Alice Through the Looking Glass (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: October 3, 2016
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £24.99

11285811-1434414549195518.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
And this is why I never listen to reviews! I just watched this and I really enjoy it! It take you to a different aproach than the original but I will buy it coz I liked it! There! :)

Let's hope they DO change it so that it closely matches the first one and if there absolutely has to be no title then hoping for a spine covered in thumbnail pics of the main characters in the style of the ZOOTOPIA steelbook and NOT in the style of THE LONE RANGER steelbook.
This TBC artwork is way too busy and not in a good way, unlike ZOOTOPIA which is busy in a good way (IMO).

Artwork on Amazon.de which will indubitably be the same as ours (personally ignoring the "VORLAUFIGE ABBILDUNG UND LAYOUT NICHT FINAL/PROVISIONAL ARTWORK AND LAYOUT ILLUSTRATION NOT FINAL"):-
91kR6ROq9rL._SX425_.jpg
upload_2016-7-13_19-6-28.png

Poor show with the apparent blank spine but a row of thumbnails would have easily swung it for me (or admittedly most unlikely even a title to match the first):-
11216732-1434352386175079.jpg

EDIT: Just noticed that the images of the German edition have already been posted but never mind (no harm, no foul) . . .

Last edited:
@paulboland I have a question for you Paul. The detail specification of the steelbook states on Zavvi site that the steel 2D+3D is only Region B but I am sure it is a mistake(and maybe you can tell me). I thought that all Disney Releases were Region Free !? + Zavvi's Amaray Blu-ray edition of the same title is labeled as Region Free :cautious:

Why would the 2D+3D Disk from their Amaray edition would be region Free and the Steelbook would be Region B ? I thought they used the same disks (n):dunno:

@paulboland I have a question for you Paul. The detail specification of the steelbook states on Zavvi site that the steel 2D+3D is only Region B but I am sure it is a mistake(and maybe you can tell me). I thought that all Disney Releases were Region Free !? + Zavvi's Amaray Blu-ray edition of the same title is labeled as Region Free :cautious:

Why would the 2D+3D Disk from their Amaray edition would be region Free and the Steelbook would be Region B ? I thought they used the same disks (n):dunno:
Discs are the same
Retailer website region code listings are not always correct
The only way know for sure if region free or region locked is when disc is played
Most Disney Blu-ray discs are region free but not always some can be region locked

Reactions: Actarus
Discs are the same
Retailer website region code listings are not always correct
The only way know for sure if region free or region locked is when disc is played
Most Disney Blu-ray discs are region free but not always some can be region locked

The J-card for Alice in Wonderland actually says that it is region B and does not have region ABC shown like all the other Disney steelbooks. Does anyone have any more insight into this?

The J-card for Alice in Wonderland actually says that it is region B and does not have region ABC shown like all the other Disney steelbooks. Does anyone have any more insight into this?
Actarus is asking about Alice Through the Looking Glass it's not released yet
No actual Jcard seen yet for UK release or Disc tested in a Region A player

Alice in Wonderland from 2010 was region free even though that actual Disc said Region B for 3D Disc
The 3D Disc was region free even though it only had B printed on the Disc

There are a lot of Discs with printed only Region B but actually are region free
The only way you know for sure if any Region B Blu-ray Disc is region free is by testing it in a Region A player

Last edited: