May 3, 2011
Montreal
Release date: May 26th, 2015
Purchase link: Dredd 3D Mondo X SteelBook
Price: $24.99
Group Buy: Drum18 or biscuitnoir
Notes: High gloss with satin finish per @Wreck and could be Region A locked

More PICS HERE
https://www.hidefninja.com/2015/05/06/first-look-exclusive-dredd-mondo-blu-ray-steelbook/

HDN Exclusive Preview Video

DreddMondoSteelBook1.jpg

00full.jpg

00.jpg01.jpg02.jpg03.jpg

Official announcement by HDN
https://www.hidefninja.com/2015/04/14/dredd-3d-mondo-blu-ray-steelbook-announced/

Last edited by a moderator:
HDN exclusive news nugget

There is an Easter egg on the back that is not seen in any of the marketing pics. Thus a surprise at retail :)
Ooo, this might be a bit of a reach but I wonder if the back is sorta lenticular... so the targeting aim thingymajig moves maybe.

Last edited:
Reactions: zerox39
HDN exclusive news nugget

There is an Easter egg on the back that is not seen in any of the marketing pics. Thus a surprise at retail :)
A hidden FutureShop logo underneath the slip, perhaps? :watch:

Thanks... now i want to take the day off to be at futureshop in the morning !
Correction: BestBuy (or as some of the locations on the website say, "FutureShop operated by BestBuy") :p

Reactions: zerox39
Can anyone tell me if the Canadian release features both the 2D and 3D versions on the same disc please?

Can anyone tell me if the Canadian release features both the 2D and 3D versions on the same disc please?
The release picture shows 2 discs. The front disc says Blu- ray + Blu ray 3D
The packaging clearly says Blu ray and DVD copy. Blu ray and DVD are different formats- therefore the Blu ray disc will be both 2D and 3D on one disc, and a stand alone DVD disc of the movie Is the second disc. This is the way the French Metal Tin Edition was released as well.
(And the PQ was fantastic for both 2D and 3D.)

Reactions: cooey
The release picture shows 2 discs. The front disc says Blu- ray + Blu ray 3D
The packaging clearly says Blu ray and DVD copy. Blu ray and DVD are different formats-

Are they really? I didn't know that? Next you'll be telling me that a VHS won't work in a Laserdisc player!! Madness I tell you :D ;)

therefore the Blu ray disc will be both 2D and 3D on one disc, and a stand alone DVD disc of the movie Is the second disc. This is the way the French Metal Tin Edition was released as well.
(And the PQ was fantastic for both 2D and 3D.)

The French tin has separate 2D and 3D discs bud, featured in a very nice digipack (I know, as I have it)

Looks like I'll be keeping my French tin too then

Are they really? I didn't know that? Next you'll be telling me that a VHS won't work in a Laserdisc player!! Madness I tell you :D ;)

The French tin has separate 2D and 3D discs bud, featured in a very nice digipack (I know, as I have it)

Looks like I'll be keeping my French tin too then
Right you are!:p I definitely confused it with another movie that has 2D and 3D on the same disc.
My bad. :rofl: (I have the tin, too. Lovely. I posted pics of the whole big thing somewhere on here!):LOL:
And Laserdiscs will destroy the stylus on your turntable! Do not attempt that one!
If your old enough, maybe you remember SelectaVision discs!:D
image.jpg
image.jpg

Reactions: bonakaze and cooey
Hahaha I wondered why my turn table wouldn't play those blasted MiniDiscs?!

LOL! Thanks @C.C. 95
Actually the MiniDiscs were from the early 90s for just audio.image.jpg
SelectaVision came before Laserdiscs. They were in a sleeve like a record (same basic size too). They only came out of the sleeve inside the machine(because it was so succeptable to damage). And unlike laserdiscs, it was actually played (like a record) with a stylus (needle)!
image.jpg <-------same size as Laserdisc
:D
---sorry to go off topic! Back to regularly scheduled thread!:p

Reactions: cooey
the easter egg is how the plastic slip plays with the steel .... You can notice on front of slip the blue and red like around dredd ... the back is surprise you'll see at retail day 1.

There was also the subtle one with Looper which you may have seen with the man on the rug (willis)

Ooo, this might be a bit of a reach but I wonder if the back is sorta lenticular... so the targeting aim thingymajig moves maybe.
Hey- here's a thing they haven't done yet. Like some of their posters, maybe they can have part of the back art be glow-in-the-dark artwork!!! That would be SICK!!

the easter egg is how the plastic slip plays with the steel .... You can notice on front of slip the blue and red like around dredd ... the back is surprise you'll see at retail day 1.

There was also the subtle one with Looper which you may have seen with the man on the rug (willis)
Wait... it gives it a 3D effect? :woot: