11691058-1704570097850384.jpg
11691059-6214570097285037.jpg
11691058-1104570097530437.jpg
11691058-1864570097392101.jpg
11691058-1504555325304639.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thanks
Reactions: zesty
What also bothers me is that it takes so long for zavvi and other retailers to list audio and subs, I prefer my steelbooks with dutch subs but only yesterday the subs were listed on the zavvi site for the black panther 3D steelbook
I understand that, but then it’s no problem cancelling. :) Just one button on the order page. It’s of course your choice how to go about it but I would recommend it for the future just to secure an order. 3D Steels of blockbusters are going fast now, at least the Zavvi Disney ones. Thor, Jedi and now this all sold out well before release.

How come we’re having to wait a month after the US for this release? Theatrically we had it the same time so why different for the home market?

3D/2D Steelbook for now is Sold out
As usual possible will be stock available before or after release date due to some orders being cancelled

I don't mind it in that it definitely reflects the themes of the movie, of T'Challa having to come out from the shadow of his Father and Wakanda coming out of it's self-imposed exile to meet the real world.

That said, so many good characters in the film I might break my double-dipping rule if someone does a good one with a few of them on it.

I can't say the steelbook art is the greatest but the regular 3D art is even worse, so I might end up keeping my pre-order for this. I'm not 100% sure though, and the steelbook comes out locally on 30/05 so I might see what it looks like in hand before fully deciding. Although I'm disappointed there isn't a title on the front, after TLJ and Thor Ragnarok I though Disney were finally starting to do that again.

It's released a month behind the US because of the cinema chains here...the US has a 12 week window but we have a 16 week window!...Disney wanted to do a 12 week window with Alice Through The Looking Glass but the big cinema chains threatened to pull the film, afraid that a 12 week window would deter punters through their doors!....they should be more worried about crazy prices, unruly behaviour and mobile phone usage before worrying about losing patrons because the home video release is only 3 months after the film opens!

I know a lot of people complained about the lack of name on the spine but I wish they would make them larger than the one on this and Thor Ragnarok

Spine magnet ............................................................................................................... UK spine
View attachment 369500 View attachment 369504 .................View attachment 369506
If uniformity is desired across the collection .... you may know there is a way to avoid irregular sized spine titles = spine magnets.
Granted, the magnets are not perfect regarding matching the front artwork and I'd say it might have been better to have them in neutral colours sympathetic to the overall colour scheme ... that is, if they were not going to match the steelbook front artwork exactly.
Section of Marvel spine magnets courtesy eBay:-

I must admit, I do like some custom spine magnets, especially those that flow well together. I just cannot bring myself to pay those prices though when it's money better spent going towards an actual steelbook.

Spine magnet ............................................................................................................... UK spine
View attachment 369500 View attachment 369504 .................View attachment 369506
If uniformity is desired across the collection .... you may know there is a way to avoid irregular sized spine titles = spine magnets.
Granted, the magnets are not perfect regarding matching the front artwork and I'd say it might have been better to have them in neutral colours sympathetic to the overall colour scheme ... that is, if they were not going to match the steelbook front artwork exactly.
Section of Marvel spine magnets courtesy eBay:-
:coffee:For the Ant Man Spin WHY is :watch:Ant Man on Caps Shield ?o_O:banghead:

:coffee:For the Ant Man Spin WHY is :watch:Ant Man on Caps Shield ?o_O:banghead:
Because it was one of the posters released for the film:

0NekLwt.jpg

Slightly on topic, I finally got my MCU books boxset and Black Panther shirt which is good because I was a bit worried since it was sent on 30/04. And with the way they packaged it sliding around I'm surprised it didn't get more corner dings. But it's fine, can't complain about such a good bargain.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: K.i.T