Release date: December 8th, 2014
Purchase link: Avatar 3D
Price: £21.99
Notes: Matte Finish. Limited to 3000 Copies
2 disc edition; 2D & 3D on 1 Blu-ray & DVD

av.jpg

av3.jpg av2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Who remembers that first glorious fox wave from play when they were all £10.99 and all but a few sold out without a price drop! I will pick this up but not at £21.99! I will be willing to pay £11.99 tops!

Reactions: marillion45
Your Google translator is apparently not working anymore. Nobody was arguing dealer prices. Zavvi paying extra money to secure exclusive rights to a steelbook that has already been released along time ago AND is overpriced is insulting to their customers. They are just as much to blame for accepting such a deal as Fox is for offering it.
Google translator I don't know what your getting at there as that makes no sense
Zavvi don't pay anything for exclusives all they do is agree to take all the stock
In fact when I was in the business it was the opposite it was up to the film studio to offer you something to agree to an exclusive by either reducing the dealer price or allowing file discount be part of the deal

Zavvi don't pay extra to get an exclusive

Paying for an exclusive that only happens with a huge release a retailer doing a deal to get it from a another retailer and that's very rare only a small number of releases that this has happened and its very small the number of releases were it did happen

If Zavvi did not agree to lot of these exclusives most of us would not have seen them happen which would have resulted in the steelbook business not have been as popular as it is now as the other retailers would not have gone with it and the increased sales of steelbooks is the reason you now see most of all new films get a steelbook release be it an exclusive or on general release

Last edited:
Reactions: marillion45
Who remembers that first glorious fox wave from play when they were all £10.99 and all but a few sold out without a price drop! I will pick this up but not at £21.99! I will be willing to pay £11.99 tops!
Play.com stopped been a retail shop and went marketplace sellers only because the UK stopped them not paying tax on the releases of £10.99 due to a loophole in tax laws which they put a stop to
The price would not have been £10.99 with tax

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Kashby
Play.com stopped been a retail shop and went marketplace sellers only because the UK stopped them not paying tax on the releases of £10.99 due to a loophole in tax laws which they put a stop to
The price would not have been £10.99 with tax

Sorry I should of worded that better, I was aware of the whole play tax loophole thing, just reminiscing about the good old days of tax free steelbooks, I understand that Zavvi/Fox can't sell these at £10.99 Anymore but they should at least make the price a bit more reasonable. £21.99 for a Matt non embossed catalogue title Is ridiculous.

Reactions: paulboland
If this goes to 7.99, I may get one just because I sold my regular cut of the movie. I have the 3D steel, and the extended steel. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the extended ed. doesn't come with the normal cut right?

is this just the theatrical release or it also has the extended cut? (i could not find more details from the site).. thanks in advance!

Its only 1 cut of the film
Its the same 3D Disc from the Previous 3D release
The 3D Blu ray is theatrical version only
Theatrical version of the film, it does not contain the extended version

The 3D disc contains 3D and 2D of the theatrical version on the same Disc
It also includes a DVD of the Film

2 Discs
Disc 1 3D/2D of the Film
Disc 2 DVD of the Film

There has been no extended versions with any 3D versions released and is unlikely to happen as they did not convert the extended to 3D

If you want the extended versions you need to purchase
The Extended Collector's Edition 2D only releases
Theatrical Edition, Special Edition and the Collector's Extended Cut

Last edited:
I'll wait the inevitable stelbook of the 3D EE, just before Avatar 2 :rolleyes:
is this just the theatrical release or it also has the extended cut? (i could not find more details from the site).. thanks in advance!
it's been told many times in the thread

Ordered, liked this artwork for some time and I don't have an Avatar steelbook so what the hell :)

I will get this but only if I see a big price drop
I will wait till the Jan Sale or later
I cant see it selling out at the price it is at the moment

I already have the
Extended collectors edition
3D Lenticular Slipcase version

I have bitten on this. I did think about it a bit, before I did.

£21.99 is a tad expensive, but they will charge that for the 3D disc being included.

With that, I can't see this dropping to £7.99. I can see them dropping it to £14.99, which is when I think it will sell out.

The £2 off means I got the BIG steelbook for a fiver and I love that movie, so I am pleased. With Xmas coming up I get family members asking for something to get, so this will be one of those :cool:

The previous UK release was very poor IMO. This isn't amazing either, but it's the better of the two. I'll track down the lenti to stick in it and I'm happy!

:thumbs:

FYI:

"Hello,

Does the "Avatar 3D (Includes 2D Version) - Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook" include the extended version of the movie?

Thank you.

Regards,

Chris

One of our customer services advisors has reviewed your query and we are able to confirm the following:

Hello Chris,

Thank you for getting in touch about order xxxxxxx.

I have looked into this further for you and this does not include the extended version of the film.

I am sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you.
If there is anything else that we can do, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Kind regards,

Charlotte

Zavvi.com Customer Service Team"

I hope it'll help. I canceled my order ;)

Its a bit expensive for my liking and not having the extended cut puts me off. But overall im very happy with the ironpack in terms of quality and artwork as I have that and it has extended in their I think...