Black Friday/Holidays 2013-What have you scored so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had my first lot of Black Friday deliveries today -

From Amazon.com (and arrived within a week of shipping!!)
* Great Gatsby
* GI Joe Retaliation
* Trick R Treat
* Gremlins/Gremlins 2/Goonies

From INetVideo.com
* Stargate
* Wanted
* Smokin' Aces

Hopefully my Amazon order for WWZ, Hangover 3 and the Conjuring will arrive tomorrow, and then Wednesday I should see Dances With Wolves :)

Did anyone take advantage of that best buy deal last week where if you ordered an item, and did in-store pickup, you'd get a $10 savings code per order placed?

Well, I did one order, and the e-mail I got showed this...

bby.jpg

But when I applied the code, I got $20 off my order! :scat:

Anyone else have this happen?

Last edited:
Pretty boring year for me
The Heat bluray
Oblivion bluray
Ben Hur collectors edition (gorgeous boxing btw)
The Hobbit 3d extended edition
Dances with Wolves 20th anniversary
50' red mere hdmi cable

Reactions: popculturefanatic
Pretty boring year for me
The Heat bluray
Oblivion bluray
Ben Hur collectors edition (gorgeous boxing btw)
The Hobbit 3d extended edition
Dances with Wolves 20th anniversary
50' red mere hdmi cable

The Ben Hur set is one of the best single movie box sets ever. It does look really good with the embossed case and that lovely notebook inside. I hate pointless stuff, but that notebook actually is pretty interesting and informative. Unlike those silly coasters in the Casablanca box set.

Among other things, I picked up Looney Tunes Platinum Collection Volume One (Limited Edition) for $23 or something on Amazon.ca, and that's a perfect example of how pointless a box set is. I just wanted to take out the digibook and throw out everything else. I mean, a Bugs Bunny glass with a pretty bland Bugs drawing, and on the other side of the glass it says 'Collectible glass'. I mean, what's the point of that? It just ruins the whole glass. It's about as lame as etching 'steelbook edition' on a steelbook. I know it's a steelbook, so what. However, the digibook is really good. It's just sad they didn't keep releasing the rest of the volumes as digibooks.

Sorry, off topic here. But yeah, I'm glad I picked up Ben Hur from Amazon.ca. And an insane amount of steelbooks from Amazon.com. And Universal Monsters box set from Amazon.co.uk (I got the limited edition coffin already, so the new box set will be a gift for someone special.

Status
Not open for further replies.