Avengers: Infinity War (4K+2D & 3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

tommyh84

Not Mine
Premium Supporter
Apr 28, 2011
Release date: September 3, 2018
Purchase links: 4K+2D - 3D+2D
Price: £32.99 (4K+2D) - £24.99 (3D+2D)
Notes: Title on spine. Debossing around Thanos, the gauntlet and the Infinity stones w/ spot gloss.

03.jpg

11743005-1714593696194796.jpg
02.jpg
04.jpg
05.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Infinitely better design with the title incorporated in the artwork ... title moved to the horizontal stroke of the "A" so as to not mess with any "bossing" (if we are to be blessed with any on this occasion):-
upload_2018-4-26_23-14-57.png
upload_2018-4-26_23-23-25.png
... as seen here on the BB exclusive "metal box"
upload_2018-4-26_23-34-18.png

Not liking the title on the mock-up ... almost equally as good as the above would be the full front title only on the O-Ring thus leaving an elegant text free front:-
upload_2018-4-26_23-28-3.png
upload_2018-4-26_23-29-18.png

Yes, I know, artwork TBC ...

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: robbodoc and dfoles
Saw this last night... honestly, even as a huge fanboy, I think I've finally become jaded towards the MCU. Was basically a two and a half hour-long action scene, and I became kind of numb to it all halfway through. Some fantastic scenes but it's impossibly huge and totally overindulgent. Nice to finally have some consequences for once, though.

For what it's worth I sort of agree with you - I certainly didn't hate it, but the action became something of a Transformers-esque clusterfuck the longer it went on, with very ropey CGI in places. Marvel has always played fast and loose with each character's powers and 'where they rank' amongst one another, and the consequences of this were felt in this movie imo - nothing has any weight because the characters can always just 'do what the movie needs them to' to get out of a bind. Speaking of consequences - without getting into spoilers - it's pretty obvious this entire movie will be magically undone by the end of the next one, which again, undercut nearly every 'major' event that happened. Honestly, I'm not even sure this is much better than Age of Ultron.

Obviously that's just my opinion and I could certainly be wrong about what happens next... I really enjoyed the first half, I thought the pacing was initially quite well done, and I liked the way they introduced certain characters to each other. It sort of rattled apart a bit as it went on though for me.

Agreeing with what some people are saying. Was an awesome movie in itself with great action and comedy but personally feel the solo movies are better movies in general as they're more focused and complete in my opinion. Watched Civil War again the other night and even that isn't that great.

Is it possible that we have been spoiled? Not every Marvel movie can be perfect. When it gets to the point where people are saying they liked GOTG then comes the but...........
No movie is going to be perfect but Avengers as a huge team concept hero movie I'm sorry but if your not happy with that what are we all happy with then, where is the line? How many of the 19 Marvel movies get the somewhere between very good to great stamp of approval? I'd genuinely be curious.
I just felt like a decent percentage of people were going to complain about Infinity regardless of how good it was, but hey that's just one cynical persons opinion.

• Thanks
Reactions: St4rlord
Is it possible that we have been spoiled? Not every Marvel movie can be perfect. When it gets to the point where people are saying they liked GOTG then comes the but...........
No movie is going to be perfect but Avengers as a huge team concept hero movie I'm sorry but if your not happy with that what are we all happy with then, where is the line? How many of the 19 Marvel movies get the somewhere between very good to great stamp of approval? I'd genuinely be curious.
I just felt like a decent percentage of people were going to complain about Infinity regardless of how good it was, but hey that's just one cynical persons opinion.

Same with any big franchise or tent-pole movie, there will be people going in wanting to hate it, and others that will think it's above criticism. Got to give mad props to Marvel for pulling this whole thing off - you only have to look at what WB have done with the DC movies to see how easily they could've botched it

There's no expansion scenes because the whole film is in imax.

"Avengers: Infinity War marks the first Hollywood film to be shot entirely with IMAX cameras. Exclusively in IMAX theatres, Avengers: Infinity War will be presented in an expanded IMAX 1.9:1 aspect ratio – offering moviegoers up to 26% more of the image than standard theatres for a truly immersive experience."

See this in imax 3D last night and it was phenomenal

I put my thoughts in the movie thread so I won’t include them in here.

I’ll keep my WWA pre order and if the artwork is right I might one click blufans too (defo in for a DL)

• Thanks
Reactions: Hereticz
I'm kind of surprised this hasn't sold out already, I guess it must be a huge print run. Well, everyone should be able to get these in my opinion, so the more they print, the better.