Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2D+3D Blu-ray SteelBook) (HMV Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: August 1, 2016
Purchase link: HMV - Xtra-Vision
Price: £22.99
HDN Group Buy: Hosted by Naughtius Maximus

Ireland
HMV Ireland - Xtra-Vision
Price: €27.99

01-288667.jpg 02-288667.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not declaring anything. Information is provided by the bbfc.

So any challenging you can take it up with The British Board of Film Classification.
As for it, I really don't care and as for you as well !

I don't know why you always try to seem to pick fights.

I always do. don't I ?

if you are right on this one, I will trash my (already pre-ordered HMV version, from GB) copy, yes will trash it and film it and post it on this site. promise.

I always do. don't I ?

if you are right on this one, I will trash my (already pre-ordered HMV version, from GB) copy, yes will trash it and film it and post it on this site. promise.

I just checked on amazon.uk and the UE is 182 minutes so makes sense as it is 182 or 183 is the same.

So I have no idea why the BBFC would provide the information that the UE is shorter.
Isn't the BBFC the ones that take care of Classification and provide run times of different versions etc... ?

So they provided the information that it was shorter, it was not me who made it up. But their info was not correct.

And yes you... well... most always do !

yep. might be picking up fights. but end up being right. and that the fact that no one did challenge you/your post tells something. (oh, you post something and I thank you for that, even it seems to be utter bs)

Why almost attacking someone instead of bringing it up in a friendlier way ?

You are ALWAYS so negative. Your negativity does not help in contributing to the forum in a friendlier way.
So what if I was wrong ? The source was legit as far as I knew.

@Apollon @digitalbabe

• Thanks
Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
I just checked on amazon.uk and the UE is 182 minutes so makes sense as it is 182 or 183 is the same.

So I have no idea why the BBFC would provide the information that the UE is shorter.
Isn't the BBFC the ones that take care of Classification and provide run times of different versions etc... ?

So they provided the information that it was shorter, it was not me who made it up. But their info was not correct.

And yes you... well... most always do !

Had a feeling the BBFC might of put the wrong info.

Suppose they get things wrong at times too

(Although equally Amazon can be wrong at times lol but I can't see the UK getting 8 mins cut)

Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
Why almost attacking someone instead of bringing it up in a friendlier way ?

You are ALWAYS so negative. Your negativity does not help in contributing to the forum in a friendlier way.
So what if I was wrong ? The source was legit as far as I knew.
Any other member would have just corrected it, instead of your childish negative posts.

@Apollon @digitalbabe

you posted
"I am sure that fans of the movie are aware of this but if you plan to get a UK edition of the UE, it is shorter than the north american and ROW version.

183 min UE
175 min UE UK"

I replied : "... so HMV steelbook ultimate cut is shorter by 8 minutes. do not believe you. where is the proof ? and funny. no one has questioned this here. tells alot imo about fans of this movie."
I replied on another thread : "@Actarus declared there that UK ultimate cut is 8 min. shorter than US/ROW ultimate cut. and no-one challenged it. any thoughts ?"

without me and my negative comments members of this forums would have wrong information, thanks to you !

Had a feeling the BBFC might of put the wrong info.

Suppose they get things wrong at times too

(Although equally Amazon can be wrong at times lol but I can't see the UK getting 8 mins cut)

Yes from what I saw on amazon.uk it will be same length as of North America.
I don't know why bbfc put the wrong info, I was only trying to let people know.
But since it is incorrect information, I wonder how they can let such an error slip by.

In any case now we know :)

Yes from what I saw on amazon.uk it will be same length as of North America.
I don't know why bbfc put the wrong info, I was only trying to let people know.
But since it is incorrect information, I wonder how they can let such an error slip by.

In any case now we know :)

The most important part is you made a contribution and invested your time in keeping people up to date with the latest info. I had no idea the BBFC passed it at 175 mins. We could be getting an edited UE not cut by the BBFC but submitted in this form by Warner Bros, who knows at this point? So thanks for bringing it to my attention. Looking forward to this movie, haven't seen it yet. :woot:

There is a logical reason for the apparent discrepancy in the times.

The shorter running times listed on the BBFC site for the UK home video releases of both the 2D Theatrical Edition (144m 05s) and the Ultimate Edition (174m 59s) would be accounted for by a 4% PAL speedup, ergo the BBFC used DVD copies not Blu-ray discs in classifying those two versions.

Conversely, the running time of the UK home video release of the 3D Theatrical Edition (151m 38s) is correct, indicating that a Blu-ray disc was actually used for classifying that particular version.

It stands to reason, therefore, that in respect of their running times, the UK Blu-ray discs will be identical to those released elsewhere.

The most important part is you made a contribution and invested your time in keeping people up to date with the latest info. I had no idea the BBFC passed it at 175 mins. We could be getting an edited UE not cut by the BBFC but submitted in this form by Warner Bros, who knows at this point? So thanks for bringing it to my attention. Looking forward to this movie, haven't seen it yet. :woot:

Thank you very much for the kind words :thumbs: I hope you will enjoy it in its full 182 min :happy:

The shorter running times listed on the BBFC site for the UK home video releases of both the 2D Theatrical Edition (144m 05s) and the Ultimate Edition (174m 59s) would be accounted for by a 4% PAL speedup, ergo the BBFC used DVD copies not Blu-ray discs in classifying those two versions.

Conversely, the running time of the UK home video release of the 3D Theatrical Edition (151m 38s) is correct, indicating that a Blu-ray disc was actually used for classifying that particular version.

It stands to reason, therefore, that in respect of their running times, the UK Blu-ray discs will be identical to those released elsewhere.

That makes complete sense, PAL speedup strikes again. Maybe since the BBFC classified the film via DVD the added gore detail wasn't as striking, hence the 12 cert. ;) Ireland (15) and US (R). I braced myself, that maybe it was edited but augustus, you've put my mind at rest. Sir, you're a national treasure. Thank you. :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: augustus

Seems reasonable, bro. I think that explains it.

Reactions: augustus
Don't worry about it man. I once told a girlfriend I was like Spider-Man. She said "was it because of your finely tuned physique?". My reply was "No, it's because I cannot get out of the damned bath without assistance".

I once told a girl I was like Thor, she said "whys that? you gona hammer me?" I said "nah, I enjoy wearing a red cape!"
Oh god! :banghead:
Looks like i need to teach you guys a thing or two about stuff...:whistle::p

Reactions: Flloydo
This is out next week.

Has the regular artwork been confirmed as HMV's site shows different artwork?

Anyway, I've cancelled my preorder in favour of HD Zetas WEA edition :)