11691058-1704570097850384.jpg
11691059-6214570097285037.jpg
11691058-1104570097530437.jpg
11691058-1864570097392101.jpg
11691058-1504555325304639.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thanks
Reactions: zesty
I think this artwork looks awesome! It doesn't matter at all that they switch the style between the MCU films, as the films themselves can be so different from each other as well. But yeah, really digging this and will definitely keep my pre-order in! My only gripe is that the front of the steel doesn't have the film's title in it, but it's not that big of a deal as the slipcover has it and it will be in the slipcover most of the time anyway.

so the same artwork as the Best Buy version, but I'll buy the zavvi version too ..maybe there are few differences like the Thor 3 steelbook.
I f#ckin' love this artwork

At least the spine looks decent ...thank you, designers :rolleyes:
As for the off-centre artwork ... the less I say the better.
Well, I like it, it's different and that's what is needed with steelbooks these days (provided it isn't poop art), and using bog standard poster art is just lazy anyway, if you like the poster art, buy the amaray editions.

As for the, what you say is off centre artwork, I think it is a trick of the eye, it looks quite centered to me, the mock up on the spine side view looks slightly off, with one of the arms more outstretched than the other.

But the full frontal art as below, is centered, and I measured it from the center of black Panthers head, either side to the edge and it is perfectly equal, so it's just the mock up on the spine side view is itself off center a bit, hopefully it doesn't transfer to the real thing.

11691058-1704570097850384[1].jpg

Oh Lord! Underwhelming art for an underwhelming movie... The next easy pass Marvel, thank you. And combined with the amaray and 4k editions for me its the ugliest design package ever made for a superhero movie. Whats wrong with you Marvel? :D

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Alf_1
Well, I like it, it's different and that's what is needed with steelbooks these days (provided it isn't poop art)

Glad you and others like it.
Never been a fan myself ... don't remember what I posted on first sight but don't think it was complimentary.

Why don't I like it?
1) It doesn't sit well with the other members of the Marvel UK steelbook family ... all in varying dark, rich, warm and luxurious hues with the odd gimmicky but stylish exception in silver :-
....................................................................................................................................... from these ................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
120765_large.jpg
160013_large.jpg
129589_large.jpg
47638_large.jpg
143246_large.jpg
138070_large.jpg
45468_large.jpg

......................................................................................................................................... and these ..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................
143752_large.jpg
48048_large.jpg
143753_large.jpg
72909_large.jpg
30077_large.jpg
76448_large.jpg
140552_large.jpg

............................................................................................................................................... these too .........................................................................................................................................................................................................................
100167_large.jpg
143756_large.jpg
155112_large.jpg
189551_large.jpg
143834_large.jpg
76449_large.jpg
26486_large.jpg

........................................................................................................................................................ including these .....................................................................................................................................................................................................
143754_large.jpg
88890_large.jpg
191551_large.jpg
159949_large.jpg
136420_large.jpg
109689_large.jpg
143755_large.jpg

...................................................................................................................................................... plus these ...................................................................................................................................................................................................................
178403_large.jpg
167163_large.jpg
189554_large.jpg
183106_large.jpg
183107_large.jpg
37591_large.jpg
155110_large.jpg

.... to this.
199268_large.jpg

2) Kind of what happened with the PLANET OF THE APES reboots with RISE and DAWN complementing each other well ... then WAR comes along in a completely different style.
............................................... from these .......................................................................................................................................... to this .................................
114398_large.jpg
31193_large.jpg
109473_large.jpg
183494_large.jpg

That's all really.

Someone jog my memory... is this design related to something in the film? The end credits? Seems familiar (which is why I assume they went with it).

Someone jog my memory... is this design related to something in the film? The end credits? Seems familiar (which is why I assume they went with it).

It's related to the promotional / poster artwork - so it was already in the design "bank"...makes it any easy choice.

VERY disappointed that neither the USA or UK version has a title on the front.

Yes I like this one, 3D steelbook , with dutch subs
I checked zavvi site yesterday evening, and I wanted to order the 3D steelbook today and now already it is sold out
yesterday it was available
it will probably be available again towards release date, but why can't zavvi maintain a simple policy
all steelbooks should be available either from a official release date or not .
Now , they kind of force potential buyers to check the zavvi site every day because a steelbook might be available or not for purchase and if you do not want to miss a release
it already could be sold out

It’s been up for pre-order for a couple of months, so plenty of time to order. And just cancel if artwork, subs etc. wasn’t to your liking. But I’m surprised it sold out already. Seems to be typical these days that blockbuster Steelbooks with 3D sell out fast, much because 3D isn’t available in the US anymore. So important to get orders in early now, and rather cancel if something comes up.

And to date, the biggest Marvel movie of all time...is it not deserving of a great design & finish?

yes andy and thats why ill be hanging ou for blufans yet again, i know it not zavvis fault but some of wwa have been bad, but im pass filling the shelves with any old junk just because zavvi are selling it.
one of the reasons i cleared out over 50 steels gave them away in the end to the father in law, he was happy so was i for shelf space back.
but i am not throwing my money away anymore, it takes too long to earn it and i want a decent steel fair enough, the studios just seem to churn any old tat out imho.

basil :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: Alf_1 and apsmith21
Quite like this, must admit.

May have to be a double dip depending what WEA we get for this and how long I can be arsed to wait(aside from blufans, we often eat years for Asian WEA premium steels)

It’s been up for pre-order for a couple of months, so plenty of time to order. And just cancel if artwork, subs etc. wasn’t to your liking. But I’m surprised it sold out already. Seems to be typical these days that blockbuster Steelbooks with 3D sell out fast, much because 3D isn’t available in the US anymore. So important to get orders in early now, and rather cancel if something comes up.

What also bothers me is that it takes so long for zavvi and other retailers to list audio and subs, I prefer my steelbooks with dutch subs but only yesterday the subs were listed on the zavvi site for the black panther 3D steelbook