Buy 1 Holy Grail steelbook or Buy 6 regular steebook?

Do you prefer 1 holy grail steelbook instead of 6 regular steelbook?

• I'm happy to spend $300 on 1 holy grail steelbook.

Votes: 56 36.8%
  • I'm happy to spend $300 on 6 regular steelbook.

Votes: 96 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MayFlower

Premium Supporter
Sep 28, 2011
I'm just curious what other collectors think about that question.

If you have $300 spending for steelbook, then what would you do?

Buy the holy grail steelbook like (Iron Man Futureshop, Rambo, etc) that you have been wanting to add

or

do you buy 6 individual steelbook at a price of $50 each.

I'm curious what you would do in that situation....

I see some members making comments like "I can't afford it", but then I see them with 50+ steelbooks in their collection.

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to feel like biscuit ... but now it just depends on the title and if I really want it bad enough. I'll spend the dough. Tho to just be totally honest ... that # is exactly the most I ever spent on a movie. I find it easier for me to spend high amounts on other collectibles as opposed to steels. So I'm more like most, where if I spend that much its 95% of the time on multiple steels as opposed to one.

so far, it sounds like the majority of the collectors would rather have more quantity in their collection.

this is quite interesting...if I can give $300 to each one of you, then ya won't use it on the most expensive steelbook.

so far, it sounds like the majority of the collectors would rather have more quantity in their collection.

this is quite interesting...if I can give $300 to each one of you, then ya won't use it on the most expensive steelbook.

Oh, I didnt take it literal regardless of it being fictitious ... if i was given 300 and told to spend it on steel .... sure , I'd grab a rare one ;) :)

I'm kind of at the point that I'd rather get the really hard to find ones and then worry about acquiring others later. But I'd agree with Wreck, that I find it much easier to drop more $$ on other collectibles. Also, it obviously depends on what it is. I don't want something simply because its rare

I would never spend that amount on a steel! For a figurine or collectible, no prob, but not for steel!

Where's my 300$. :p

so if it's free money, then some might pick a rare one.

However, if it is your own personal money, then no...

so there is a desire for rare ones, but not worth it...

if we have more collectors thinking the same, then it's interesting to see the price of steelbook going up. True? If majority are not willing to pay extra money for a steelbook, then the price should stay the same. True?

So, can we conclude that there is a minority collectors out there that are driving the price up to benefit the rest of the collectors who are not willing to pay more than it's MSRP price?

Don't worry guys, if I ever win the lotto or strike rich over night, then I'll be giving each one of you on this thread $300 :)

if GIVEN the money...I would DEF go for the higher priced Steel. You can always get the other ones along the way, and possibly for better prices too! ;)

For me its always been down to how much I wanted the Steelbook, sure we all want to pay as little as possible who wouldn't but its never been about the cost. I would have no problem spending it ;)

Its not fun spending that kind of money because you have kids to feed and shoes to buy the wife. LOL. However It is nice getting those rare once in a lifetime steelbook before it gets out of hand. I expect the prices to keep on going up. No reason why they shouldn't.
I voted the 6 cool ones. $50 for a steelbook is cheap IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.