Avengers: Age of Ultron (2D+3D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: September 14th, 2015
Purchase link: Avengers: Age of Ultron (sold out)
Price:
£24.99
Notes: Limited to 4,000 copies.

11107173-1784313271831309.jpg

Pre-order date: April 23, 2015

Zavvi Marvel Day is April 23, chat here
ultron.jpg
marvel day.jpg

Last edited:
Cool. I'm waiting to see what we get here in the US from either Target or BestBuy, which could possibly be the same thing. Otherwise I'll see what's available of these ones. I plan to get multiple different versions of this movie.

Any news on the 3 hour extended edition?
Don't know if there will be one, all the rumours seem to stem from an email that amazon sent out but they then retracted with this one:
Hello,

We recently sent you an e-mail about the Avengers: Age of Ultron which said that these items included an extended version and alternate ending. As the studio hasn’t yet confirmed which special features will be included with these items, this information may not be correct. We're sorry for any inconvenience our e-mail caused.

These items are still available to pre-order from Amazon.co.uk at the link below, where details on special features will be added when received from the studio:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/b?ie=UTF8&node=4371695031

I hope this helps and that we see you again soon.

Regards,

Customer Service Department

It's absolutely ridiculous that they put this for pre-order even before they chose any artwork for this item.

I was also little disappointed in the movie, it wasn't as bad as Iron Man 3 or Thor: The Dark World, but Winter Soldier and the previous Avengers-movie were better in my opinion.

I rate Thor 2 on a similar level to AoU as they both just feel like filler pieces. Avengers 1 was great as it was basically the 'ending', or at least the logical conclusion of everything that had been set up in previous MCU Phase 1 movies. Even though the story/enemies were a bit dumb/simplistic it didn't really matter as seeing these heroes together for the first time was exciting and fresh - it was funny and the actors/characters bounced off each other really well.

The Winter Soldier was great because the story had real repurcussions to the MCU - in fact I'd argue it felt more like a sequel to Avengers than AoU does. AoU just seemed really messy to me, there was so much going on but none of it felt particularly important or interesting. I get that this is going to lead into Cap3 (which will probably be better than AoU!) but it felt like 25% of the movie was left on the cutting room floor. Here's hoping we get that extended cut - I'm definitely going to watch it again but I don't think it will have the replay value of Avengers or GotG. I'll keep my pre-order for now but if the artwork sucks I'll probably cancel

Reactions: Apinamakina
Just didn't rate it mate, thought it was below par.

It seems to be a bit of a marmite movie, I enjoyed it but I can see how some might not have liked it. Iron Man or Guardians of the Galaxy are still my fave MCU movies

I am hoping the final art for this will be good, but it will probably be the usual Marvel / Disney release with characters on the spine and no title on the front.

Reactions: adds83
sorry to throw a pisser on the works here guys we please stop talking about how good or bad the film is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SOME OF US HAVEN'T SEEN IT AND DON'T WANT TO KNOW HOW YOU RATE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

talk about the steel when we got the art instead!
otherwise go create a thread somewhere else and chat to your hearts content

many thanks
basil :thumbs:

and for those that can't read :rofl:

Reactions: MrNano