Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: February 2nd, 2015
Purchase link: Breaking Bad: Season 1
Price: £19.99

11028961-1412874594-409974.jpg

11028961-1412874594-410405.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't "get" the artwork. Either I'm too stupid to figure it out or there's a fancy underlying meaning as to why Jesse and co look half finished. :dunno:

Somewhere, someone is a huge fan of both the show, and Ralph Steadman, and they're in hog heaven. Great news for them. Disappointing for the rest of us.

I would overpay like a horny sailor at a brothel for a set with even decent art, but this pairing makes too little sense to justify the cost.

one of the best shows on tv and they sell it with pictures that look like they have been drawn by nursery school kids, like many others really wanted this to be released as a steel but definitely not like this, had it been Jock Walking Dead type art then you would have something special

Big fan of the show and already own the barrel and have preordered the tin edition, but am not going to get this rubbish...comes across as a rubbish half-hearted 5 minute artwork job, for which i am not willing to pay £100 in total!

At least the price tag of €25.99 is more realistic, shame they are released so late after the German/Netherlands versions, which will result in people sourcing them from there rather than waiting until next year.

I like the art work, much more so than the soon be released tin.

Now I've seen that zavvi have spaced these out over 3 months and the price dropping a bit has intrigued me. Also if a discount code pops up I may get these sooner than I thought. Really looking forward to seeing the backs and inside art work, as someone stated before you can see colours and other things that lead to something on the back (I hope) and the hank one has a massive red splurge on the spine so I'm wondering what that could be. Massive steadman and breaking bad fan so these are perfect for me. Hoping these are glossy too. Only downer is zavvi not having the box the German release has, the meth camper looks awesome with the colours. Hopefully zavvi sell that separately for a few quid (£3.99 or something) doubt it tho

Six SteelBooks @ £20 each = £120! For a series which can be bought as a whole as a box set for half the price! WHAT AN ABSOLUTE JOKE!

The recently announced complete series tin box set is only £86.50 on Amazon.co.uk, so even at £15 each these SteelBooks would STILL be over-priced!

This is an extortionate way to buy a series which has been released more times in the last 12 months than the Alien films, considering the fact that most people who are interested in owning the series on Blu-Ray will most likely already own one of the complete box sets or have the tin box set on pre-order!

Reactions: Marina Blue
I am sure this is art and I am happy for thoose that appreciate it, but this is not even close to appealing to me.

Reactions: PKAVFC