Jan 21, 2011
United Kingdom
Release date: February 5th , 2018
Purchase links: Amazon - Zavvi - Zoom UK - HMV
Price: £39.99

81r1P972TyL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Noodles
You, @Deckard99 , and myself are cut from the same clothe! We need to all have a drink together after we see our final bills on all these 2049's lol. I have a total of 4 wiskey sets and 2 blasters (not including the 3rd that was blocked) hopefully at least 1 of the other 2 will get to me!

I think I'm up to 10 editions ordered or in hand. Totally lost control on this one! But hey, it's Blade Runner!

I only have 1 blaster and 1 whisky set.
@paulboland @Deckard99 @GI_SnakeEyes

Too bad the movie had not much of this kind of fans.
A box office success would have made other blade runner universe movies possible. Now this will more than probably never happen.(n)
Blade Runner 1982 was also a box office failure it was home media sales that made it a success

Home Media Sales will be good also for Blade Runner 2049 both physical media and digital media

Blade Runner it's a type of film that grows in popularity over time

A lot of films that are considered classics and have a cult status was a box office failure
Some have been major films in the top 100 you be surprised to see how many of them did not do well on original cinema release but have become must have purchases in later years and get regular re-releases

Last edited:
Blade Runner 1982 was also a box office failure it was home media sales that made it a success

Home Media Sales will be good also for Blade Runner 2049

Blade Runner it's a type of film that grows in popularity over time

A lot of films that are considered classics and have a cult status was a box office failure
Some have been major films in the top 100 you be surprised to see how many of them did not do well on original cinema release but have become must have purchases in later years

Agreed about the good home media sales and the cult status Paul. But that won't be enough to make another movie based on the blade runner universe. Box office results were really poor considering the budget.

Agreed about the good home media sales and the cult status Paul. But that won't be enough to make another movie based on the blade runner universe. Box office results were really poor considering the budget.
Ridley Scott said last week
After voicing some complaints about Villeneuve's sequel—that it was half an hour too long—Scott has announced his own plans for a third movie.

Ridley Scott told Digital Spy that another Blade Runner is "possible" and that a script is even being conceived.

"I think there is another story," Scott said. "I've got another one ready to evolve and be developed, so there is certainly one to be done for sure."

In my opinion
Ridley Scott probably should have directed the film itself or got more involved in the editing of the film
Films released in the cinema can often not do well if they are too long with a few exceptions and also depends on type of film style action/Scifi/Drama etc in terms of daily box office takings and repeat viewings in the cinema

That's what DVD and Blu-ray are for to release extended editions as the viewer has the time to view in their own home at their leisure

Last edited:
@paulboland Movie runtime is too easy to blame. How long are the Transformers movies ?
The movie was slow paced had not much action and is rated R which is nowadays a suicidal move if you think of what the audience is expecting of a big budget sci fi. This movie as it is is a miracle, and i doubt this kind of miracle might happen twice.
I am glad Ridley Scott did not direct 2049, as i really think it would not have been half as good. He directed the original, true. Yet i am not impressed with his latest works. As for the scripts he is working on, wel that is one thing, but if nobody wants to produce the script there is no movie. 2049 had very good reviews, and still it failed heavily at box office. That is not a positive message for any producer interrested in a return of investment.

@paulboland Movie runtime is too easy to blame. How long are the Transformers movies ?
The movie was slow paced had not much action and is rated R which is nowadays a suicidal move if you think of what the audience is expecting of a big budget sci fi. This movie as it is is a miracle, and i doubt this kind of miracle might happen twice.
I am glad Ridley Scott did not direct 2049, as i really think it would not have been half as good. He directed the original, true. Yet i am not impressed with his latest works. As for the scripts he is working on, wel that is one thing, but if nobody wants to produce the script there is no movie. 2049 had very good reviews, and still it failed heavily at box office. That is not a positive message for any producer interrested in a return of investment.

One way for it to happen is if Ridley's next alien movie is a monster of a hit. Then FOX (or whomever will own the studio if they do sell as their planning) will make a passion project for him without thinking twice. Especially if he agree to do another big alien movie, where the studio can cash in on not just the box-office but also the merchandise. So I wouldn't say never..... but definitely the stars have to align @paulboland .

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Jocelin
Don't think this has been discussed yet, was just wondering, is the design of the glasses not property of cibi ? What aboutvthe glasses we get in this edition ?

Received from zoom this morning.

To be honest I am disappointed with the quality of the glasses.

On of my glasses has an imperfection as well on the front rim
View attachment 356605
So basically the 4K disc costs £24.99 so the asking price for 2 glasses is roughly £14.00. Going by your picture buddy I would not be happy with the lack of quality...
Are the glasses from the pound shop? :naughty: I guess you get what you pay for...:censored:

I would send it back with the damage clearly seen on the glass...

This makes me even more satisfied I avoided wasting extra money on this so called collectable and stuck to the Blaster edition...IMO

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: StifflersDad