Avengers Assemble (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) (Lenticular) [UK]

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Release date: April 6 May 30 April, 2015
Purchase link: Avengers Assemble (SOLD OUT)
Price: £24.99
Notes: Lenticular magnet cover, debossed border, embossed title, matte finish

01.jpg

02.jpg 04.jpg 05.jpg

pic1.gif
00.jpg 03.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So, no cancellations put back up around release day as is usually the case??

Wonder if they ever will? Won't be at the original price if they do I bet.
They must have had some cancellations even if it's a small number, I read that a few members here had cancelled not to mention all the bulk order/payment problem cancellations. But I think we all know what's going to happen when they do finally get round to re-listing...
TBC_Main_Identity.jpg

Reactions: dLux
So, no cancellations put back up around release day as is usually the case??

Wonder if they ever will? Won't be at the original price if they do I bet.

When it comes back in stock, if it's not the normal price they may do a bundle with Age of Ultron steelbook to get this at it's normal price (which wouldn't be too bad)...or they could do a stupid Zbox bundle deal again.

this is flying about on the bay for only a fiver more and i can see it dropping , this isnt another guardians that will soar upwards
I disagree, it's usual for a new release to be going fairly cheap on eBay soon after it's release as it's sellers trying to out do one another just to get them shifted, my opinion - when the cheap ones are gone this will probably go up in value especially with Age Of Ultron just around the corner.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Basil
Mine arrived today, i see what people mean with the lenti not being alligned with the steelbook image.

Its a lovely steel though, ive kept my magnet on it with the slip all slipped into a plastic protective cover, looks great next to my full slip singapore viva.

Last edited:
I disagree, it's usual for a new release to be going fairly cheap on eBay soon after it's release as it's sellers trying to out do one another just to get them shifted, my opinion - when the cheap ones are gone this will probably go up in value especially with Age Of Ultron just around the corner.

If it goes the same way as the UK re-release of Thor and Cap America I think this will be going for more than £24 in 12+ months time.

Perhaps but my thinking is that this is a re-release,albeit with 3d , there'll be a lot of people out there who wont be collectors , won't feel the need to buy every version available and dareisday it quite happy with their original hmv one . We know its all supply and demand ,the hmv one has dropped in price a fair bit since this new one was announced and we have the nova release around the corner ,personally i dont see this getting anywhere near the galaxy's £40-£50 mark

Perhaps but my thinking is that this is a re-release,albeit with 3d , there'll be a lot of people out there who wont be collectors , won't feel the need to buy every version available and dareisday it quite happy with their original hmv one . We know its all supply and demand ,the hmv one has dropped in price a fair bit since this new one was announced and we have the nova release around the corner ,personally i dont see this getting anywhere near the galaxy's £40-£50 mark
Fair play and only time will tell. Although I would say I don't think the HMV version has ever been particularly popular hence has never been that desirable so there's always been potential for a better version to supersede it. Lets see how the Nova version(s) turn out and how well their received.

Reactions: George Pearce
indeed , i was quite happy to take this before the nova version surfaced and tbh despite the lenticular i would still have it but i'm a bit of a tradionalist with marvel and having capt america behind the rest of the group instead of leading them didnt quite sit with me ....each to their own though and thats what makes the forum entertaining

Reactions: merlion
well mine turned up today all ok, love the steel and the finish its nice in hand but the lenti is not good with the lining up issue which is a shame really. so i did what someone joked about earlier in the thread it has been stuck up on the freezer rather than thrown out.
the lenti wasn't the be all and end all but i lay money on it was ordered because some wanted/thought they would get a decent lenti as well.

also wish some people wouldn't keep saying wait to you have it in hand before judging and then after the event saying well its only the steel that matters to them, the lenti doesn't matter to them it can go in the bin.

a word to the wise its not helpful advice if some people bought this for the lenti they would feel they may have wasted there money.
sometimes engaging brain first is of better use as sometimes newbies listen to older hands and thats not good when spouting off with there inifite knowledge as has just been proved :rofl::rofl::rofl:

basil :whistle:

well mine turned up today all ok, love the steel and the finish its nice in hand but the lenti is not good with the lining up issue which is a shame really. so i did what someone joked about earlier in the thread it has been stuck up on the freezer rather than thrown out.
the lenti wasn't the be all and end all but i lay money on it was ordered because some wanted/thought they would get a decent lenti as well.

also wish some people wouldn't keep saying wait to you have it in hand before judging and then after the event saying well its only the steel that matters to them, the lenti doesn't matter to them it can go in the bin.

a word to the wise its not helpful advice if some people bought this for the lenti they would feel they may have wasted there money.
sometimes engaging brain first is of better use as sometimes newbies listen to older hands and thats not good when spouting off with there inifite knowledge as has just been proved :rofl::rofl::rofl:

basil :whistle:
Can I ask what exactly it is about the lenticular magnet apart from the misalignment that you don't like? It's reasonably bright and clear and has very good depth. Certainly a lot better than the crap gladiator lenticular.

It's reasonably bright and clear and has very good depth. Certainly a lot better than the crap gladiator lenticular.
If you think this lenti is clear with good depth, then you've clearly never actually seen a good lenti :p it's certainly the worst I've seen/have in my collection.

Iron Man & Thor are clear, sure. Everything behind them is pretty bad.

Last edited:
If you think this lenti is clear with good depth, then you've clearly never actually seen a good lenti :p the lenti with this is about as bad as it gets, certainly the worst I've seen/have in my collection.
Do you have gladiator lenticular and Kimchi MU and Rush and even to an extent Snowpiercer. Those are what I call crap lentis. You can also add German Star trek into darkness on the list of shite.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Geek Tragedy
Do you have gladiator lenticular and Kimchi MU and Rush and even to an extent Snowpiercer. Those are what I call crap lentis. You can also add German Star trek into darkness on the list of shite.
Nope, none of those. Amelie, Xmen DoFP, Perfume, Iron Man (KimchiDVD), Lone Survivor (Novamedia), GoTG (HDN slip) & Les Croods off the top of my head. Possibly a few I can't recall too.

Nope, none of those. Amelie, Xmen DoFP, Perfume, Iron Man (KimchiDVD), Lone Survivor (Novamedia), GoTG (HDN slip) & Les Croods off the top of my head. Possibly a few I can't recall too.
Well I have most of those and dozens more lenticular steelbooks and in comparison this lenticular is pretty good. I am not saying that this is the best I have ever seen but neither is it rubbish. If you can't see the depth in the lenticular on this then all I can say is "should've gone to specsavers"