Release date: May 11, 2015
Purchase link: A Bug's Life
Price: £19.99 Sold Out!
Notes: Limited to 3000 copies

The others: Zavvi Exclusive: The Pixar Collection Blu-ray SteelBooks

11058523-1418408088-701816.jpg

11058523-1418408088-701879.jpg 11058523-1418408088-701885.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You mean, actually comply with the Data Protection Act (Principle 4, if you're interested, which states: "Personal data shall be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date" - "records should be updated for customers’ changes of address so that goods are delivered to the correct location")! I have written to them twice advising them that they are breaking the law by not amending addresses, but they haven't even had the decency to acknowledge my letters, let alone provide a response and explanation...
I've finally had a response from them - of sorts - "I have escalated this to our Customer Relations Team and investigations are underway. Please allow up to 2 working days for us to investigate and get back in touch with you."...

I won't hold my breath...

Reactions: Andycadle84
You can always use the Royal Mail's redirection service, which I've used to redirect mail from my late uncle's old address. Has been very useful for dealing with mail sent by people and organisations that weren't yet aware of his death.
Very true that you can use this service, but why should people have to pay for a service when it relates to something Zavvi are ballsing up for its customers??

I've finally had a response from them - of sorts - "I have escalated this to our Customer Relations Team and investigations are underway. Please allow up to 2 working days for us to investigate and get back in touch with you."...

I won't hold my breath...
That's the response I got from Zavvi. F***ing useless idiots...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    363.6 KB · Views: 173
Reactions: Doctor
Very true that you can use this service, but why should people have to pay for a service when it relates to something Zavvi are ballsing up for its customers??
I would say that it's still a useful service to use, though, and well worth it to catch any mail from people or organisations you either haven't got round to advising or have just forgot about. It's also best in my opinion to opt for the 12 month service (which is just over twice the cost of the 3 month service), as that way you'll catch anything relating to annual subscriptions, or special events like Christmas and birthdays etc. I've received several Christmas cards over the past few weeks addressed to my late uncle from people that were not aware that he had passed away back in February, so now I can let them know. I've also received the occasional mailings from organisations I wasn't even aware he had any association with (usually relating to subscriptions or regular donations etc.). These things always take several months to sort out, unfortunately.

That's the response I got from Zavvi. F***ing useless idiots...
Thanks for this - I will use it in my communication to the Information Commissioners Office. I see that they state "For security reasons we do not provide the facility to change address on orders once they have been made". That was the same excuse 3Mobile gave me last year when they refused to change my address (which they had actually recorded incorrectly). When I pointed out that their policy was a contravention of Principle 4 of the Data Protection Act, I had a call from their Data Protection Officer's office explaining that I had identified a gap in their procedures that they had to address AND report to the Information Commissioners Office. Zavvi just don't seem to care that they are continuing to breach this part of the act. Have you tried responding to them pointing out that on the Information Commissioners Office own website they actually use the specific example that "records should be updated for customers’ changes of address so that goods are delivered to the correct location."?

IIRC, if you want to change an address on Amazon (for something you have already ordered) you have to reenter your credit/debit card details. Surely this is what Zavvi should do.

For such a big player, they sure are an absolute pain in the ass when it comes to the most basic of issues.
That will be the security check to make sure that it's you requesting the change, rather than someone who has hacked in to your account to divert your deliveries. As you say, all Zavvi need do is introduce a similar check.

Thanks for this - I will use it in my communication to the Information Commissioners Office. I see that they state "For security reasons we do not provide the facility to change address on orders once they have been made". That was the same excuse 3Mobile gave me last year when they refused to change my address (which they had actually recorded incorrectly). When I pointed out that their policy was a contravention of Principle 4 of the Data Protection Act, I had a call from their Data Protection Officer's office explaining that I had identified a gap in their procedures that they had to address AND report to the Information Commissioners Office. Zavvi just don't seem to care that they are continuing to breach this part of the act. Have you tried responding to them pointing out that on the Information Commissioners Office own website they actually use the specific example that "records should be updated for customers’ changes of address so that goods are delivered to the correct location."?
Here's hoping these messages constitute some form of progress being made. What you reckon??

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    510.1 KB · Views: 160
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    564.2 KB · Views: 148
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    475.5 KB · Views: 134
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    294.7 KB · Views: 132
Reactions: Ranavalone
Here's hoping these messages constitute some form of progress being made. What you reckon??
Interesting stuff! I think the email you have from Zavvi stating that they "do not provide the facility to change address on orders once they have been made" would be good evidence for them, along with any requests you have made to them for the address to be changed. I am in the awkward position of not actually having had to make this request, only pointing out to others (and Zavvi themselves) that I believe Zavvi's stance to be non-compliant.

And it might be worth pointing out to the ICO that on their own website they use the example that "records should be updated for customers’ changes of address so that goods are delivered to the correct location."!

Andycadle84 - See my latest update in the retailer thread - Zavvi - Retailer chat[Europe]. Essentially, the ICO has encouraged me to encourage more people in your situation (as you have done) to submit formal complaints to Zavvi and themselves ([email protected]). If they receive enough, then they might actually do something about it!

Last edited: