Release date: July 28th, 2015
Purchase link: Target.com
Price: $24.99
Group buy: apsmith21
Notes: Region Free.

f1.png

f2.pngf5.pngf6.pngfg31.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Since the variant of terminator 2 is totally different, you missed one (black one). The other variant are all the same except the slipcover
I know, I know...Didn't particularly like the variant, but couldn't have a collection that had one of the numbered spines missing, that would of drove me crazy..

I know, I know...Didn't particularly like the variant, but couldn't have a collection that had one of the numbered spines missing, that would of drove me crazy..

I know the feeling!
It's the numbered spines that drove me to pick up Boyhood as it would bug me having a number missing. I can't even watch it as it's region locked! :confused:

Reactions: Andycadle84
I know the feeling!
It's the numbered spines that drove me to pick up Boyhood as it would bug me having a number missing. I can't even watch it as it's region locked! :confused:
That's the same boat as I'm in with around half of these releases- Have a multi region DVD player so could watch Drive, but want to pick up a multi region blu-ray player (yet to see Drive, Dredd or Looper...)

Got this from an ebay seller. looked perfect until I opened it. There is not a single edge that is not scratched to shite. :cry:

this is one of my personal grails so I guess I'll be shopping for a new one. :(

Got this from an ebay seller. looked perfect until I opened it. There is not a single edge that is not scratched to shite. :cry:

this is one of my personal grails so I guess I'll be shopping for a new one. :(

I think you will be lucky to get one without damage, they look mint until you open them.
Purchased two from the GB, both got paint chips and scratches on the back of them. Mondo's quality control is **** and you can't send them back if you got them in a group buy. I have purchased about 10 mondo steelbooks over the past 2 months and only got two that didn't have any damage on them. They are Made in Mexico, say no more.

I think you will be lucky to get one without damage, they look mint until you open them.
Purchased two from the GB, both got paint chips and scratches on the back of them. Mondo's quality control is **** and you can't send them back if you got them in a group buy. I have purchased about 10 mondo steelbooks over the past 2 months and only got two that didn't have any damage on them. They are Made in Mexico, say no more.

I saw a youtube unboxing by a a guy in Germany and his copy looked flawless. I'll take my chances at least a couple more times. I must have a good copy of this steelbook. It is one of my grails.

Good luck in your quest. I know what you mean its a real nice steelbook, but i can't be buying 3-4 steelbooks in the hope of getting a good one, makes no sense what so ever.

That's not true, you can send them back if you are part of any group buy that I host, I have always offered this alternative to anyone that is not satisfied with the condition of their copy, despite my best efforts to inspect them.

(And as you state, kind of impossible to see condition under the slip if they are sealed).

Reactions: AlienKing
That's not true, you can send them back if you are part of any group buy that I host, I have always offered this alternative to anyone that is not satisfied with the condition of their copy, despite my best efforts to inspect them.

(And as you state, kind of impossible to see condition under the slip if they are sealed).

Yep. Copy I got off of ebay looked totally cherry but when I opened and slipped that slip off it was a freakin' mess.

I'm only going by what you said in your email quote "Target won't accept open items in return, and there is nothing in store to exchange as they are online only" So how was i supposed to send it back? I find it hard to believe that Target do not take back damaged steelbooks, even Zavvi do. You said i could purchase another one if i like, and i did and that to had damage on it. Like i said i am not blaming you as the damage is under the slip cover and could not be seen until opening.

I'm only going by what you said in your email quote "Target won't accept open items in return, and there is nothing in store to exchange as they are online only" So how was i supposed to send it back? I find it hard to believe that Target do not take back damaged steelbooks, even Zavvi do. You said i could purchase another one if i like, and i did and that to had damage on it. Like i said i am not blaming you as the damage is under the slip cover and could not be seen until opening.

Since we're going to be very public about this, although I'd rather continue the conversation via PM...

1) From Target.com -
Can I exchange the item I purchased on Target.com?
Items purchased on Target.com can be exchanged at the store within the return policy timeframe. Target does not currently offer exchanges through the mail return process.

(also from another spot of their return policy)

Open music, movies, video games and software cannot be returned, but may be exchanged at the store for the same title, for the same or different gaming platform.

2) If the item is sold out online, and available online only, there is no way to get you a new copy via exchange. Also note that we are way past the return policy deadline (and I believe that was true at the original time of inquiry). A new copy has to be purchased and each damaged copy has to be returned the store, in person, by myself.

3) Correct, as I mentioned previously, I do not open items for members because that is a very slippery slope. What would I do if I opened 10 copies and they all had a different defect that you found unacceptable? I suppose if I was asking twice the retail price like ebay or other marketplaces, and not the tiny GB fee that gets donated to the site, it would be a different discussion. The amount of service you receive for that tiny markup (at a volunteer level on my end) is quite extraordinary, IMO.

4) At any time members can send the item back at their own expense for a refund of the original purchase price. At that point, the site would take a loss and probably I would just give the item back to the community during Ninja Week.

The difference between Zavvi and me (working with HDN) - I'm not a retailer - I'm a guy that was shipping items out of his basement for a week and a half during off hours, after work, late at night, and early morning...

Just to help a number of members get a release that they really wanted - at a price that is beyond fair, considering the work that goes into it.

lol

Last edited: