Captain America: Civil War (Lenticular) (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: October 16, 2017
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £24.99
Notes: Embossing/debossing on front and back

11557669-1074518005203329.jpg

11557669-7214518005474730.jpg
11557669-1644518005676315.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The finish is matte Jan from Film Arena replied to that question on facebook

Nothing unusual as the previous Marvel lenti steelbooks they was also matte finish

Being a fan of truly limited edition steels, I do long for how few Incredible Hulks were produced. 2,000 and a real rarity.

This I expect is closer to an 8,000+ run.

Being a fan of truly limited edition steels, I do long for how few Incredible Hulks were produced. 2,000 and a real rarity.

This I expect is closer to an 8,000+ run.

Just my opinion. But I feel anybody who wants a steelbook should always be able to get one.
I realize that doesn't make them rare, but it would mean that you wouldn't ever have to pay scalpers for one.

If you're ONLY buying these as an investment, and not for yourself, I think it's kind of selfish to wish that others can't have one.

@Starling please don't misunderstand what I'm saying. I'm only adding my opinion to your post.
I am absolutely in no way at all saying that this is what you are doing or wishing.

I believe you are just saying that you like the idea of owning something rare.
I understand this. :)

• Thanks
Reactions: K.i.T
Just my opinion. But I feel anybody who wants a steelbook should always be able to get one.
I realize that doesn't make them rare, but it would mean that you wouldn't ever have to pay scalpers for one.

If you're ONLY buying these as an investment, and not for yourself, I think it's kind of selfish to wish that others can't have one.

@Starling please don't misunderstand what I'm saying. I'm only adding my opinion to your post.
I am absolutely in no way at all saying that this is what you are doing or wishing.

I believe you are just saying that you like the idea of owning something rare.
I understand this. :)
I get it. But hey, if I can spin a quick turn then that only goes to help pay for an even more desirable steel.

I like rarity. Rare steels. Rare comics. Rare steak.

Reactions: lgans316
I think he just likes to Moan about every UK release steelbook. Just put him on block, easiest way to rid of the negativity.

Last edited by a moderator:
:LOL:

I think he just likes to Moan about every UK release steelbook. Just put him on block, easiest way to rid of the negativity.

Not really, loads of decent uk steels.

Recently loved the uk Pirates steel, guardians 2, the big lebowski and the witch

• Thanks
Reactions: thewoe
Zero finish indubitably just like the other Marvels: but unlike the others with their embossed titles . . . these new two promise to be far more interesting w/ creative 'bossing to the artwork as well.
In conclusion: BUY THEM (lol)

Some from the previous wave Marvel lenti wave:-
[URL='http://steelbookpro.fr/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/Iron-man-steelbook-zavvi-2.jpg'][/URL]

Last edited:
  • Thanks
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: lgans316 and rj531
Looking back, this recent Zavvi MCU collection looks pretty good if you;re on a budget. All except for the Captain America designs.

That's the first time I've seen most of those. I'd like to have all of them now that I've seen what's under the lenti.
Like I keep saying, I don't find that the lenti adds anything to them. Even if the lentis are good, the steelbooks look better without them.

• Thanks
Reactions: Ranavalone
Source please. Or just speculation?
My source is 100% legit.

Click on the link at the top of the thread, that takes you to the item retailing at Zavvi..

If you then scroll slowly down that page there's a little green box. It says "Pre-Order". Clue number one.

As I also said "I expect", I can once again confirm 100% that my expectation is in that region of 8,000+.

Neither of those two points are debatable?

:cigar:

Most of these MCU Lenticulars still selling for silly money. So owners of these must be happy that they own something really valuable than these so called Premium Steels.

Only those sealed or at least with the J cards though :(

My source is 100% legit.

Click on the link at the top of the thread, that takes you to the item retailing at Zavvi..

If you then scroll slowly down that page there's a little green box. It says "Pre-Order". Clue number one.

As I also said "I expect", I can once again confirm 100% that my expectation is in that region of 8,000+.

Neither of those two points are debatable?

:cigar:

Sorry, I still don't get it. At the bottom of that page there is a green "PRE-ORDER NOW"-button on the right side. And that is a clue for you that it will be in the region of 8,000? Or did I miss anything?