300: Rise of an Empire - In theaters March 7, 2014

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
From IMDB:
The story, based on Frank Miller's Xerxes graphic novel, follows the Persian king's struggle to become a god, as well as his battles with Greek warlord Themistocles (Stapleton) and goddess Artemesia (Eva Green).
With: Eva Green, Rodrigo Santoro and more... (NOT Gerard Butler)

Trailer:

Attachments

• 52802L.jpg
    52802L.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 208
  • 300%20rise%20of%20an%20empire%20first%20poster.jpg
    300%20rise%20of%20an%20empire%20first%20poster.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 283
  • BMhB9YxCQAAQVwM.jpg
    BMhB9YxCQAAQVwM.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 308
Last edited by a moderator:
Eva Green is amazing in this but as said Themistoklis was a bit of a wet blanket , If he was half as pyscho as Eva green (TBF in real life Themistoklis was a big badass) then I think the film would've gone up a notch.

But good action scenes interesting plot points, worth a watch imo.

First movie of 2014 for me and a good start to some of the real big dogs to come.

Just watched this tonight on BD from the FS steelbook.

Gotta say it was good, not great, but still good. Of course, we're far from 300... not as refreshing, no charisma such as Leonidas, but still... great entertainment. Yes, Eva steals the show... and BOY she's badass and :boobies:

But, the only thing that I truly disliked (hated) was the blood... seriously... what the **** was that CGI for??? It was soooo pathetic.... and soooo unreal... too bad...
I don't mind blood... 300... Kill Bill... Sin City... but that was just meh!

Reactions: Flip
If you like Eva, check out Penny Dreadful on showtime :naughty: :boobies:

I keep hearing positive things about that show! :thumbs: But I don't have Showtime! :( :angry:

I guess I'll have to wait for the Blu-Ray... or for it to be released on Netflix! ;)