300: Rise of an Empire - In theaters March 7, 2014

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
From IMDB:
The story, based on Frank Miller's Xerxes graphic novel, follows the Persian king's struggle to become a god, as well as his battles with Greek warlord Themistocles (Stapleton) and goddess Artemesia (Eva Green).
With: Eva Green, Rodrigo Santoro and more... (NOT Gerard Butler)

Trailer:

Attachments

• 52802L.jpg
    52802L.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 209
  • 300%20rise%20of%20an%20empire%20first%20poster.jpg
    300%20rise%20of%20an%20empire%20first%20poster.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 283
  • BMhB9YxCQAAQVwM.jpg
    BMhB9YxCQAAQVwM.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 308
Last edited by a moderator:
Loved the original and will watch this for sure. But no Butler is disappointing. Guess it depends on how far before the original this one takes place. If it is anything more than 10-15 years, Leonidas would have just been teenager.

Trailer looks f*cking epic! I really wanna watch this

Only problem I have so far is the make-up and overall look of the actors/actresses. They don't look as dirty and believable as they did in the org 300 tbh.

Reactions: harry
Now, who would buy a steelie of this if it came out looking like this (cleaned up of course):

BMhB9YxCQAAQVwM.jpeg

EEK!EEK!

Last edited:
It truly is a shame about Snyder and Butler. I think if this movie came out first, and none of us knew anything about the 300 we have all already seen, then perhaps this could be regarded as awesome in and of itself, but that is not the case.

As others have said already, the top 2 greatest elements of 300 were Snyder's direction and Butler's larger than life commanding performance. I will probably see the new one just to give it a chance, but I am leaving my expectations on the floor.

A NEW Trailer has been released! :scat: :LOL: :oohyeah:

:movie:

Attachments

• 300trailernew.jpg
    300trailernew.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 78
Reactions: Drum18
The 3 most important battles between the Greeks and the Persians

The first one was Battle of Thermopylae ( 300 spartans)

The second one is Battle of Salamis ( which these movie is based on, and many historians ranked these battle as the most decisive military engagements of all time)

And the last one is Battle of Platea and Mycale

Eva Green gets her own character poster! :drool:

"If Death comes... I'm ready!" :scat:

hr_300-_Rise_of_an_Empire_19.jpg

:movie:

Wow! I can't wait for this movie. For me this is the most waited release of 2014.

---------- Post added at 06:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:31 AM ----------

I was in Sparta last weekend and here is a picture of the statue of King Leonidas :scat:

4t0k8j.jpg

That's awesome harry! I'm going Japan and Brazil this year. 2015 will be time the go around the Balkans and Greece region.

Reactions: harry