300: Rise of an Empire - In theaters March 7, 2014

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
From IMDB:
The story, based on Frank Miller's Xerxes graphic novel, follows the Persian king's struggle to become a god, as well as his battles with Greek warlord Themistocles (Stapleton) and goddess Artemesia (Eva Green).
With: Eva Green, Rodrigo Santoro and more... (NOT Gerard Butler)

Trailer:

Attachments

• 52802L.jpg
    52802L.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 207
  • 300%20rise%20of%20an%20empire%20first%20poster.jpg
    300%20rise%20of%20an%20empire%20first%20poster.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 282
  • BMhB9YxCQAAQVwM.jpg
    BMhB9YxCQAAQVwM.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 306
Last edited by a moderator:
From CBM:
In an interview with MTV, the actor confirms that he won't have anything to do with the Noam Murro-directed film.
"Oh, yeah, I'm not doing it," Butler told the site. "They're filming [the '300' sequel] right now. I wish them the best, but it didn't [work out]. It wasn't really my thing."

Too bad... :(

Snyder is too busy with Man of Steel. If only they could have waited for him to be sure to keep the same 300 tone...

Not too sure about the director, but at least they got the same fight choreographer from the first movie (Damon Caro). Cinematographer is a new person too - he's worked on Great Gatsby, Underworld Evolution, I Robot, and Mummy 3.

I think without Zack Snyder this will struggle to live up to the first film. They should have waited untill he was available before making it IMO.

Wasn't a fan of 300 so have no interest in this (although it will give me an excuse to revisit 300)