Attachments

• 580325_10152874636460640_1319167698_n (1).jpg
    580325_10152874636460640_1319167698_n (1).jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 238
  • 945580_10152874636670640_1316529286_n.jpg
    945580_10152874636670640_1316529286_n.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 255
Last edited by a moderator:
Got myself a couple of copies. The HMV sticker comes off without ruining the paint. When I first tried to remove it, it wasn't lifting fully instead just raising the edges. Tried a different part of the label and it lifted without any issue. Close call, thought it was going to leave a right mess behind.

Planned on keeping this sealed. Only to rip the shrink wrap taking the pesky security tag off:angry:. Abandoning the sealed plan, I then found a rather nasty scratch:angry: on the inside, behind the disc holder.

Promptly returned and exchanged. I was able to remove the security tag successfully on the replacement. It’s staying sealed this time.

While the matt finish is really nice on this, it marks and scratches so easily.

popped in to HMV Wimbledon. Only had 3 copied, but all had wrapping open. Didnt like the look of the steel plus heard the film wasnt great so gave it a miss

Were those just the ones on display? Nottingham only had one left on display at the front of the store, but they had more behind the counter. Mine was pre-ordered. Came with small tears in the shrink wrap but no damage and it's getting opened anyway. :scat:

Had about 20 copies that I could see in my local HMV (Chelmsford) when I went to pickup my copy. Might have had loads more in the actual Blu Ray section (I only got as far as the entrance and their promotional stand :))

It's good HMV have done this, why ? Because it shows just how well Zavvi are doing with their exclusives. This is a pile of ............. Not just the steelbook I mean its naff but the film is a pile of ............. As well. If this is the standard then they can keep it. I don't understand why people have even bought this, it must be just for the sake of having the steelbook for the collection nothing else. Easiest pass I've ever had. I really hope they can do better with the next release.

It's good HMV have done this, why ? Because it shows just how well Zavvi are doing with their exclusives. This is a pile of ............. Not just the steelbook I mean its naff but the film is a pile of ............. As well. If this is the standard then they can keep it. I don't understand why people have even bought this, it must be just for the sake of having the steelbook for the collection nothing else. Easiest pass I've ever had. I really hope they can do better with the next release.

I think more than anything it is about supporting HMV. Before they went into administration, they were the kings of new Steelbook releases (i'm pretty sure all of HMV's exclusives have been new releases, no back catalogue stuff). Since then, the UK has struggled for new releases, with Zavvi intent on releasing back catalogue titles and the other retailers not offering much between them. I'm glad to see them return, I just hope they put their site up again as I don't like having to travel to a store to get Steelbooks.

Reactions: Nickcook1845