Avengers: Age of Ultron (2D+3D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: September 14th, 2015
Purchase link: Avengers: Age of Ultron (sold out)
Price:
£24.99
Notes: Limited to 4,000 copies.

11107173-1784313271831309.jpg

Pre-order date: April 23, 2015

Zavvi Marvel Day is April 23, chat here
ultron.jpg
marvel day.jpg

Last edited:
Ok back to Avengers AoU. Heres what I expect and hope the WWA release is:

Disclaimer: Fanmade. Not Official

taik5s.jpg

I know this isnt the popular choice but most practical. Im sure Blufans will give us a WEA steel
I get it. It makes sense thematically with the first steelbook.
But do we really have to have a picture spine again?!! (even in a mock up?!):LOL:

I
I get it. It makes sense thematically with the first steelbook.
But do we really have to have a picture spine again?!! (even in a mock up?!):LOL:
Yup. Im a realist;) But I think I read that this movie will have the same title world wide, so maybe they add the title to the steels this time. But wouldnt get hopes high.

Reactions: C.C. 95
This is the one we all want but probably won't get...

fRLGX6.jpg
I would peg that as either a) slip art or b) inside art.
I think it is too busy for the actual steelbook. IMHO, of course. But it IS a great image...
(But I think Vision would rather be represented by more than just legs, feet, and a cape!):p

Last edited:
Hi I'm new on this and had a question. From a few sites I've seen a lot of negativity towards Zavvi. Is it their steelbook designs, price or customer service that has alienated some collectors, or is their another reason. Just curious as I've only ever bought from them.

Hi I'm new on this and had a question. From a few sites I've seen a lot of negativity towards Zavvi. Is it their steelbook designs, price or customer service that has alienated some collectors, or is their another reason. Just curious as I've only ever bought from them.
A bit (or a lot!) of all of those reasons! You'll find more details in the specific retailer thread on Zavvi (see link below) which, if I repeat here will probably get moved to that thread as the mods (understandably) like to keep the individual steelbook threads relevant to that particular steelbook.

https://www.hidefninja.com/community/threads/zavvi-retailer-chat-europe.22531/page-245

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Galactus101
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: Galactus101

taik5s.jpg

I know this isnt the popular choice but most practical. Im sure Blufans will give us a WEA steel

I'd be happy with that as it'll match the HMV version I have of part 1.

I also think it's the most likely (and safest) option for Disney to choose for the UK and EU market. We know they love to have title-less options whenever possible and even if the on-screen title is the same worldwide, we know that it'll be changed on posters and home video to many native languages. Disney can simply use the J-card to deal with this issue as they do time and again.

While I'm no fan of pictures on the spine, we're too far down the road for them to change now (even the US didn't escape with GotG). No doubt a titled spine will appear on a re-release (and maybe even the BB/FS version like CA: TWS and Thor: TDW), but here we won;t be that lucky.

taik5s.jpg

That's the one I'm hoping for... just to go with the first one. :D

As for Zavvi's Marvel Day... the last thing we need are more Iron Man steels IMO. I suppose I wouldn't mind a new one for IM3, since the first release was a bit meh. And I'd definitely be up for an Incredible Hulk steel!

Reactions: schrute farms
That's the one I'm hoping for... just to go with the first one. :D

As for Zavvi's Marvel Day... the last thing we need are more Iron Man steels IMO. I suppose I wouldn't mind a new one for IM3, since the first release was a bit meh. And I'd definitely be up for an Incredible Hulk steel!

I say release all of them.

With titles on the spine, the Marvel logo at the top (removing the Universal and Paramount logos where applicable), having quality artwork in portrait (not landscape - looking at you Hulk movies) and generally just looking amazing as a set.

I already have every MCU movie in a steelbbok, but I'll replace them all with better versions. I'd like to see Daredevil, Agents of SHIELD and Agent Carter get the steelbook treatment too.