because one person likes it doesn't mean others have too! Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

This was the first new Disney steel I didn't keep my order for and cancelled the other week (jungle book might be the second)

Waiting on kimchi or FAC to see what they can do to hide that awful spine or possibly the blufans WEA package with a spine title

Either way I wouldn't mind getting the Korean PET slip at some point when they are released

I'm putting my foot down with uk WWA Disney which will include marvel, live action, Pixar, Star Wars etc until they learn to give us spine titles. Until then (if it ever happens) I'll go for other countries who jazz it up or deliver WEA

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles and harry
This was the first new Disney steel I didn't keep my order for and cancelled the other week (jungle book might be the second)

Waiting on kimchi or FAC to see what they can do to hide that awful spine or possibly the blufans WEA package with a spine title

Either way I wouldn't mind getting the Korean PET slip at some point when they are released

I'm putting my foot down with uk WWA Disney which will include marvel, live action, Pixar, Star Wars etc until they learn to give us spine titles. Until then (if it ever happens) I'll go for other countries who jazz it up or deliver WEA
Same here dude... I'll no longer be supporting Disney UK if this is the type of quality we're to expect from now on. I'm also patiently waiting for the much nicer Kimchi/FilmArena release. :D

Ha, was already typing it lol

Just sitting back waiting for that hell to unleash now ;):cool:
:giggle: :coffee:

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
Wow, aren't human beings interesting creatures. Everything that some people hate about this steelbook, I absolutely love. Love the grey border, love the colors on the back, love the titleless spine. So glad I got this. Can't stop looking at it.:thumbs: :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: Flash and neo
Got this steelbook as a gift and rewatching it, I really enjoyed it this time, funny how rewatching something changes opinion :thumbs:

This steelbook is also lovely in hand, I really love the front and back artwork :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: UpsetSmiley
Bought on the 5th (luckily, with one of those 10% "Olympics opening" codes - alas not 20% like some got), posted yesterday and REALLY looking forward to receiving it in the next day or so :)

HATERS OF THIS STEELBOOK NEED READ NO FURTHER
EDIT 10/8/16
Arrived today :thumbs: Very :) with it
Yes, just as I thought, an absolute beauty and a joy to behold and got to be one of the prettiest U.K. steelbooks ever created.
Absolutely nothing wrong and a lot right with it:-

1) Beautiful artwork - extremely child friendly, despite the lack of smiling faces in the crowd, and anyone familiar with the hustle and bustle of London's (or any other major city's) streets on a Saturday afternoon (such as Oxford, Regent's, Brompton or Piccadilly) will surely empathise with those critters cheek-by-jowl on that raised walkway.

2) Lovely selection of pleasing colours from black to white with everything in between in an expert mix of cold and warm.

3) Perfect framing of the artwork by the much thinner than usual border - in this case in a brushed metal effect which continues over the frame to form the colour of the front opening edge of the steelbook.

Got to say that this is the only steelbook I own that actually looks like a proper framed piece of art - the type of art that I would happily hang in the nursery and play a "Where's Wally?" (LOL) type game with the children when they were young.

4) My favourite Disney spine . . . ever :thumbs:

RE: FINISH - I would describe this as a ZERO varnish finish with SPOT GLOSS to the buildings in the far distance.

Last edited:
Reactions: Flash
Bought on the 5th (luckily, with one of those 10% "Olympics opening" codes - alas not 20% like some got), posted yesterday and REALLY looking forward to receiving it in the next day or so :)

It's lovely, you'll like it

• Thanks
Reactions: virkia
disney hieroglyphics on the spine = no sale

the title on the spine is a vital part of the packaging, its the first means of identifying the film you are looking for.

images are unacceptable. especially as their only purpose is to increase the products marketability- not an aesthetic/design choice.

It is insulting and shows a lack of effort by the publisher to produce a thoughtful product, just a total lack of respect to collectors in each individual region.

the embarrassing attempt to create some sort of universal language through pictures on the spine has to me instead become a symbol for how mass produced and unlimited these things actually are.

Definite fan of this one and of the Blufans WEA and would buy both if priced the same.
Unlike most on here I wouldn't immediately choose the WEA over the WWA for at least a couple of reasons - apart from the price - but both are lovely indeed (IMO).
WWA & WEA (inside and outside):-
II
V
TlpIzLk.jpg

DSC08651.jpg

DSC08635.jpg

Last edited:
The winner is very clear to me... BF all the way! The WWA steel has nothing good going for it IMO... even the interior is pretty weak when you consider the amount of amazing looking visuals in this film (take BF's interior for example). I'm hoping Disney release another/better steelbook in the UK somewhere down the line, like they have been doing lately with their other titles.

• Thanks
Reactions: neo