Captain America: Civil War (Lenticular) (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: October 16, 2017
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £24.99
Notes: Embossing/debossing on front and back

11557669-1074518005203329.jpg

11557669-7214518005474730.jpg
11557669-1644518005676315.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah right zavvi, you cancelled loads of bulk orders, so miraculously we have this back up for pre-order, and it's still sticking around, seemingly longer than the first time.

So why haven't all those who had their bulk orders cancelled, just re-ordered them ? It would surely have been sold out in a few hours max ? Doesn't make sense.

I'd guess you actually ordered more in, seeing it sell out so fast (nicking from Filmarenas allocation ?),

sorry to be so cynical, but zavvi are a cynical company.

On the other hand, I have ordered this as it's way better than the original (pot, the, kettle, black, calling..:rolleyes:)
Yeah, i agree! How many bulk orders could there have been?! Must have been A WHOLE HEAP! Because to me, it seems like the predominance of orders must have been bulk orders.......for this to still be around. And after selling so fast the first time around. Look at the Psycho steelbook - that's still up there, and yet a few weeks ago there were supposedly "only 100 remaining". A few days before that 200 of them were back up for order and they apparently sold out in under 45 mins. So how come the "100 remaining" is still up there, weeks later?! My gripe? If it drops the £10 mark in the near future, I WILL BE P&@#ED! Sorry to post about another product in this thread, just making the point that These type situations seem to happen quite often with Zavvi,

Yeah, i agree! How many bulk orders could there have been?! Must have been A WHOLE HEAP! Because to me, it seems like the predominance of orders must have been bulk orders.......for this to still be around. And after selling so fast the first time around. Look at the Psycho steelbook - that's still up there, and yet a few weeks ago there were supposedly "only 100 remaining". A few days before that 200 of them were back up for order and they apparently sold out in under 45 mins. So how come the "100 remaining" is still up there, weeks later?! My gripe? If it drops the £10 mark in the near future, I WILL BE P&@#ED! Sorry to post about another product in this thread, just making the point that These type situations seem to happen quite often with Zavvi,

Well, this actually happens with many retailers (Amazon, Kimchi, Novamedia...), not only Zavvi. And let's not forget the re-releases of long sold out items...
That's business, and there is nothing we can do to change this. So I stoped thinking about it. Just get the copy you like and be happy about it :)

Well, this actually happens with many retailers (Amazon, Kimchi, Novamedia...), not only Zavvi. And let's not forget the re-releases of long sold out items...
That's business, and there is nothing we can do to change this. So I stoped thinking about it. Just get the copy you like and be happy about it :)
True, very true - but i like to get my copy cheap - makes it all the more sweet! With Amazon though, i've noticed sometimes they will say, "Only 12 or 8 or blah-blah copies left, MORE ON THE WAY" - that's the differance! Apart from that, Zavvi could easily show an item as Out of stock. Sold out should mean exactly that - SOLD OUT. I personally think they capitalize on the panick buying that this instigates.

Don't panic, a few days before getting charged it'll show as Sold Out, which means possibly Tuesday.

That will then encourage everyone to stick with their orders, only for it to miraculously reappear sometime the following week.

With bricks and mortar retailers you see for yourself what's disappearing off the shelf. The same for when an item is non exclusive, you get to see one by one it being shown as sold out.

It can be really annoying, but if I personally feel I'm being mislead, then I stick to my favourite retailer when there is a choice.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vegano
Bring back the Play.com days. Their inventory stock was pretty accurate. When something was sold out it normally was except some reserve copies for damaged returns.
YES! Exactly, so it CAN be ( and WAS) done! I cancel ALOT these days from Zavvi, because i just don't trust their "Sold out" stats anymore. And if i miss out? Oh well, then that's life.

Don't panic, a few days before getting charged it'll show as Sold Out, which means possibly Tuesday.

That will then encourage everyone to stick with their orders, only for it to miraculously reappear sometime the following week.

With bricks and mortar retailers you see for yourself what's disappearing off the shelf. The same for when an item is non exclusive, you get to see one by one it being shown as sold out.

It can be really annoying, but if I personally feel I'm being mislead, then I stick to my favourite retailer when there is a choice.
DAMN RIGHT!

When you see 5 copies from one re-seller listed on the bay with 3 already sold - one for $70 incl. P&P and one sold only yesterday for $55 (despite being available directly from the retailer for considerably less) - you appreciate the fact that these steels are desirable and potential money-spinners (if you're that way inclined).
I imagine quite a few have been brought back into the system recently with orders over 5 cancelled by Zavvi . . . giving collectors the opportunity to buy their copies at the "right" price.

Luckily I only need the one copy of each . . . no-brainer purchases . . . not forgetting the fact that only one from the total wave of Marvel lenti steelbooks is still available from Zavvi (last time I checked) - AGE OF ULTRON - out of all those pictured in my SPOILER above . . .

As for re-sale prices you only have to look at the first CAPTAIN AMERICA Zavvi Marvel lenti steelbook - you're talking well over $100 in the market place.

Goes without saying: Buy it from the retailer at the "proper" price as it will sell out and will not come back.
The only question left to ask is "What's the total print run?" . . . 10,000 ? 5,000 ? 4,000 ? shared between FA and Zavvi.
The only answer is "Does not matter as will sell out . . . not if, but when . . . guaranteed to make a profit on the secondary market".

When you see 5 copies from one re-seller listed on the bay with 3 already sold - one for $70 incl. P&P and one sold only yesterday for $55 (despite being available directly from the retailer for considerably less) - you appreciate the fact that these steels are desirable and potential money-spinners (if you're that way inclined).
I imagine quite a few have been brought back into the system recently with orders over 5 cancelled by Zavvi . . . giving collectors the opportunity to buy their copies at the "right" price.

Luckily I only need the one copy of each . . . no-brainer purchases . . . not forgetting the fact that only one from the total wave of Marvel lenti steelbooks is still available from Zavvi (last time I checked) - AGE OF ULTRON - out of all those pictured in my SPOILER above . . .

As for re-sale prices you only have to look at the first CAPTAIN AMERICA Zavvi Marvel lenti steelbook - you're talking well over $100 in the market place.

Goes without saying: Buy it from the retailer at the "proper" price as it will sell out and will not come back.
The only question left to ask is "What's the total print run?" . . . 10,000 ? 5,000 ? 4,000 ? shared between FA and Zavvi.
The only answer is "Does not matter as will sell out . . . not if, but when . . . guaranteed to make a profit on the secondary market".
Yeah, i noticed that the Cap America lenticular goes for crazy money ( New and Sealed) - Why is that? I must admit, i really like that one and the winter soldier - best two out of the wave , for me me. The First Avenger has a nice kind of vintage/retro look to it, really nice.

A few days before release is right now. It's release date is Oct 16th!!

Zavvi will probably start charging on Monday :LOL::rofl:

Defo increased run compared to the early MCU Zavvi lentis...I'm still going to keep my order as I do like the series. I'm going to pass on any FACs though

What time does zavvi normally debit on preorders?
It varies can be between Monday to Thursday before release date
Most times Debit/Credit Cards are debited either Tuesday or Wednesday before release date

Sometimes though it can be as late as Friday or Monday release date depends on if stock has arrived at the warehouse sometimes stock arrives late for various reasons
Dispatch emails can be sent on the Tue/Wed/Thur but not be delivered till release date if Disney have a release date restriction on a release

Postal Carrier then are told not to be delivered until release date

I doubt though with this been a back catalog release it will have a release date restriction

Most times Debit/Credit Cards are debited either Tuesday or Wednesday before release date

Sometimes though it can be as late as Friday or Monday release date depends on if stock has arrived at the warehouse sometimes stock arrives late for various reasons
Dispatch emails can be sent on the Tue/Wed/Thur but not be delivered till release date if Disney have a release date restriction on a release

I doubt though with this been a back catalog release it will have a release date restriction
I do love you Paul Boland.

The only man I know that can get away with repeating the same thing seven times in one comment.

That's, release date release date release date release date release date release date release date.

There's no one else like you, please never change.

Yes, but, No, They have also charged on Sunday, 1 week before release for Ghost In The Shell Steelbook pre-order I remember, so that's now almost all days of the week they can charge....:)....Saturday anyone ?