SpeedMasterLee

Master of the STEEL
Premium Supporter
Jun 6, 2012
Torrance, California. USA
Release date Oct 26, 2012

JSDVD Buy Link

YesAsia Buy Link

http://www.yesasia.com/us/avatar-20...-taiwan-version/1031546488-0-0-0-en/info.html Link for USA residents

Check out the hi-res images from JSDVD -
4710756229438-2.jpg

4710756229438-3.jpg

4710756229438-4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the German MM ordered thru a GB so with it having a lenticular card wouldn't it be the samething? If it was different coverart I might consider it. But everything is pretty much speculation until we see the actual SB.

Most of the time TW steels come with a nice slip to differentiate it from its counterparts from other countries so even with the same cover the addition of a slip makes the steel a much more sought after steel for those who dont open them. The final pics of steels usually do not get posted until closer to release day which by that time the item might already be sold out depending on the popularity of the title. Since Avatar is one of the highest grossing movies of all times i will take no chances and order right away. It took me about 2 seconds to decide that i wanted this steel in my collection. If asian slips and the movie is not your cup of tea this makes an easy choice for a steel collector.

Most of the time TW steels come with a nice slip to differentiate it from its counterparts from other countries so even with the same cover the addition of a slip makes the steel a much more sought after steel for those who dont open them. The final pics of steels usually do not get posted until closer to release day which by that time the item might already be sold out depending on the popularity of the title. Since Avatar is one of the highest grossing movies of all times i will take no chances and order right away. It took me about 2 seconds to decide that i wanted this steel in my collection. If asian slips and the movie is not your cup of tea this makes an easy choice for a steel collector.

Trust me I have no issue with asian slips. Thats one of the reasons why ordered Prometheus last week. I'm just trying to see the difference between this and the MM version other than just the slip. I might order and wait & see if the coverart comes out before it ships. Than i'll decide if I want to keep the order or just cancel.

Yesasia usually adds 'Steelcase' 'Steelbook' or some other signifier that it is a limited release. Posts deleted just in case to avoid accidental ordering by members.

Reactions: gbdragon
Where is it showing it comes with lenticular art, on the image? I can't get the image to load.

Nevermind. I see it in the description.

I pre ordered a couple of movies from JSDVD and it ordrered all movies twice. How do I cancel one of the orders? I sent an e-mail canceling one of the orders. Was just wondering if there is another way to cancel an order for future reference....Thanks!

I pre ordered a couple of movies from JSDVD and it ordrered all movies twice. How do I cancel one of the orders? I sent an e-mail canceling one of the orders. Was just wondering if there is another way to cancel an order for future reference....Thanks!

Only way of cancelling is by email. Note JSDVD takes money from bank straight away so you will lose out on money conversion fees.

Reactions: bluray4life
Yesasia usually adds 'Steelcase' 'Steelbook' or some other signifier that it is a limited release. Posts deleted just in case to avoid accidental ordering by members.

I've just received confirmation from Yesasia that the listing they had is the steelbook version and they have changed the listing heading accordingly:

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for writing to YesAsia.com!

Upon checking, Avatar (2009) (Blu-ray + DVD) (2D + 3D) is a steelbook version. Please refer to the product page for your information:

www.yesasia.com/global/avatar-2009-...-taiwan-version/1031546488-0-0-0-en/info.html

Please DO NOT REPLY directly to this email. Should you have any further inquiry, please kindly refer to our Help Section for further assistance.
US and Canada customers: http://www.yesasia.com/us/0-0-0-0-en/question-feedback.html
Customers from the rest of the world: http://www.yesasia.com/global/0-0-0-0-en/question-feedback.html

Regards,

Ying Ying Tse

Customer Service Department

Last edited:
Reactions: bgmat58 and chantm