digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: November 17th, 2014
Price: £22.99
Purchase link: 22 Jump Street
Notes: Limited to 4000 units.
A limited 21 Jump Street Zavvi Exclusive Blu-ray SteelBook will be released at the same time. It will be priced £14.99 if purchased individually but will be automatically priced at £9.99 when purchased together with 22 Jump Street Zavvi Exclusive SteelBook!

22.jpg

Sony Pictures will also be running a competition to decide on the final artwork.

Vote here https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=701931476532099&id=196699947055257

Studio running independent art competition with 3 choices:

10963111-1401984841-152332.jpg

10963111-1401984841-152282.jpg

10963111-1401984841-152428.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Option 1 cannot be used, and I'll tell you why (as much as I think Hill and Tatum's pose is cool) :D :

By releasing both 21 Jump Street and 22 Jump Street on the same day, Zavvi here have the opportunity to make two complimentary steelbooks. So we really shouldn't use the one poster that only displays "22" and not "22 Jump Street" (there's isn't a single 21 Jump Street poster that says only "21").

That leaves options 2 and 3. Then, we have to think about what will be used for 21 Jump Street. There's nothing awesome, really, but I'm thinking they'll go with the most popular poster :

gGW8Pm.jpg

Between options 2 and 3, the one that would pair best with this is the one where they're an actual background. I also love their pose in the third choice, with the guns and the sunglasses, but option 2 has way more color, and simply fits better with the one likely used for 21 Jump Street. Besides, if we're choosing option 3, the door's open to a bare metal finish if it's not glossy.

Therefore, even when I first saw the choices I thought "option 3", I'm going to go with this, option 2 :) :

9cXPCl.jpg

22 Jump Street is like HTTYD 2?! So it's safe to take the kids? :hilarious: (I think I know what you were saying, but it's still a funny comparison.)

:p

I was bringing up How to Train your Dragon because they share some similarities : I for one didn't expect neither 21 Jump Street nor How to Train your Dragon to be as good as they are, both have a sequel due this summer (neither of which is an action/sci-fi blockbuster, that's noticeable too), and both are getting even better reviews than the originals. Other than that, yeah, there's a world between the two of them :D.

Last edited:
Would have ordered these, but won't be using Zavvi again till they make a full public statement about their huge recent mistake, and a complete revamp of their packaging into proper padded boxes.

Yes, at least to me. Option 1 is all zoomed up and Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum's faces take up 95% of the entire cover, whilst Option 2 is more spaced out with more room in the background.

Are you looking at the same options as everyone else? Option 1 is the one where they are on the car, how can that be zoomed in?

Reactions: wjasoncul
Are you looking at the same options as everyone else? Option 1 is the one where they are on the car, how can that be zoomed in?

Oops :hilarious:

I meant definitely not option 1, only down to not liking the artwork. I meant option 3 is zoomed up and in your face. I never stated in my original post the reason for not liking option 1 because it was zoomed in. Unless it was due to how I worded it? Got myself into a pickle there :emb:

Definitely not option 1 IMO, I prefer option 2. It's less crowded and in your face.

should've said
Definitely not option 1 IMO I just don't like the artwork, I prefer option 2, because unlike 3 It's less crowded and in your face.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kizza and wjasoncul
Option 1 cannot be used, and I'll tell you why (as much as I think Hill and Tatum's pose is cool) :D :

By releasing both 21 Jump Street and 22 Jump Street on the same day, Zavvi here have the opportunity to make two complimentary steelbooks. So we really shouldn't use the one poster that only displays "22" and not "22 Jump Street" (there's isn't a single 21 Jump Street poster that says only "21").

Where does it say Zavvi has to use the poster art from the first film???

They might create their own original art for the Steelbook of the first movie with just '21' on it!!??

Reactions: RekLess
I think options 1 and 3 are definitely the best, slight preference to option 1 though. Wouldnt mind seeing the artwork for 21 Jump Street first though.

Reactions: RekLess
I think what people need to be thinking here is what 21 Jump Streets artwork is going to be like so we can all pick an option together which resembles the first films artwork

Obviously we can't do that at the minute since they haven't shown us the art for 21 Jump Street but I really think they should show off that artwork first and then let us decide on the sequels.

No point picking an option where it looks totally different from the first Steelbook, like where one has a title and the other dosen't

Last edited: