Ant-Man (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

May 30, 2014
Release date: 8th of December, 2015
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $29.99
Group buy: apsmith21

786936846799;canvasHeight=360;canvasWidth=640.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Steelbook design. I would be disappointed if Korea used this art and just put a slip over it. But they did do that for GotG, so that's not unheard of.
I am thinking for initial release, no choice but this. might just wait it out for the inevitable rerelease or Blufans WEA

Reactions: dfoles
I'm usually all over the US/CA versions for the titled steelbooks but in this instance I think I'm going to hold off altogether and wait for Blufans etc to come up with one. Hell, even a later Zbox Zavvi design or something. There's almost nothing worse they could come up with so it's pure win to wait.

Reactions: dfoles
This is a terrible design. :spitout::vomit:(n)(n) Or maybe I just don't understand it. Can anyone explain the relevance of a SSD? I don't recall anything from the movie being that important.

Luis holding a glass of red wine with a tiny Ant-Man on the rim would have been more relevant.

Best Buy just released the design for the Captain America: Civil War steelbook:
Capt+America+Blank.jpg
Captain America or Captain Puerto Rico ? :p
captain-puerto-rico.jpg

Reactions: Ask
Honestly I'm not at all surprised. Won't be touching it, glad I don't collect Marvel. They are trying too hard to make it something unique to buy. That is the angle they are going for. Not the "steelbook" approach. They are going for, buy this because its different and doesn't look like a movie. This is how they see "steelbooks", not as movie cases with artwork representing a movie. But as an object that represents the movie. Exactly how GOTG was approached.

Any of the designs people like here are just artworks on a case. This approach is completely different because this studio doesn't see people buying steelbooks for any reason different then if they buy a Avengers Phase 1 set. Classic case of studios not knowing the audience they're selling to.

Now if they somehow managed to physically make it look like the interior of an SSD, chips and all. That's a different game. But artwork along and a little debossing/emboss here and there (obvious from the picture). Meh. I use Godzilla as an example. They could use a middle disk tray to place the disk on top of the "chips".

Last edited:
OMG!!! Crap on every level, if this is going to be the WWA thank god I missed pre-ordering it on zavvi, my 5 year old niece could have come up with better artwork than this, cannot believe this artwork was passed, what were they thinking, well lets be frank they bloody weren't :mad: