Release date: December 8th, 2014
Purchase link: Avatar 3D
Price: £21.99
Notes: Matte Finish. Limited to 3000 Copies
2 disc edition; 2D & 3D on 1 Blu-ray & DVD

av.jpg

av3.jpg av2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this is the only title that can begin to be justified. It hasn't received a decent UK release (by current standards: clean artwork front and back and some inside artwork as a minimum). I might pick this up if it drops to half the price. That said, I would still have preferred a new title.

I bought 2 of these from ASIA (one japan and one korea). Matte finish but one had a bad scratch on the cover so I used the back of my Japan one for my German Lenticular since they have the same inside artwork and now my favorite avatar has a nice back and not printed.

@bloodsnake007 here is something for you buddy :p ;)
Thanks @harry!

I love AVATAR! :drool: But honestly... I'm getting bored of seeing the same DAMN artwork of Neytiri! :mad: I would of preferred something new/different! :thumbs:

This would of been a DREAM Steelbook for me!

Front:

Interior:

Oh well... :rolleyes: I'll be saving my pennies for something else! ;) :thumbs:

Reactions: harry and tridon
This is a Fox UK release

Zavvi don't make any Steelbooks
They are just a retailer

Fox UK decide what gets released from their catalouge
They then decide if it's a general release or an exclusive to a retailer
In this case the exclusive is with Zavvi

Looks great, the same design as previous Asian editions, but a much better price. I will be getting this one for sure. It also shows color inside artwork (other foreign editions were black and white interior) so I hope that turns out to be accurate.

the OP says 2D & 3D on the same disk.
It didn't before, but obviously does now... great news! I'll still probably wait for a price drop anyway, because the 3D disc is useless to me and the fact it will be matte is very disappointing. :(

Easy pass for me.
The Asian steelbook I've got easily trumps this, as it has all 3 cuts of the film, and every bit of Avatar bonus guff you could ask for.

Are all versions of this steelbook matte? Was any gloss with lenti avaliable? I own the collectors extended edition which is in a beautiful slip case (double slip case if I remember) considering the extended is not avaliable in 3d I'd be happy with this release as its possibly the best 3d film around.

hmm could be interested in this.
been waiting/hoping for a 3D region B compatible release with no german text to arrive at some point. would be better if was extended cut in 3D, but so far, this would be the best release of an avatar steel (Asian one I had before was region locked - so nothing more than a dust collector. uk one has printed back. german one has german text - all big big losers)