Exclusive HDN article - read more here

REGION FREE!

#016 in the Mondo x Steelbook line is LABYRINTH! With Art by Todd Slater

lab_spread.png

lab_slip.png

lab_front.png

lab_back.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking at the M.C. Escher-inspired "Crazy Stairs" artwork I was thinking how much nicer it would be if the disc was housed in a tray leaving both sides of the artwork free and without the disc hub/housing getting in the way of said artwork.

Anyway, hope that the U.K. edition will not be slightly darker in places - like "RD" is - when compared to the U.S. edition.

Only have a couple of DB's films on Blu-ray ("The Man Who Fell to Earth" and "Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence") so this is definitely one to add to the shopping list.

Looking at the M.C. Escher-inspired "Crazy Stairs" artwork I was thinking how much nicer it would be if the disc was housed in a tray leaving both sides of the artwork free and without the disc hub/housing getting in the way of said artwork.

Anyway, hope that the U.K. edition will not be slightly darker in places - like "RD" is - when compared to the U.S. edition.

Only have a couple of DB's films on Blu-ray ("The Man Who Fell to Earth" and "Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence") so this is definitely one to add to the shopping list.

The U.K. Edition is the only edition (for now) so nothing to compare to regarding darker art like the UK/ US Reservoir dogs problem

• Helpful Post
Reactions: virkia
The U.K. Edition is the only edition (for now) so nothing to compare to regarding darker art like the UK/ US Reservoir dogs problem
Cheers for that.
Didn't realise we were getting all new Mondos instead of recycled already existing Mondos.
I should have checked the Mondo X Master List before posting.

Reactions: Flloydo
@apsmith21 no spot gloss I'm afraid.
Just matte with a slight metalic effect.
Unfortunately it's quite dark too

The pics @Noodles has posted are a lot brighter than the steel itself. Especially that last pic

I don't know why I have such bad luck with damaged steels and with Zavvi but I have a couple of chips out the back and some scratches

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Going to have to go back for a replacement now

I don't own all the Mondo Steels but regardless of this being a UK release overall i don't think they are the best quality steelbooks i wonder if it is to do with the transparent covers but i have had 3 Mondo titles with either dents or scratches on the back. I only tend to go for the movies i like but i had to get this because it's David Bowie so fingers crossed this one arrives without damage. @Flloydo sorry you got a damaged one hope you get it sorted buddy :thumbs:

Reactions: Flloydo