Birdman (Blu-ray SteelBook) (FilmArena Collection #21) [Czech Republic]

carllenc

Premium Supporter
Oct 22, 2011
Czech Republic
Release date: January 18, 2016
Purchase link: 1/4 slip - FAC half slip - FAC full slip - FAC lenticular slip
Price: 699 CZK (1/4 slip) - 599 CZK (22,71 €) (FAC half slip) - 699 CZK (25,82 €) (FAC full slip) - 699 CZK (25,82 €) (FAC lenticular slip)
Note: The finish will be matte with spot gloss + debossing, limited to numbered copies: 500 (FAC half slip) - 2000 (FAC full slip) - 1500 (FAC lenticular slip)
Group buy: carllenc FAC half slip - FAC full slip - FAC lenticular slip

SWITCHING TO DIFFERENT BIRDMAN GROUP BUYS
If you have decided to switch from the original group buy which was already opened to a different one (lenticular fullslip or halfslip) please EDIT YOUR ORIGINAL POST in the GB you originally signed up to say you are switching to a different GB and SEND A PRIVATE MESSAGE TO @Collector03601 to inform him about this change.

FAC full slip + lenticular magnet:
BS_Birdman_Full_lenti_magnet_2000.jpg

FAC lenticular slip:
11911581_1180324425317443_1286974050_n.jpg

FAC half slip:
11944555_1180420238641195_588730424_n (1).jpg

bird.jpg

FA_Birdman.jpg

Last edited:
The fullslip is very awesome. Super glad I jumped on this gb before it was too late. I think it's one of my favorite full slips in my collection, on par with PA quality imo. The spot gloss steelbook is sweet. I love matte+spot gloss, just overall happy about this release lol.

Gonna watch it for the first time this weekend

Reactions: lolwut
Hoping mine arrives today along with M:I5. Was hoping it would've arrived a little earlier as my parcels from Karel are normally here within a few days :)

Got mine today. Thank you @carllenc Very impressed with the spot glossing, embossing / debossing and all round package.The puzzle is a great collectors item to go along with the steelbook ... very nice !

I opened the Lenticular slip as it's the first one FA have done. Plus I like the fact the slip is blue and the steel is red. It adds variation to the color pallette.

DTQ1Jr.gif

20160213_130108.jpg

20160213_130131.jpg

I only got round to watching this after the GB finished so I missed out on that one but I really enjoyed this movie, it was much better than I had expected it to be, picked up the full slip and its one of my favourite FAC releases so far, love the Lenticular magnet too, overall very pleased with it

Did you use SCF2 for your Lenti slip @Hamill82? I attempted to use one today but thought it was maybe a bit too snug for this beefier edition... ? :)

Yes I did, for now. I'm really looking forward to get the bigger ones from steelbook central. Birdman lenti is one of the biggest Filmarena packages and to be able to use SCF2 can be a bit tricky. You need to fold it few times in certain way and leave one or two corners just a bit open, it won't fully close with SCF2. There are few other Filmarena packages which are thick and not 100% suitable with SCF2.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Mickle_89
Yes I did, for now. I'm really looking forward to get the bigger ones from steelbook central. Birdman lenti is one of the biggest Filmarena packages and to be able to use SCF2 can be a bit tricky. You need to fold it few times in certain way and leave one or two corners just a bit open, it won't fully close with SCF2. There are few other Filmarena packages which are thick and not 100% suitable with SCF2.
Yes, me too... Very much looking forward to the release of the SCF4 slips! :woot::thumbs:

Saying that, I've been able to safely store every Film Arena release I own in an SCF2 but like you said, Birdman Lenti is one of their "fattest" editions to date! :wow: (A bit like the half-slip is awkward to protect too :LOL:)