Breaking Bad Limited SteelBook Art Collection (Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Media Markt Exclusive) [Germany]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: November 20th, 2014
Purchase links: Breaking Bad Limited Steelbook Art Collection
Price: €129.00
Group Buy: Masterblaster

Individual purchase links:
The Complete First Second
The Complete Second Season
The Complete Third Season
The Complete Fourth Season
The Complete Fifth Season
The Final Season

Breaking Bad Steelbook 3.jpg

Last edited:
Please forgive me, I am fairly new to the forum and haven't explored much of the sites lol. I assume Masterblaster is a known member providing services from Germany?

They're very tempting, but I'm not really in a rush. My pick is either BB or WD for my first TV Series, but I am more inclined with this because the series is over and I know artwork is consistent in all SBs.

There s/he is!! @digitalbabe, you've just summoned Masterblaster! :woot: lol

Just a little further on the design and SB itself. Can somebody please correct me if I am wrong with:
1) The green banner at the top of each season steelbooks showing 'Breaking Bad' and 'blu-ray logo' is only a slip. End product will look like the preview in the complete series set.
2) The collection is in German release, but it will have English audio and subtitles.
3) The back design will not have text. :happy:

There s/he is!! @digitalbabe,
1) The green banner at the top of each season steelbooks showing 'Breaking Bad' and 'blu-ray logo' is only a slip. End product will look like the preview in the complete series set.
2) The collection is in German release, but it will have English audio and subtitles.
3) The back design will not have text. :happy:

1) yes, only a slip
2) English DTS-HD MA 5.1 and English Subtitles
3) i don't know

Reactions: Dan
I have a barrel already, so it is to expensive for me to get double dip. IMO artworks are great and very special, maybe not in style of the series but as special as the film itself.
If it will be cheaper 50% i would love to get it.

ohhhh gawd, I want this so badly. Love Ralph Steadman's artwork. I've been a massive fan of his since I first heard of Hunter S Thompson, about 15 years ago.

For me to purchase this, it would need to have as little German text as possible... and *prays* remastered from 4K blu-ray! Which seems like a no-no :sorry:

I knew this would get polarising opinions.

I think its okay to dislike the artwork, everyone has their own opinion, but to say its not fitting with the show probably means you're misunderstanding Ralph Steadmans work. All his artwork seems to be about a sort of American underbelly. Disgust, the ugly side of things, which is perfectly fitting with the show if anything. Plus you have to remember this would have been run by not only the studio, but also the creators before getting the go ahead. How much packaging have we seen recalled due to the creators/studios not agreeing with the way its been executed.

I think its okay to dislike the artwork, everyone has their own opinion, but to say its not fitting with the show probably means you're misunderstanding Ralph Steadmans work. All his artwork seems to be about a sort of American underbelly. Disgust, the ugly side of things, which is perfectly fitting with the show if anything.
Thanks for the being the first person to delve into the connection between Steadman's work and BB. That's an interpretation I can get behind.
I still don't like the artwork :p
But now, I can appreciate what it's trying to do.
And I might still purchase the set if the box is like the HP collection (i.e. individual slots), because I do like the art on that.

Rover